+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Alex Z said:
Agree with that!
I'm living in downtown Toronto and my MP should be Bill Morneau.

I tweeted him, he gave me an email to contact his team but I haven't heard back from them yet.
I have doubt, we contacting the CIC call center agent and Contacting the MP are the same i think cas even the MP contacts CIC call center agent behalf for us tho right??!!

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi guys,

I am sorry it's a bit off the topic. Can someone tell me how long does it take to get your passport back from CIC for your TRV to be stamped. got passport request on 15th oct. Submitted my passport on 18 and reached there on 21st. I haven't hear anything from them yet.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

postgrad

Aug 8, 2015
Hello,

I have a situation here. I contacted the CIC today, I have been told that my application has been flagged for an additional review. I applied on 27th may, paid 255 dollars in full. I had graduated in april and started working as of 1st may.
Is there anyone else who has had the same issue. I am kind of freaking out here, any kind of information will help.
Thanks

kinkiww

Oct 22, 2015
postgrad said:
Hello,

I have a situation here. I contacted the CIC today, I have been told that my application has been flagged for an additional review. I applied on 27th may, paid 255 dollars in full. I had graduated in april and started working as of 1st may.
Is there anyone else who has had the same issue. I am kind of freaking out here, any kind of information will help.
Thanks
My situation is similar with you, my application was May 29th, still waiting.

star1002007

Aug 17, 2015
jay9091 said:
Hi Guys,

I applied on 2nd June and I have not heard anything yet. Earlier I used to get blank updates, but since last 2 months, no blank updates even (just "thank you for your patience email" at the end of the month). With the processing date is on 5th June now, I am worried what is going on. Students who were in my class applied in late June / early July or even in August have got their visas already.

I called CIC Call Center 2 weeks ago and they told me that they have sent an inquiry to the Visa Processing Center to ask what is happening as there are no updates on my application. I had paid $255, so I guess that is not an issue. I was told by the call center agent that since they have sent an inquiry, I might be expecting a call from a Visa Officer or an Update on the application status, but there is NOTHING yet.

Please let me know guys if I can do anything else. Should I call them back ? Does anyone do this? Please guys help.
Hi,
I applied on May15. I called CIC this morning. What the agent said is exactly same with yours.

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC's incompetence is staggering. I applied on May 6th 2015. When May 6th showed up on the processing times page (OVER A MONTH ago), they said they put a note on my application. I called again today and they said the CIC officer responded "File well within processing times. So we are going to ignore this message". Wait what?

So the call centre agent said he had to put another message on my application again today. Are you serious CIC? Jesus.

Anyway,
Applied: May 6th 2015
Blank updates: Jul 25, Jul 31
Paid 100$: Aug 21
Approved: Still waiting........
Mail Delvery: Probably next year at this rate.....

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Applied: May 28th
Blank Update: (once in August)
Current Status: Waiting as of October 29th (day 153)

I have tried to contact an agent using the call center: 888-242-2100. However, all i get is the recorded message, and when I try to press 0 I get: "please select a valid action"
I tried to contact my MP: Dzerowicz, Julie (but her contact info are not online and she doesn't respond on twitter and Facebook)

I got an answer from CIC on twitter (oct 27th):

@CitImmCanada, I applied for the PGWP on May 28th (5 months) and the website says that you are working on the applications from June 5th.
@******* check status in MyCIC; under “view my submitted applications” click “check status and messages”
@******* If your application has exceeded normal processing times, please submit a Case Specific enquiry

Is there anything I could do to talk to a CIC agent?

ccar

Oct 9, 2015
I applied on May 10th. Got request for $100 on Sep 9th. Called CIC agent on Oct 8th and my Local mp on Oct 16th, filled out the consent form and got the response from the MP assistant:

I confirmed with CIC they are working on files from May , which is when you submitted.
They got your request on October 8th, and have sent the file to team support to finalize.

Afterwards....really quiet...I am just running out of idea....seems we cant do anything but just wait.....this is really disappointing...and far beyond that. I am extremely depressing now..

postgrad

Aug 8, 2015
kinkiww said:
My situation is similar with you, my application was May 29th, still waiting.
Did you try to contact them and were old that an additional review is required?
Is there anyone who knows how long is the implied status valid for?

Sarir11

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-03-2016 / Asked for IMM5669 to be filled again
AOR Received.
09-11-2015
Med's Request
31-01-2016 / RPRF: 02-02-2016
Med's Done....
09-02-2016 / Med Received 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It worries me that they are taking 2-week steps for applications submitted in June and no good news for those in May
Just updated the processing time they are tackling June 20th and processing time shrank to 124 days

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have a question:

I submitted my PGWP application on May 15th. I paid the $100 on Oct 114th through CIC Online Payment System and uploaded the PDF receipt to CSE.

Today, finally I receive the $100 Request Letter. It said "Payment Receipt Please provide an IPRMS receipt as proof of payment for the additional $100 open work permit holder fee". Does the "IPRMS receipt" mean my PDF receipt that submitted to CSE?

Thank you!

kinkiww

Oct 22, 2015
postgrad said:
Did you try to contact them and were old that an additional review is required?
Is there anyone who knows how long is the implied status valid for?
I called the agent, and asked her the question. She couldn't give me exact answer, but sent me a letter about the rule. Neither from the rule we are unable to find out how long the implied status can be. I believe the experience in this year is so weird that no one can give us answer.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jace said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a question:

I submitted my PGWP application on May 15th. I paid the $100 on Oct 114th through CIC Online Payment System and uploaded the PDF receipt to CSE.
Today, finally I receive the $100 Request Letter. It said "Payment Receipt Please provide an IPRMS receipt as proof of payment for the additional $100 open work permit holder fee". Does the "IPRMS receipt" mean my PDF receipt that submitted to CSE?

Thank you!
Jace,

Yes. When you paid for the OWP holders fee of $100, you received the Integrated Payment Revenue Management System (IPRMS) receipt in PDF format. Assuming that you filled in your particulars like UCI #, address, etc; you should now upload it in the space they provided you and then submit it. I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Pratavetrik

Oct 29, 2015
Hello, my fellow-sufferers!

I've started to follow this forum not so long ago and would like to share my timeline:

Applied: May 15th, 2015
Blank updates: sometime in late August
Contact with CIC: Oct 23th & Oct 26th (they told me that the note of me not paying additional 100$ was in their system since August, but they simply forgot to ask for it)
Paid 100$: Today, Oct 29th through Online Payment System
Approved: In another life
Mail Delvery: There will be flying cars by then

Thanks.