+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Rajg

Jul 22, 2015
Hey everyone!

This week I received my letter from the university stating that I am eligible to graduate and am just about to apply for my PGWP(SP expires at end of July). My current employer has no qualms with me continuing with them after graduation(same field as my education). I just have a few questions and worries, I would be grateful if someone can help me out:
  • What is a "Schedule 1 document" there is a place to upload this document I just don't understand what this document is
  • Do I have to provide some kind of offer of employment when applying for a PGWP? If so where do I upload that as there is no place to upload that(it asks in IMM5710E form where I will be working)
  • I am also worried that what happens in case I provide an offer of employment, and they give me one of those bound to the employer work permit
  • Can I continue working under implied status while the application is being processed

Thanks in advance!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajg said:
Hey everyone!

This week I received my letter from the university stating that I am eligible to graduate and am just about to apply for my PGWP(SP expires at end of July). My current employer has no qualms with me continuing with them after graduation(same field as my education). I just have a few questions and worries, I would be grateful if someone can help me out:
  • What is a "Schedule 1 document" there is a place to upload this document I just don't understand what this document is
  • Do I have to provide some kind of offer of employment when applying for a PGWP? If so where do I upload that as there is no place to upload that(it asks in IMM5710E form where I will be working)
  • I am also worried that what happens in case I provide an offer of employment, and they give me one of those bound to the employer work permit
  • Can I continue working under implied status while the application is being processed

Thanks in advance!
Rajg,

Since you don't have enough time, I will help where I can.

i). Schedule 1 is an application for temporary resident visa (TRV). You DON'T need that now. Therefore, ignore it. However, if you plan to travel at some point in future, apply for a TRV once you get a PGWP.

ii). The PGWP program doesn't require international students who have graduated to have a job offer. It isn't a requirement. Therefore, don't provide an offer letter. The documents you need are;
a) Confirmation letter of graduation from your college or university after fulfilling your program requirements OR an official transcript. Not both.
b) Passport copy with a page showing your personal info (such as name, passport number, etc)
c) photograpgh
d) IMM5710E form

iii). IMM5710E
Go number 3 on the first page and choose: "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer"

Details of intended work in Canada
Choose: PGWP and
Type: N/A or Not Applicable under number 2

IV) Once you receive a confirmation letter from your college or university, your 90 days of implied status start counting down. Secondly, you can continue working under implied status after you've applied for your PGWP as you wait for CIC to make a decision on your application. However, if you travel outside Canada or US and its territories after submitting your application, you will forfeit your eligibility to work under implied status. So, the best advise is to stay put and keep working.

Good luck.

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi jubear,

Do you know what documents are required to apply for TRV? Is it done online just like PGWP? Also, how long does it take to receive the passport back with the visa stamping?

Any idea how long it's taking to get the TRV approved? Average on website is 16 days but what are personal experiences?

Thanks!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Hi jubear,

Do you know what documents are required to apply for TRV? Is it done online just like PGWP? Also, how long does it take to receive the passport back with the visa stamping?

Any idea how long it's taking to get the TRV approved? Average on website is 16 days but what are personal experiences?
Thanks!
Nevillek,

First, as always you have to answer the questionnaire. Your current status in Canada as a PGWP holder is now WORKER. You will do an online application as usual. There are only 3 required documents for an online application for a TRV. These include;
1. Passport copy
2. Proof of funds (e.g. pay slips or bank statement for the past 4 months). You can download your e-statements (in PDF) from your bank account.
3. Usual face Photograph (e.g you can use the one you provided for your online application for a PGWP)

My friend's TRV was approved within 7 days, max. Mailing of his passport and receiving it back with a counterfoil was around 7 days. So in total one can easily get their TRV within 15 days. Its pretty quick if you are a PGWP holder. Actually, the average on the CIC site for online applications is 11 days.

Good luck.

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Thanks a lot, jubear.

11 days is great! If I'm not troubling you too much, just a couple of more doubts in my mind friend....

- Are there any fees to be paid? Any hidden issues like that $100 fee people didn't know about in PGWP applications?

- Why do they need bank statement? They didn't need it for PGWP. I have hardly done any transactions because of being outside Canada in the past 2-3 months so my bank statement would be pretty empty, do you think that would be fine?

- Can I apply for TRV online using the details in the PGWP approval email alone before I get the physical PGWP in mail? Not only would that save on time but I wouldn't need to go to my apartment to collect the document and be able to submit an online TRV application from the US itself (yes, I'm still holidaying in US). That way I can stay longer in US.

TYSM :)

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi Jubear

I am planning to go for Flagpoling. Is it necessary to have IMM5710E when I go there ? Please reply. Thanks.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thineshbio said:
Hi Jubear

I am planning to go for Flagpoling. Is it necessary to have IMM5710E when I go there ? Please reply. Thanks.
Thineshbio,

You don't need the IMM5710E form to apply for a WP at the border. Take it as a precaution, just in case. Only present the documents they've asked for.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Thanks a lot, jubear.

11 days is great! If I'm not troubling you too much, just a couple of more doubts in my mind friend....

- Are there any fees to be paid? Any hidden issues like that $100 fee people didn't know about in PGWP applications?
- Why do they need bank statement? They didn't need it for PGWP. I have hardly done any transactions because of being outside Canada in the past 2-3 months so my bank statement would be pretty empty, do you think that would be fine?
- Can I apply for TRV online using the details in the PGWP approval email alone before I get the physical PGWP in mail? Not only would that save on time but I wouldn't need to go to my apartment to collect the document and be able to submit an online TRV application from the US itself (yes, I'm still holidaying in US). That way I can stay longer in US.

TYSM :)
Nevillek,

1. Yes, $100 for a TRV. You will see the fees at the bottom of your online application page.
2. Proof of funds is a formality for TRVs. You can provide your bank statement for the past 6 months or you if possible you can wait and work for 4 months and then present that.
3. Yes, you can use those details. The most important detail is the document number of the most recent document from CIC (in your case, the PGWP). Therefore, check the approval email especially page 1 of the attached PDF. You will see the document number at the bottom that begins with U. In case you need it.

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
jubear said:
3. Yes, you can use those details. The most important detail is the document number of the most recent document from CIC (in your case, the PGWP). Therefore, check the approval email especially page 1 of the attached PDF. You will see the document number at the bottom that begins with U. In case you need it.
Oh great, hope there's no problem applying online from outside Canada (US).

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
I really like this forum. Thanks for the posts here, I luckily got my pgwp earlier than expected. Yes, I did the flagpoling. although there was some mistakes, but i got it fixed.

So today i phoned cic to cancel my online application. I curiously asked them if CBSA can issue pgwp.

At first ,CIC said no, they said it is becuause CBSA don't have the responsibility to do this for applicant. And then they said it is not recommended.

I knew flagpoling does have some risks.but I am just curious about that. I mean is there any law or regulation that could support the point that CBSA has the responsibility to issue pgwp to applicants?

And why cic dont recommend this way, does that mean if we got pgwp from CBSA not from CIC ,it will have some negatively impact on our future PR applicaiton?

I know some people here are very knowledgeable, like jubear. I feel like you really committed to this forum. can you help me to figure this out?

sany2317

Jul 7, 2015
alexliu said:
HELP!!!!

I got rejection from flagpole... due to passed 90 day after graduation. Will that affect my previous submitted online application?

I went there last weekend with my school letter. It has one date on the letter which show the date of letter (May xx). Another date named graduation date : April 17.(> 90days)
April 17th is my final exam week so I didn't officially graduated until May xx (< 90days) which exactly the same date I got this letter because usually it takes time to process the exams.

So when I went to border that officer said according to your school letter 'graduation date', it passed 90 days. So what I can do is give you an rejection note (record) because that is what I supposed to do. I argued for 5,6 mins but in vain and maybe made that guy mad because he thought I was wasting his time.

My question is : I applied online at May12 for my WP but due to my coming expired SIN and SP I have to goto the border because I can't wait. Will this rejection record affect my online application ? I'm worrying about that. One more thing is that guy said I didn't get any of your online WP application information from the system at all and he knows nothing about it.
Hi Alex,

I had the same question with you so I went to CIC page, I found this:
"You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program." So technically you did not receive your final confirmation from your school after May, as a result I think you should try again. I am going to try as well ! finger crossed for both of us!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skydiving said:
I really like this forum. Thanks for the posts here, I luckily got my pgwp earlier than expected. Yes, I did the flagpoling. although there was some mistakes, but i got it fixed.

So today i phoned cic to cancel my online application. I curiously asked them if CBSA can issue pgwp.
At first ,CIC said no, they said it is becuause CBSA don't have the responsibility to do this for applicant. And then they said it is not recommended.
I knew flagpoling does have some risks.but I am just curious about that. I mean is there any law or regulation that could support the point that CBSA has the responsibility to issue pgwp to applicants?
And why cic dont recommend this way, does that mean if we got pgwp from CBSA not from CIC ,it will have some negatively impact on our future PR applicaiton?
I know some people here are very knowledgeable, like jubear. I feel like you really committed to this forum. can you help me to figure this out?
Skydiving,

By virtue of R197 and R198, work permits under the PGWP program may also be issued at POE or by visa offices overseas. For administrative purposes, it is more facilitative to refer clients to apply online or on paper to the CPC-V. See link: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-86.html#docCont

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi jubear,

I just received an email saying "Your application has been updated". This is different from the previous "no updates" emails they've been sending. Any idea what this means? I logged in to MyCIC but nothing looks different in there.

pama

May 10, 2015
Hai friends by God grace i got my PGWP approved.i got update this evening. i paid my additional 100 dollars 2 days back.dont know how many years. waiting for that message.. :)..