+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssas said:
Flagpoling really works !!! :D ;D :D ;D

Thanks to everyone on this forum, you guys have been super Helpful and informative. Please keep up the good work.

Special thanks to Evantsp9 and Jubear!

Just sharing my experience so that others can benefit from it.
Ssas,

I'm glad things worked out well for you and your spouse and that the info shared by a lot of members on this forum helped you to prepare for the FP adventure. You seemed well prepared and positive. Good for you. I'm really happy for you guys. I also just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. Current and future members with spouses on this forum will indeed appreciate your input.

Congratulations once again and all the best at your respective workplaces.

Cheers!

la_danza

Jul 2, 2015
swprox said:
Same thing happened with me today, got an email saying application has been updated, weird that there are no changes when I logged in MyCIC.
Yeah, I got that one too (also on Friday) - email and no actual changes.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hey jubear,

Do you think it's okay to apply for TRV (after getting PGWP approval email) without bank statement? I don't want to go back to Canada just for that one thing.

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
ssas said:
Flagpoling really works !!! :D ;D :D ;D

Thanks to everyone on this forum, you guys have been super Helpful and informative. Please keep up the good work.

Special thanks to Evantsp9 and Jubear!

Just sharing my experience so that others can benefit from it.

Background
I have done a 2 year masters and my spouse came along with me to canada. I was on a study permit and she got an open work permit. I applied for my PGWP and my Spouse OWP on May 18 and after waiting for more than 2 months and following advice on this forum primarily Jubear and Evantsp9 I went for flagpoling with my wife.

Flagpoling Experience
I took the greyhound bus from Montreal going to Boston at 8:15 a.m. in the morning. I took the ticket only till US costums (Border). I was processed as any other bus passenger at US border and then when I explained that I am here to go back to Canadian border for updating my work status. He asked me if you have been to US earlier I said yes and the officer gave me a 1 page letter saying that we have withdrawn our application to enter US and would be going back to the Canadian border on foot and he came along with us to show us the way and we went back to the Canadian border.

At the first check-point, the officer asked me why did you come to the border for application. I told him my wife's new employer wanted it urgently. Nothing else was asked and he guided us to go inside the office. A nice officer greeted us and asked our purpose of coming in and I told him that I wanted to apply for my PGWP and based on that my wife wanted to apply for her spousal OWP. He asked for documents - I said what exactly do you want? He responded by saying what do you have ?. Then I gave him only the required ones like my passport (which has my study permit), Degree, my transcript, my offer letter and my last two salary slips. For my wife I gave her passport (which has her work permit) and marriage certificate. That's it and he asked for any change in the address. We said Yes and gave our updated address. That's it he patiently kept working on the system and we waited in the lounge. He called us to check our work permits word by word and once checked he asked us to pay at the counter and once we paid we were done.

We took our work permits for three year stapled to our passport and left. Everything together took like 45 mins.

We had tickets to go back from the border to Montreal at 1:30 pm but bus never showed up and the first greyhound bus came at 5:15 pm. That was the only unpleasant experience but nothing as compared to the peace of mind we got by obtaining our 3 year work permits in a hassle free way.

Once again thanks to everyone on this forum to ask quality questions and those who patiently give quality answers.

You guys rock!!
Those are great news for you and your wife, I understand your feelings!!

Congrats! I am happy that my experience and input was helpful!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Hey jubear,

Do you think it's okay to apply for TRV (after getting PGWP approval email) without bank statement? I don't want to go back to Canada just for that one thing.
Nevillek,

According to the info you gave on your timeline, it says you applied on May 2, 2015. Did you get a PGWP after a FP or through online application?

See the updated info under member timelines on page 32 about new TRV applications within Canada.
You will need your PGWP copy. You either make the trip or apply for a new TRV when you return to Canada. The other small detail you are forgetting is that you have to provide a Canadian mailing address. This will ensure that your passport is returned to you once the new TRV counterfoil is laminated into your passport. Remember that this is for inland applicants and just like outland applicants, CIC will ask you to provide your physical passport at some point. For now you need your passport while in the US and you will need it and the PGWP while in Canada.

All I can say is that you concentrate on enjoying your holiday in the US and return when you are ready. Once you return, then you can apply for a new TRV.

Cheers!

ssas

Jul 13, 2015
Thanks Jubear and Evantsp9!

Wish you guys the best for the future.

Wishing for everyone to achieve what they aim for (A PGWP and much more)

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Hello Folks,
Count me in this rat race too. Here's my update.

Applied: May 15th ($155 paid)
Blank Update: May 17th (day 3)
No Update email: June 14 (day 31), July 14 (day 61)
Current Status: Waiting as of July 27th (day 74), no $100 email request
Permit Expires: July 31st, 2015

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
needPermit said:
Hello Folks,
Count me in this rat race too. Here's my update.

Applied: May 15th ($155 paid)
Blank Update: May 17th (day 3)
No Update email: June 14 (day 31), July 14 (day 61)
Current Status: Waiting as of July 27th (day 74), no $100 email request
NeedPermit,

Welcome to the forum. You will be added to the timelines soon.

Cheers!

OlegMemukhin

Jul 27, 2015
Hello!

I need some advice. I finished continuously two one year programs, so I should be eligible for a 3 years work permit. What document do you think is better to submit? Transcript or 2 graduation letters? Transcript will show 5 semesters of study in total. Letters will only say that it was 2 one year programs. Or better to submit both merged in one pdf?

jlsm

May 4, 2015
Hi guys,

I'd like to join the wait here...

Applied: May 7th ($155 paid)
Blank Update: July 23rd
Current Status: Waiting as of July 27th (day 81), paid $100 on June 29th

The processing times drive me crazy. Everyday i anxiously updating my email hoping for update from cic... *fingers crossed*

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jubear said:
Alexliu,

Try a different border. Using this link to count your days:, lets assume the confirmation letter form your college/university is dated May 1, 2015. If you go to the border tomorrow (May 22, 2015), your day count will still be 83 days (<90). Therefore, you are still eligible to apply for a WP at the border.

A word of caution, don't say what you haven't been asked. Only give answers to questions asked.

Good luck.

Cheers!
Hi,

Is that legal to try again.
Because it says one international can apply work permit for only once. I may go tomorrow with my rejections history... Not sure it's good idea or not Or I should wait for the online application quietly.. super upset.

ronnie1100

Jul 22, 2015
Hi guys,

Add me as well to the timeline.

Applied: 12 april
Blank Update 1: 12 may (30 days)
Blank Update 2: 11 june ( 60 days)
Blank Update 3: 11 july ( 90 days)
$100 request: 16 july (paid the same day, 95 days)
Approval: 27 july (106 days)
Mail Delivery: Still waiting.

Hang in there guys, they are processing it.
Hope you all get it soon.

mohsin9055

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum

I have applied for PGWP on May 15th 2015. Still there is no update in my application.

155$ dollars paid
Study permit expires on 31 st July 2015.
NO request for $100 dollars new fee

As there is no work done on my application till now.

Is there any way to withdraw from the PGWP application and apply for new study permit?

Now my plans have changed to go back to School and Do a Bachelors Degree?

Help needed?