+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

angelaj

Sep 30, 2015
This is really frustrating.. I don't understand why this delay has to happen. Called CIC today, got the same response (application approved but hasn't printed out to the mail). have to wait until december to send another email to the processing team. When the agent sent the email to the processing team to send out my mail on sep 18th, they replied on sep 19th that they will look over. However, there has been no actions taken since then. This is terrible .. why don't take action right after they see the message? Also, it is not understandable that most of late april and early may applications have not been approved yet when the processing time shows they are working on early june applications. I will go back to my home country no matter what for my brother's wedding, just wish that cbsa officer let me in when i return to canada. Since they can also check my status using UCI, they should let me in.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
hobo420 said:
my status changes to closed today what does it mean
I think that means they are done with your file!! Does it not say approved as well? And no email yet I guess? Closed means they are finished with your process and a final decision has been reached. Should say next to the final decision what it was.

When did you apply if I may ask? I'm looking for hope .

hobo420

Star Member
Oct 17, 2015
oh shot i got approved i handed in at 26th june. there should be nojudge no worry , just peace and love. jah rastafari.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
hobo420 said:
oh shot i got approved i handed in at 26th june. there should be nojudge no worry , just peace and love. jah rastafari.
Congrats, that's amazing! Thank you!! I also applied on June 26th, I hope I hear something in the next couple of days then!! I keep checking my status but nothing changes .

hobo420

Star Member
Oct 17, 2015
mets15 said:
Congrats, that's amazing! Thank you!! I also applied on June 26th, I hope I hear something in the next couple of days then!! I keep checking my status but nothing changes .
they should!!! keep trucking bro. bc bud is high.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mets15 said:
Yes I live here!! Yeah and there is a petition going around to stop this one. Crazyy.
Whoever came up with that idea must have been smoking wild vegetables.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
jubear said:
Whoever came up with that idea must have been smoking wild vegetables.
Hahah yeah, and Calgary is so conservative, I'm not even surprised but I hope it doesn't go through. Go Trudeau!!

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Hi Guys,

I applied on 2nd June and I have not heard anything yet. Earlier I used to get blank updates, but since last 2 months, no blank updates even (just "thank you for your patience email" at the end of the month). With the processing date is on 5th June now, I am worried what is going on. Students who were in my class applied in late June / early July or even in August have got their visas already.

I called CIC Call Center 2 weeks ago and they told me that they have sent an inquiry to the Visa Processing Center to ask what is happening as there are no updates on my application. I had paid $255, so I guess that is not an issue. I was told by the call center agent that since they have sent an inquiry, I might be expecting a call from a Visa Officer or an Update on the application status, but there is NOTHING yet.

Please let me know guys if I can do anything else. Should I call them back ? Does anyone do this? Please guys help.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
jay9091 said:
Hi Guys,

I applied on 2nd June and I have not heard anything yet. Earlier I used to get blank updates, but since last 2 months, no blank updates even (just "thank you for your patience email" at the end of the month). With the processing date is on 5th June now, I am worried what is going on. Students who were in my class applied in late June / early July or even in August have got their visas already.

I called CIC Call Center 2 weeks ago and they told me that they have sent an inquiry to the Visa Processing Center to ask what is happening as there are no updates on my application. I had paid $255, so I guess that is not an issue. I was told by the call center agent that since they have sent an inquiry, I might be expecting a call from a Visa Officer or an Update on the application status, but there is NOTHING yet.

Please let me know guys if I can do anything else. Should I call them back ? Does anyone do this? Please guys help.
Hi jay9091,

Since you last called, they have updated to say they are working on June 5 which means if you call now, they will actually provide you some information by looking you up in their database etc. and don't just call once if you find the agent unhelpful or want to clarify something because every agent can give a different answer so it's best to get the same answer from two. Also the online system doesn't seem to update fast enough or emails don't come fast enough and vice versa (judging from the members' comments here and my own experience with the updates so far). Since your date has passed, definitely call them. I think you should get answer. If it fails, visit your MP.

Good luck!

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
My observations from the recent posts are as follows

1. It seems there is a backlog in-between May and Early June - the period the switch between 155+100 and 255 was made. I cant be certain but it seems so.

2. CIC staff must either have so much on their hands or they don't take their Jobs seriously. Including the call center guys. For crying out loud this is a process that takes less than an hour at the border. Its not like they are doing a background check into the history of your ancestors or something... This whole scenario is beyond me.

3. THE BEST SOLUTION ONCE YOUR PROCESSING TIME IS EXHAUSTED IS TO PHYSICALLY CONTACT YOUR MP!!!!! Calling the CIC doesn't help like Jubear already said. Those guys have probably been instructed to give generic replies in order to buy them time or discourage people from calling ( If not, how in the world can a person tell a fellow human being in a tight situation to wait for 3 months??) A call from someone of higher authority is taken much more serious as no one wants to look negligent of his/her duty. This i why the guys on the MP route have recorded huge success.

4. GO PUBLIC......Demand for better service. These guys are humans like us whose parents probably were beneficiaries of a more streamlined and transparent system. Its not like most of us don't have other options in life asides this. Putting someone's life on hold for over 5 months is the worst possible treatment you could give. From back home my student visa took 5 Months. Half a damn year!!! For no reason. I only got it by having to physically go to the consular office to make an inquiry. They make it seem like this is a ticket to paradise or everlasting life.

I believe the jump in processing time of recent might have been as a result of some of those actions some of us took. If we can collectively send a burst of emails to places with a greater possibility of listening, we may force a reaction from CIC.

Suggestions.

1. Can we focus on discussing ways to contact key people in government to look into this problem. In case you don't know, we are a much smaller and almost negligible demographic ( those who's permits stated they cannot work and are expire so no amendments can be made again) so these guys might have put us at the bottom of the priority ladder.

I suggest we find the contact of the new immigration minister and all send him very personalized complaints. A single call from him to them can change the situation. (this is the same process that took just 3 weeks- 1 month last year)

2. Can those who have contacted their MPs provide contact information (by constituency) here for all. Most of us don't have as much luck reaching or getting replies from them.

Further contribution are most welcome.
Keep the hope guys.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
nuendo said:
2. Can those who have contacted their MPs provide contact information (by constituency) here for all. Most of us don't have as much luck reaching or getting replies from them.
Agree with that!
I'm living in downtown Toronto and my MP should be Bill Morneau.

I tweeted him, he gave me an email to contact his team but I haven't heard back from them yet.