+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
The most hurtful part of this process is they dont even deal with the open work permit in a timely manner either. So you run yourself into all sorts of problems. What they should give you is an indefinite visa until this whole nightmere get sorted out
Yes exactly. My fiancées work permit is valid until next Jan, but she has to keep working for the family and looking after their kids. What if they don't want her anymore as an employee, then what. Then she cant work or she will have to go on unemployment or something. We are waiting for that permit so that she can get another job, but right now she is either stuck with that family or she will be jobless, which is a real possibility.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Terrible my dear. I had to change employers and when i changed to the 2nd employer instead of giving me the maximum time which Dec 2017 ( for 4years). They cut it short for July 8th now it makes no sense to extend under the employer. So now I have implied status and stuck waiting on OWP and no health insurance!!! Furthermore applying for same employer would not come through either before OWP because i did my PR in April

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
WE GOT A EMAIL!!! Finally! It's a email saying that they received the application on May 24th. Are we going to get another email about them processing it or is that the only email?

I just checked on ECAS and they said the PR process started yesterday. WE ARE SO HAPPY!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lisaar

Lisaar

Apr 18, 2017
Terrible my dear. I had to change employers and when i changed to the 2nd employer instead of giving me the maximum time which Dec 2017 ( for 4years). They cut it short for July 8th now it makes no sense to extend under the employer. So now I have implied status and stuck waiting on OWP and no health insurance!!! Furthermore applying for same employer would not come through either before OWP because i did my PR in April
Oh Lanina I know how you feel. I lost my job twice, I've been in this program 3 years and a half now and the same as you and all you guys I want this over.
Let's keep praying and we will have news soon.

Lisaar

Apr 18, 2017
WE GOT A EMAIL!!! Finally! It's a email saying that they received the application on May 24th. Are we going to get another email about them processing it or is that the only email?

I just checked on ECAS and they said the PR process started yesterday. WE ARE SO HAPPY!
OMG!! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to get my email too. I am excited now because I sent my application few days after your fiancee did!
Congrats!! Finally it is in process!!

Reactions: joeythecat

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017

Better Days Joey!!!! Better Days are ahead. One day one day this has to come to an end. God is not sleeping

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
OMG!! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to get my email too. I am excited now because I sent my application few days after your fiancee did!
Congrats!! Finally it is in process!!
Your are next in line!!! Let us keep praying for those back up in this system from 2010 or further back.

Lord Please help those who have no advocate. Weeping may endure for a night but JOY will come in the morning!!!

Reactions: joeythecat

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
Hi everyone, I have applied for PR under the LCP old pathway on June 15th. Canada post shows they received the package on June 19th. I am patiently waiting for a positive reply from CIC. At this point I just want my OWP so I can have options right now I am under implied status with my current and only employers under the program. I desperately want to leave my present job but I feel so stuck especially since I have no health insurance and no way to legally work for anyone else until I receive my OWP.

I am originally from Trinidad and Tobago and would really like to go home for a vacation to see my family but I have no choice but to wait until my OWP arrives so I can get a new travel visa
Seeing everyone's posts makes me hopeful that one day my turn will be here

Last edited:

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi everyone, I have applied for PR under the LCP old pathway on June 15th. Canada post shows they received the package on June 19th. I am patiently waiting for a positive reply from CIC. At this point I just want my OWP so I can have options right now I am under implied status with my current and only employers under the program. I desperately want to leave my present job but I feel so stuck especially since I have no health insurance and no way to legally work for anyone else until I receive my OWP.

I am originally from Trinidad and Tobago and would really like to go home for a vacation to see my family but I have no choice but to wait until my OWP arrives so I can get a new travel visa
Seeing everyone's posts makes me hopeful that one day my turn will be here
Brace yourself. The waiting is a real killer so start finding ways to destress!!! I have been waiting 16weeks for OWP which is the max processing time.

Em11

Jan 28, 2016
Brace yourself. The waiting is a real killer so start finding ways to destress!!! I have been waiting 16weeks for OWP which is the max processing time.
I too am waiting for OWP. Its 15 weeks for me. hopefully it will come soon.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
The immigration policy states that under LPC work permit should be issued. Not dependent on the eligibilty letter.

Therefore as long as the application for PR is complete the work permit should be processed.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
we are in our 9th week of waiting then. Is there anyway to check the OWP status? The only way I have found to check status is the ECAS, which only shows the PR application. Still on her CIC account when I try to tie the paper application to the file it says no application found for either OWP or PR