+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latent TB??????

C

Classic Chucks

Follow the instructions from CIC. From the PPR:

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform (your visa office) immediately at the email address above:
  • Change in health

There's no ambiguity or confusion - you must inform CIC.
Exactly.

angheldavid

Aug 20, 2017
Thank you very much for all your help. I stand corrected, she is wAiting for passport request, hence, this happened. I just hope it would not affect or make our wait longer or worst, be denied. Life! Thank you

C

Classic Chucks

Thank you very much for all your help. I stand corrected, she is wAiting for passport request, hence, this happened. I just hope it would not affect or make our wait longer or worst, be denied. Life! Thank you
When did he have the medical and when was he diagnosed? Who did the diagnosis?

Provide more info because your posts are confusing.

Nov 16, 2017
Hi Please share your experience. In same situation as you. Already got ppr and passport. Now found latent tb. Please guide what you did. Doctor told us to not worry and report to a doctor once reached Canada with reports and tests. Thanks

kapsg_88

Mar 22, 2018
Hi Please share your experience. In same situation as you. Already got ppr and passport. Now found latent tb. Please guide what you did. Doctor told us to not worry and report to a doctor once reached Canada with reports and tests. Thanks
Hi, Even I'm in the same situation and I'm in the process of applying for PR ( medical test not given yet). I had TB when I was 18 yrs old and it got cured, but x ray shows healed signs of TB which means inactive TB. Given below is the info i could gather from the net. You can pm me or mail me on kapsg_88@yahoo.com and we can discuss.
I guess inactive TB people are given visa but they are required to be under medical surveillance as per the policy.

" Medical Surveillance Handout: Inactive Tuberculosis or other Complex Non-Infectious Tuberculosis Your immigration medical exam for entry to Canada shows that you have inactive tuberculosis (TB) or a form of complex non-infectious tuberculosis.
This means that you either
 received treatment for TB in the past or
 have been exposed to TB bacteria and your body’s defences have contained the infection.

To prevent inactive TB from becoming active, early follow-up and ongoing monitoring of your condition is important. Active TB can easily be spread to other people through coughing or sneezing. For your own health, and to protect the health of your family and the public, you must contact a public health authority in the province or territory where you live.

You will find the telephone number you need in the chart below. You must contact the public health authority within the time shown in the checked box:  thirty (30) days of entering Canada.

 seven (7) days of entering Canada. (Time depends on the type of TB you have.) "

Reactions: Subhaparadox

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I have a questin, what if I could not produce sputum sample for sputum-culture test during Medical examination, is there any other methods to collect that sputum sample from me?

Shivamsyal

Apr 24, 2018
I have applied for student visa may intake 2018. File is being processed. I also passed the medical.
Now the problem is that from past 2 weeks, there is a swelling on my lower back and when i go for checkup it comes out that it is inactive tb/latent tb/extra pulmonary tb. The chest X ray will always come normal in this case because it is not active tb. It can’t be spread from me to others as well.
So please guide me what to do now?
Should i defere my admission and go for a treatment in india?
Should i get the treatment in canada?

Abhishek2222

Apr 27, 2018
I have also a similar situation at hand.

I have got admission in a University in Canada to pursue PhD for which I have to join the University in the last week of August 2018.

On 18th April 2018, I am diagnosed with Lymph Node TB on the right side of my neck.

I have started the medication on 19th April as suggested by my Physician who has prescribed a 9-month course for the same.
My lungs or any other body part did not get affected at all. The TB is localized to Right Supraclavicular only. My chest X-rays are clear. My blood tests are normal. I have been informed that it's a non-communicable form of TB that is non-harmful to people around me. No coughing etc. I would also like to mention here that no person in my family has a medical history of having affected by TB.

I have been planning to apply for the Student Visa in the first week of May 2018 but due to the circumstances at hand, I have dropped the idea of applying for the visa at present.

I am not sure to what extent this health situation of mine will affect my Student Visa application. Please let me know to what extent this Right Supraclavicular Lymph Node TB will affect my Medical Examination for the purpose of Student Visa.
I request someone you to guide me through this.

Apr 14, 2018
Hi my friends
I am a nurse from India a T B victim 9 years back, took 6 months medication.but still scar present in my chest x-ray but inactive TB .can I apply for Canada migration? Because am afraid of rejection of application.please help me.

99kabir

Jun 1, 2018
Hi my friends
I am a nurse from India a T B victim 9 years back, took 6 months medication.but still scar present in my chest x-ray but inactive TB .can I apply for Canada migration? Because am afraid of rejection of application.please help me.
Hi my friends
look,thomasalex,if u will apply for canada migration and after the review of ur medical test reports by canada embassy, they will let you know through email for further medical test only if they will found something in ur xray. if u will be having inactive tb, then they maybe grant u the visa but if u will found with active tb, then they will not refuse ur application but put ur application in process and u will have to undergo 6months period for treatment.

alliyahnica

Oct 7, 2018
Hi, I currently working in Singapore as domestic helper highlight looking after an old lady. I have a scar on my lungs due to tb trearment 14 years ago. Here in Singapore my medical is ok .I am planning to move to Canada to work as caregiver. Would they allow me or I can get a job there? Im worried.. thank you

Anavarro

Nov 16, 2018
I have a bronchaectasis and my xray result is always shows phneumonia. Is it ok if I will get all necessary lab test like afb smear sputum culture and letter from my pulmonologist before my scheduled medical exam since sputum culture take 45 days at least this will prevent delay from my application. Not sure if they allow this in the embassy

Anu792

Jul 31, 2019
Hello.. I already did my medical. I had a tb but it was cured. Doctor submitted my report there was nothing in it. But now they are requesting for further medical. Why they are requesting for further medical?

Nasimul Gani

Nov 30, 2018
Hello.. I already did my medical. I had a tb but it was cured. Doctor submitted my report there was nothing in it. But now they are requesting for further medical. Why they are requesting for further medical?
Did you said to doctor about past TB? Have u got your PR?