+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Guys, the processing times updated! It went down o 124 days and they say they are working on June 20th as of last week! :/

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello Everyone,

This goes out to those whose $100 receipt has been requested for.

When you pay for the OWP holders fee of $100, you receive what we call the Integrated Payment Revenue Management System (IPRMS) receipt in PDF format. Assuming that you filled in your particulars like UCI #, address, etc; you should now upload it in the space CIC provided you and then submit it. If you don't have space to indicate your personal info, just upload it and submit. Its not really necessary.

Therefore, do not panic just because you've seen the acronym IPRMS. I hope you all get approved soon.

Cheers!

Sarir11

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-03-2016 / Asked for IMM5669 to be filled again
AOR Received.
09-11-2015
Med's Request
31-01-2016 / RPRF: 02-02-2016
Med's Done....
09-02-2016 / Med Received 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
jubear said:

Hello Everyone,

This goes out to those whose $100 receipt has been requested for.

When you pay for the OWP holders fee of $100, you receive what we call the Integrated Payment Revenue Management System (IPRMS) receipt in PDF format. Assuming that you filled in your particulars like UCI #, address, etc; you should now upload it in the space CIC provided you and then submit it.

Therefore, do not panic just because you've seen the acronym IPRMS. I hope you all get approved soon.

U know mine did not have address etc filled
only my name, credit card info and that's it
did I have to fill in the rest of it?! will this cause a headache you guess?

Cheers!

zsquare

Oct 23, 2015
drigow2 said:
Hey guys, my permit just got approved today, I'm so happy and I wish you all good luck, it was a 6 months wait and I'm glad it's done!

Applied: March 1st
Blank Update: July 15th
Request for $100: August 11th (Paid August 11th)
PGWP Approval: October 29th
Mail Delivery: Still waiting
Total Processing Time: 181 days (As of October 29th)
March or May? :eek:

tmish

Oct 22, 2015
Hello guys,

Thanks for all your info. It helped me to contact my mp, which I feel fast tracked my application. Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 25
Blank Update: Got several like 3
Fees: Paid full amount $255
Called MP: October 23 (the secretary responded and called cic immediately)
PGWP Approval: October 27
Total Processing time: 150 days (5.16 months)

I got a 1 year pgwp. My problem now is that I did combined programs- 1 year graduate program in Ontario and another 1 year program in Saskatchewan making it 2 yrs in total. I called cic contact center and they told me it was an error, that the agent probably didn't scroll down my docs to view my second graduation letter. She said she has sent a message to the agent and I should wait for 3 months before calling back if it doesn't get fixed and said she can't give me a timeline.

Please has anyone faced this kind of issue before and how did you resolve it?

zwj1990623

Sep 14, 2015
Applied on May19th, paid $100 on Sep3, since then no news. Couple blank updates,went to see MP today, she contacted CIC, they told us they didn't expect there will be many applicants in May, and they have all the documents, will dealing them on November 21 and should be issued all of them, but if still no news on 21, she told me to contact her again. ( CIC already promised me that I should have my work permit in October, so I don't know if they will keep this promise this time) :-X :-X

drigow2

Oct 3, 2015
drigow2 said:
Hey guys, my permit just got approved today, I'm so happy and I wish you all good luck, it was a 6 months wait and I'm glad it's done!

Applied: March 1st
Blank Update: July 15th
Request for $100: August 11th (Paid August 11th)
PGWP Approval: October 29th
Mail Delivery: Still waiting
Total Processing Time: 181 days (As of October 29th)
Sorry guys I applied May 1st, not March, still a long time waiting though. Good Luck everyone!

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
tmish said:
Hello guys,

Thanks for all your info. It helped me to contact my mp, which I feel fast tracked my application. Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 25
Blank Update: Got several like 3
Fees: Paid full amount $255
Called MP: October 23 (the secretary responded and called cic immediately)
PGWP Approval: October 27
Total Processing time: 150 days (5.16 months)

I got a 1 year pgwp. My problem now is that I did combined programs- 1 year graduate program in Ontario and another 1 year program in Saskatchewan making it 2 yrs in total. I called cic contact center and they told me it was an error, that the agent probably didn't scroll down my docs to view my second graduation letter. She said she has sent a message to the agent and I should wait for 3 months before calling back if it doesn't get fixed and said she can't give me a timeline.

Please has anyone faced this kind of issue before and how did you resolve it?
may i know the mp name??

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
zwj1990623 said:
Applied on May19th, paid $100 on Sep3, since then no news. Couple blank updates,went to see MP today, she contacted CIC, they told us they didn't expect there will be many applicants in May, and they have all the documents, will dealing them on November 21 and should be issued all of them, but if still no news on 21, she told me to contact her again. ( CIC already promised me that I should have my work permit in October, so I don't know if they will keep this promise this time) :-X :-X
did they say all the MAY applicants will be given permit by Nov 21? really ????

can_can

Sep 17, 2015
Hi All,

Nice discussion here overall !

I am all like you who has applied for PGWP on May 6th and checking my luck means I am still in so called "IMPLIED" condition!
My question here is, I am already working full time (40 hours), can I also work additional 10 hours on weekend for a different employer?
Anybody in similar condition please share your experience as well?

Your expert opinions are urgently awaited !

Best Regards,
Can_Can

hhsivy

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Nomination.....
08-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-07-2016
IELTS Request
18-08-2016
Med's Request
13-07-2016
Med's Done....
20-07-2016
Passport Req..
09-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2017
Hi Jubear,

Please update,

hhsviy
Applied: June 19th (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: Oct 4 and Oct 9
PGWP Approval: Oct 26th
Mail Delivery: Oct 29th
Total Processing Time: 132 days (From submission to get mail)

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

icyling

Oct 29, 2015
Hi guys, I have been following this forum for months. Just wanna to share with you guys my processing time.

Applied: May 6th (paid $155)
Blank Update: Once in July
Requested extra $100: Aug 21 (paid on the same day)
Total Processing Time: 177 days (as of Oct 29, still waiting)

Tired of contacting CIC or MP.

Luckily I got a job offer before my study permit expires (Sep 30), but the overall application process is too frustrating. :(

icyling

Oct 29, 2015
can_can said:
Hi All,

Nice discussion here overall !

I am all like you who has applied for PGWP on May 6th and checking my luck means I am still in so called "IMPLIED" condition!
My question here is, I am already working full time (40 hours), can I also work additional 10 hours on weekend for a different employer?
Anybody in similar condition please share your experience as well?

Your expert opinions are urgently awaited !

Best Regards,
Can_Can
Hey I am under exactly the same situation.

From my understanding of "IMPLIED" after reading the regulations, unfortunately you may only be allowed to continue what you are doing right now. :(

juliehe

Oct 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I got pgwp approval on Oct 27th, and here is my updated timeline.

Juliehe
Applied: June 23rd (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: Oct 8th
PGWP Approval: Oct 27th
Mail Delivery: Pending
Total Processing Time: 127 days (From submission to approval)