+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Okay i see.

Time spent as a worker can be claimed up to a maximum one year.

Each day counts as half day so live in caregivers two years as a worker would = to the one year maximum.

If it were longer we all would be citizens because i can studied for one year, post grad work permit one year as live in caregiver, then i came back under the LCP 2 years comeplete a year and a half, then changed employers....

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
ugh, still waiting for them to open my fiancées PR and OP application, its been almost 6 weeks. should we call the cic? we are getting worried.

thereal26

May 11, 2017
ugh, still waiting for them to open my fiancées PR and OP application, its been almost 6 weeks. should we call the cic? we are getting worried.
You can try, but they will probably entertain calls on Tuesday as there will be a long weekend for government employees, but I saw an advice from another forum that calling the CIC multiple times may result in delay of you application although CIC do not say this on the website. If this is your first time to call them its probably okay. If ever you call them update us here on what is going on in their office. Thanks.

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Hi Lanina,

I just saw that advice in another forum so I do not know if that really applies when an applicant asks for status.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I guess they are human and do it to spite you but they should go home look at their families and just imagine for a minute what people are going through.

Imagine that there fore parents were immigrants. So what if you get anxious about an application? Hey they see this all the time! They should just smile at it all?

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Hi guys, I called IRCC today, the call centre agent told me they haven't processed any PR applications submitted on May 2017, is there anyone here who submitted last May 2017 and got their application processed already? Just want to know if they may be doing processing on case to case basis or the information I got was general, I know that I already called IRCC its just that sometimes they don't explain it in detail. Thanks!

wangmin

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any body who apply from last year 2016 still waiting ?

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
If they can process the new pathway in the month i find it hard to see why not the LCP?

If all the people who are under LPC use the new pathway some of the new people will not get PR since the new pathway is capped.

I see problems in the future with this new program....i really do

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I would like to see changes for caregivers coming into work under this program.

Whats on my heart tonight before i go to sleep is praying to God to move upon the hearts of leaders to bring changes that:-

Maintain family Structure.
That caregivers from the onset can bring there families here when they apply for innitial work permit from overseas. There is no humane rational to separate families to begin with!!! We come and work for building foundations of Canada taking care of the nations children and Elderly. Yet we lose our foundations our children and husbands or wives.

Then we are here having a heart attack over the time it takes to process Pr. Do you know there are people from 2007 that have not recieved PR yet? Come on now? I love you CIC but hey there are humans on the otherside of this business.

So i am calling on the Lord above to start moving things for those who have no advocate. We are the voice of change and we all cant be afraid to speak. And when ever does fear get anything moving. We speak our experiences respectfully and hopefully we can come to a rational and fair position..........

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys, I called IRCC today, the call centre agent told me they haven't processed any PR applications submitted on May 2017, is there anyone here who submitted last May 2017 and got their application processed already? Just want to know if they may be doing processing on case to case basis or the information I got was general, I know that I already called IRCC its just that sometimes they don't explain it in detail. Thanks!
My fiancée applied through the old pathway, they received it on May 24th. She called yesterday and they put her on hold for over 15 minutes, they came back and said that they are still processing the second week of april. So we are thinking that it might be at least another few weeks before they even open her file. The waiting is killing us, but at least now we know that nothing is wrong and everyone is waiting.