+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
ruue said:
Hi Everyone...

For all those who paid the extra $100 without getting the request from CIC how did you make the payment

Please please advice and were do l pay and how do l send the receipt to CIC if they have not yet sent me the request?

Applied May 16th
Hi there!)
You have to register here -> https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/
and pay there Open Work Permit Holder Fee of 100$. Then, you'll receive your receipt.

After that you have to go to -> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx and submit it there and choose category of 'technical difficulty'. Do not forget to click 'upload' after choosing your receipt and after 'submit'. Also in the given space write short and nice message asking to attach that receipt to your application.

In ideal world, they have to get back to you within 5-10 business days, however, it never happens with me and I sent the receipt 3 times - no reply. Called CIC and the agent said that it was attached.

Hope, that helps!

I want luck

Nov 4, 2015
Finally, finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got home, and checked mycic, It is approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!After 6 months, this torture is finally over.

My timeline:
Submitted: May19,2015
Blank update: don't remember, maybe in July
Approved: Nov. 26,2015
Mail : hopefully in 1 week

From my experience, all we can do is waiting. And I think all May applicants are getting approved in these days. Wish all of us luck.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Finally - CIC updated the my account to indicate my work permit has been approved.

Here's my timeline:

Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29th, Oct 29
Current Status: Approved on 26 November, 2015 - (waiting period: 208 days, 6 months and 24 days)
Mail Delivery: Mailed out on 26 November, waiting for its arrival!

hallylee

Oct 30, 2015
FINALLYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

APPLIED: MAY 26th 2015
BLANK UPDATES: Aug 9th, Aug 14th
APPROVED: NOV 26th (exactly 6MONTHS)
MAIL DELIVERY: as soon as possible hopefully

Finally I've got approved!!!! I called CIC call center two times but it didn't any help. I also asked two MPS to help me, but one MP said she doesn't have any office and staff yet. the other MP asked me to write down the consent form, but he didn't help me directly. He just said me to wait until this month. Anyway thanks all of you and hopefully everyone will get the permit as soon as possible!!

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
So heres the thing I applied on 16th may and after 3 months i got an update from cic. When I checked my account it changed from submitted to updated and then after refresh to approved...but the main application page is still says file open and no final decesion made... Well i dunt know whether i should be happy or not.. M just stunned and hard to believe...

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netz said:
So heres the thing I applied on 16th may and after 3 months i got an update from cic. When I checked my account it changed from submitted to updated and then after refresh to approved...but the main application page is still says file open and no final decesion made... Well i dunt know whether i should be happy or not.. M just stunned and hard to believe...
it should change in a day or too.
If I were you I would be more happy than not.)))
Based on previous experiences shared on this forum - you're approved.)

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Well Alex if thats the case... Fcking hell... I am soooo happpy.... M not breakin this news to anyone yet until i get a confirmation....

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
So Finallyy I am Approved.... File closed and final decesion is been made to approved.... I was waiting for this day since ages where i could thank every1 for their help and support specially jubear and alex for all their kind inputs... I will update my final timline after mail deliver.. I considered myself as the cursed may applicant If i am approved then every1 should be soon..

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netz said:
So Finallyy I am Approved.... File closed and final decesion is been made to approved.... I was waiting for this day since ages where i could thank every1 for their help and support specially jubear and alex for all their kind inputs... I will update my final timline after mail deliver.. I considered myself as the cursed may applicant If i am approved then every1 should be soon..
Congrats to you!! I am may 20th and really hope i will get mine soon too.. so hard to wait!

Milanp2512

Nov 27, 2015
Hello people,

I am in bit of a situation here.

I applied for my PGWP on 21st May 2015, during application it was 68 days( i don't remember exact days but was around 70) and now the dates are way passed my application date.

Unfortunately i am still awaiting my permit till date and its been more than 6 months, i don't know if anyone has encountered or heard someone with similar situation now or before.

I called CIC after my dates were passed for processing, they said they have my file under review and ask me to wait for a month.
That conversation with CIC was month ago, and haven't received any kind of updates or email from immigration.

I don't know what could be the reason for review, i had submitted all relevant documents.

If anyone have any suggestions or similar story than please lighten it.

I have lost lots of good opportunities because of this status.

Please let me know what can be done and can i call CIC regularly for asking for update if that doesn't make anything worse for my application.

Thank you.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Dont worry about what cic call centre tells you.. Its jus a wait game... Many may applicants are still waiting so dont worry cic is just clearing their backlog.. You should get your work permit soon in 1st week december..kewp hopes.. Tcre bud

Milanp2512

Nov 27, 2015
Netz said:
Dont worry about what cic call centre tells you.. Its jus a wait game... Many may applicants are still waiting so dont worry cic is just clearing their backlog.. You should get your work permit soon in 1st week december..kewp hopes.. Tcre bud
Ya i guess its a waiting game.
I just went through all the previous post on same topic and felt better for not being alone on this boat.
Thanks for info bud.
And congrats for your approval. :)

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Thank you.. And seriously dont loose hope... I am outside canada and been unemployed for like 4 months..im so sure every1 will be approved very soon and cic will work with their mentioned time log.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Alex Z said:
Congrats to you!! I am may 20th and really hope i will get mine soon too.. so hard to wait!
So, I guess you and me are left from 20th May applicant ;D :D

Milanp2512 said:
I just went through all the previous post on same topic and felt better for not being alone on this boat.
FELT BETTER! :p very bad! ;D

Milanp2512

Nov 27, 2015
ayaz94 said:
So, I guess you and me are left from 20th May applicant ;D :D

FELT BETTER! :p very bad! ;D
[/quote

Certainly felt better but its ironic.
hopefully we get removed from this curse soon with flying colours.
Stay put. :) :)