+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Nina B

Oct 23, 2015
xiaopan said:
Thanks for sharing! I just submitted my TRV application online. Yea, I will book my flight until my passport returns.... based on your advice.
Can you share your TRV timeline with us please?

Stefanovic

Oct 6, 2015
Approved!! :D :D :D :

Here is my timeline:
applied June 8th
Blank Updates: Aug 17th, 21st, Nov 22nd
I called CIC the next day, 23rd to check about the blank update(received on 22nd Nov), even checked the website on 22nd and 23rd but no update, when I spoke to the agent she said that my permit was approved and already mailed out on 23rd Nov. The website was finally updated on the 24th of Nov.
Approved: Nov 23rd,2015

Well I am just glad that this wait is finally over!! Its been a really stressful wait, I can finally sleep in peace.

Thank you to all on this forum for sharing your timelines and information, it has definitely helped me in a lot of way. To all those waiting, your permits will be approved soon as well, its only a matter of time.

And thank you Jubear and Met15 for always replying to all my posts. Thank you!!

My friend as well, was approved this week:
She applied - May 17th
$100 fee - 22nd sept
Approved - 24th Nov

flowerhorn

Nov 26, 2015
nuendo said:
I want to take time to appreciate the effort of everyone here through out these very trying times. Unlike most of us, some didn't even have the opportunity to work because out study permits didn't allow us to. Am grateful to our star members especially JUBEAR as well as Newbies who all contributed in form of advise and personal experiences to make this such a great resource. This is why the internet was created. So I would like to share my personal experience, maybe a couple of us would get encouraged or learn a couple of things.

My experience has really been a crazy one. Firstly, I applied using only my Maters Certificate instead of the Transcript or Letter of Graduation. I was worried because the certificate didn't show if i was within 90 days of completion of my course. As if that wasn't scary enough, I also scanned just the first page of my passport instead of the entire document with all the stamp marks as said in the instructions. I discovered these errors only about a month ago and really became unsettled ever since. I have a very strong conviction that this might have caused the delay. I eventually scanned the required documents and sent via CSE to CIC, then got a reply within 2 weeks that it has been seen and sent to the relevant dept. I also added a strong emotional component to the CSE letter explaining my condition. Well, I don't know ho much that helped but I the day after calling CIC the second time, I got a blank update and the next day, I got my approval.

Well, the summary of my situation is, Cheer Up guys!!! If I could still get mine despite these errors, then you all have an even greater chance of getting yours. The system is changing for the better now. Eventually, everyone would get sorted out in due time. Also don't hesitate to use the CSE or call CIC no matter how bad the last agent was. The first agent who replied me was in a haste to get me off the phone. She told me my app was sent for an additional review and I should check back if i didn't hear in 4 months. The second agent was extremely helpful and even placed me on hold while he went and made inquires about my file. He told me the same additional review status but this time, he mentioned when it was initially processed and placed under review. He also told me to call back Middle December if I hadn't received any news. So guys, never get discouraged with an agent telling you very scary news. Call again. The next agent might be more human and understand your struggle better.

Go through you application and check if you missed anything. You never can tell.
I contacted my MP but his office wasn't set up yet. For those who are within processing time, you would be luckier. The parliament resumes Dec 2. A lot of MPs should be set up on or before then. Please, go through them.!!!

Here is my official timeline

Applied: June 10 Online
Paid : $255
Blank Updates: August, August , Sept , Nov 22
PGWP Approval: November 23
Mail Delivery: Awaiting
Hey I have the same situation I Just realized it ... but my expected date is December the 6th for my approval or refusal. How did you submit your additional documents through CSE, Please help or if anybody else could let me know thank you

flowerhorn

Nov 26, 2015
nuendo said:
I want to take time to appreciate the effort of everyone here through out these very trying times. Unlike most of us, some didn't even have the opportunity to work because out study permits didn't allow us to. Am grateful to our star members especially JUBEAR as well as Newbies who all contributed in form of advise and personal experiences to make this such a great resource. This is why the internet was created. So I would like to share my personal experience, maybe a couple of us would get encouraged or learn a couple of things.

My experience has really been a crazy one. Firstly, I applied using only my Maters Certificate instead of the Transcript or Letter of Graduation. I was worried because the certificate didn't show if i was within 90 days of completion of my course. As if that wasn't scary enough, I also scanned just the first page of my passport instead of the entire document with all the stamp marks as said in the instructions. I discovered these errors only about a month ago and really became unsettled ever since. I have a very strong conviction that this might have caused the delay. I eventually scanned the required documents and sent via CSE to CIC, then got a reply within 2 weeks that it has been seen and sent to the relevant dept. I also added a strong emotional component to the CSE letter explaining my condition. Well, I don't know ho much that helped but I the day after calling CIC the second time, I got a blank update and the next day, I got my approval.

Well, the summary of my situation is, Cheer Up guys!!! If I could still get mine despite these errors, then you all have an even greater chance of getting yours. The system is changing for the better now. Eventually, everyone would get sorted out in due time. Also don't hesitate to use the CSE or call CIC no matter how bad the last agent was. The first agent who replied me was in a haste to get me off the phone. She told me my app was sent for an additional review and I should check back if i didn't hear in 4 months. The second agent was extremely helpful and even placed me on hold while he went and made inquires about my file. He told me the same additional review status but this time, he mentioned when it was initially processed and placed under review. He also told me to call back Middle December if I hadn't received any news. So guys, never get discouraged with an agent telling you very scary news. Call again. The next agent might be more human and understand your struggle better.

Go through you application and check if you missed anything. You never can tell.
I contacted my MP but his office wasn't set up yet. For those who are within processing time, you would be luckier. The parliament resumes Dec 2. A lot of MPs should be set up on or before then. Please, go through them.!!!

Here is my official timeline

Applied: June 10 Online
Paid : $255
Blank Updates: August, August , Sept , Nov 22
PGWP Approval: November 23
Mail Delivery: Awaiting
Hey i am in similar situation , can you please tell me how did you submit your documents through CSE or if anybody else could help me out with it. My expected date is December the 6th as I applied for my PGWP on August the 18th. Thank you

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Hey,

Applied: May 15th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month
Request for $100: Nov 2nd
Approval: Nov 5th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 12th, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 12th, 2015
Blank Updates: November 12th
Request for Passport: Nov 17th
Approval: Nov 25th
Mail Delivery: Not Yet

All the best for the guys who are still waiting for PGWP. Cheers :)

memehn

Oct 29, 2015
My timeline,

Applied: May 15th, 2015
Paid $100: Oct 30th (CES)
Approval: Nov 18 th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 25th, 2015

This forum is my strongest support during this hopeless waiting period. I learned how to pay the extra $100 by myself through CSE instead of waiting for the request. Also I was advised to see my MP for help which is really helpful.

Best wishes for all of us in Canada.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Here is my timeline:

PGWP:
Applied: July 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month
Approval: Nov 16th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 23rd, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: waiting
Request for Passport: waiting
Approval: waiting
Mail Delivery: Not Yet

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
jiajialin92 said:
I call cic today and she told that my application is send to further review... and until march 15

I applied on may 10th..
Mycic also changed from submitted to updated and back to updated again. So I just called cic, and the agent told me my pgwp just sent out and please wait.
I don't know what to say at that moment, just suddenly crying. Because 6 months pain finally ended, then I can continue to work right now.
But I have a question, my cic account still show submitted. Is that normal?

My timeline
Submitted: may 16th (pay in full)
Updated: every month
Approval: being informed by cic agent-approved on Nov 26th
Mail: waiting

For all you guys who are still waiting, please don't lose you hope and be positive all the time. You finished your study here and definitely you will get you work permit that you can make contribution further. I definitely believe that everyone will get your pgwp as soon as possible.
Cheers!

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
PgwpUrgent said:
Mycic also changed from submitted to updated and back to updated again. So I just called cic, and the agent told me my pgwp just sent out and please wait.
I don't know what to say at that moment, just suddenly crying. Because 6 months pain finally ended, then I can continue to work right now.

My timeline

For all you guys who are still waiting, please don't lose you hope and be positive all the time. You finished your study here and definitely you will get you work permit that you can make contribution further. I definitely believe that everyone will get your pgwp as soon as possible.
Cheers!
My PGWP was approved since Oct 27th and still waiting for it (No update in CIC account). yesterday i went to my MP office, they call CIC and the told us that after approval it can take 30 days, but also they told me that i should receive my permit withing 10 business day. Hope you get your permit sooner than me.

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
PgwpUrgent said:

My timeline

Cheers!
it is normal. it will a day to change it to approved.

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
anyone else getting this error when trying to check on their application status bar?

"Error loading Status table: 502 Bad Gateway"