+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

manaspaliwal

Jul 27, 2015
jubear said:
Check the link that I added.
Thanks Jubear I read your friends case and it is very similar to what happened to me. After the refusal when I called CIC the agent explicitly mentioned that I was couple of hours late in attaching the 100 dollar receipt. Moreover, she advised me to apply for restoration. She also accepted that I was rejected on 15th May 2015 but they were late in replying me. I got the refusal on 27th May ( one day after my expiry). Along with my restoration application I also submitted a CSE highlighting my entire story. In the letter however, I mentioned that it was my mistake and negligence of not attaching the receipt on time. Anyways, I have not heard anything from them.

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Just want to share something with you guys, as new immigrant here, I don't really know MP, member of parliament, until my own case had been delayed again and again. Most people probably here and there probably sick of been hear me complaining about my case. I was so desperate at that time. I Lost my job due to the slow processing time. Thanks for every body here supporting me. On July 17, my manager ask me to try to contact our local MP, it was my last hope. I applied my wp on March 19, after that all I receive is monthly no update update. June 16, cic posted they had been done with the case submitted on March 20, which means my case was over due. I contact the call centre and they sent an email to processing centre. However, nothing good happens. I called them again and again, finally I figure out the call centre will only send notification emails for you every 3 months, what's more, there is no over due and deadline for them. I almost packed up everything to return my home country. The MP is my neighbourhood was a very kindly lady, she told me she will take care of my case, and she promise me it will not take really long. And it really works. The MPs are really helpful when you have any trouble. They really do represent us and they have access to all the public services. I am here to share my story just want to help people desperate as me. Cheers guys!

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sany2317 said:
Hi Alex,

I had the same question with you so I went to CIC page, I found this:
"You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program." So technically you did not receive your final confirmation from your school after May, as a result I think you should try again. I am going to try as well ! finger crossed for both of us!
I went to another border and finally got it for 3 years this morning.

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jubear said:
Mohsin9055,

Use the Case Specific Enquiry online form to withdraw your application here:

Under Enquiry: type of application, select "withdraw of online application."

Apply to extend your SP as quickly as possible before July 31, 2015. In this extension of SP application, make sure you include a written letter/document from your university that shows you are still a student or that you are going to start school in September. In other words an acceptance letter into a Bachelors degree program from the Registrar's office. You cannot hold both a PGWP and SP at the same time.

Good luck.

Cheers!

Hi

What I should upload in this case special query to withdraw my application ?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexliu said:
Hi

What I should upload in this case special query to withdraw my application ?
Alexliu,

You don't upload anything. But rather, you use the message box (max 1500 characters) to write a message to the VO. Mention that you would like to get a refund. Keep it simple and don't delve into irrelevant info. Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukiyuki111 said:
Just want to share something with you guys, as new immigrant here, I don't really know MP, member of parliament, until my own case had been delayed again and again. Most people probably here and there probably sick of been hear me complaining about my case. I was so desperate at that time. I Lost my job due to the slow processing time. Thanks for every body here supporting me. On July 17, my manager ask me to try to contact our local MP, it was my last hope. I applied my wp on March 19, after that all I receive is monthly no update update. June 16, cic posted they had been done with the case submitted on March 20, which means my case was over due. I contact the call centre and they sent an email to processing centre. However, nothing good happens. I called them again and again, finally I figure out the call centre will only send notification emails for you every 3 months, what's more, there is no over due and deadline for them. I almost packed up everything to return my home country. The MP is my neighbourhood was a very kindly lady, she told me she will take care of my case, and she promise me it will not take really long. And it really works. The MPs are really helpful when you have any trouble. They really do represent us and they have access to all the public services. I am here to share my story just want to help people desperate as me. Cheers guys!
Yukiyuki111,

That was nice of you. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Cheers!

jayrod

Jul 24, 2015
Hey guys, here is my information:

Applied: May 25th (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: Monthly
Current Status: Waiting as of July 28th (day 65)

Good luck to everybody that's waiting! Hopefully we get our permits soon!

JayRod

Slim2ba

Jul 28, 2015
yukiyuki111 said:

Hi yukiyuki111,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with everyone. I believe we were both in the same boat as we both applied around the same time. I applied for my PGWP on the 21st of March and till date its yet to be approved with my work permit expiring on the 31st of this month. I've been a fly on the wall on this forum for a while reading everybody's comments. Flag-poling wasn't an option for me as its been over 90 days since I got a letter of completion from my school so as a routine I would come on this forum everyday hoping someone in the same situation would suggest how they went about theirs and as God would have it, you found a way to resolve the situation and decided to share with everyone. So based on your experience, I also decided to walk into my MP's office today and ask for help regarding my PGWP. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see him but I met with his assistants who were equally of great help and promised to help place a call to cic on my behalf. For now, all I can do is hope for a favorable outcome from the call.
Once again, Yukiyuki111 thanks for sharing your experience. If this works out for me as well, then I owe you a box of Tim Hortons TimBits and coffee!

manav.diwan

Jun 30, 2015
hi
i wanted to know how long does it usually take for the passport to reach the CPP-Ottawa office and come back(I sent it from Toronto)? Like i just wanted to know a ballpark number about the average number of days it takes to complete this particular process?
Thanks

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Yay, because we are new to this country, there are a lot of things we don't really know. Hope everyone will have a happy ending! I think you can also sent emails or make phone calls to MP. And remember to leave him/her your UCI and date of birth. According to my Mp, they also deal with tax related thing, etc.

jlsm

May 4, 2015
yukiyuki111 said:
Yay, because we are new to this country, there are a lot of things we don't really know. Hope everyone will have a happy ending! I think you can also sent emails or make phone calls to MP. And remember to leave him/her your UCI and date of birth. According to my Mp, they also deal with tax related thing, etc.
Hi yukiykui111,
What's MP? Sorry i kinda new to this and also waiting for my PGWP as my current permit expires at the in of this month..

Thanks

hurlyhunk

Jul 12, 2013
Did any one of you apply just after 90 days of your graduation ? or even heard of anybody doing that?
A friend of mine applied on 101th day and we are very anxious !!

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hurlyhunk said:
Did any one of you apply just after 90 days of your graduation ? or even heard of anybody doing that?
A friend of mine applied on 101th day and we are very anxious !!
I guess will be rejected with really high possibility. Not scaring you but that's the truth.
Bless.