Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
They should not refuse a PR application for a spouse/partner/dependent child because of TB. They may want the case to be followed up by a doctor once the person is in Canada. But since the doctor states the person doesn't have TB, there is no reason to refuse the application because of this.

Jalap

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 November, 2003
Doc's Request.
May 20, 2008
AOR Received.
November 25. 2003
Med's Request
Re-medical: 2 February, 2011
Med's Done....
15 March, 2011
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
6 May, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
28 September, 2011
LANDED..........
Waiting
Well, we had sent Sputum Culture (6 weeks) and chest x-ray of my wife in January. After a long wait of six months, we got another medical furtherance letter from CHC ND in July. Is this a good news or a bad one? The DMP will send the sputum culture report along with the chest x-ray in the first week of September. My wife has never been treated for TB. However, the scar in the x-ray suggests that it is a self healed TB. We are really worried.

We would really appreciate some inputs.

Thank you,
Jalap

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
Jalap said:
Well, we had sent Sputum Culture (6 weeks) and chest x-ray of my wife in January. After a long wait of six months, we got another medical furtherance letter from CHC ND in July. Is this a good news or a bad one? The DMP will send the sputum culture report along with the chest x-ray in the first week of September. My wife has never been treated for TB. However, the scar in the x-ray suggests that it is a self healed TB. We are really worried.

We would really appreciate some inputs.

Thank you,
Jalap
Hello

What was the outcome of your case? How long did you wait for your wife to get her PR? Did she eventually get her PR?

vimal_kumar

May 17, 2014
Hi Friends,

I am October applicant and did my medical 2 weeks before. I was having Latent (inactive TB) and I declared during medical.
Doctor asked a letter from Family doctor and i hv given it.

Still I don't receive any communication from CIC. ECAS is showning in process.
Please help me. Will be there any problem with PR because of my Latent TB?
Please advise.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Precybabe4mine said:
Will an applicant be refused visa if in active stage of TB?
Take a look at this:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
(see page 10)

Examples of possible delays:
 Medical delay—the requirement to undergo 6 months of treatment for active tuberculosis;

And, this on page 17:

5.19. Medical requirements
Members of the family class are medically inadmissible if they or their family members are likely to
be a danger to public health or to public safety or if their admission might reasonably be expected
to cause excessive demands on health or social services [A38(1)].
See Exceptions to medical inadmissibility, Section 5.20 below.

Instructions on medical examinations can be found in OP 15. That chapter also explains how to
interpret medical results to determine if the applicant is medically admissible and the steps to take
before informing applicants that they are refused for medical reasons.

If a member of the family class or a family member is found to be inadmissible for medical
reasons, and no new information is provided (see OP 15), the application should be refused.
See OP 20 for information on Temporary Resident Permits.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you have active TB, CIC will expect you to get treated first. Once the treatment is successful, it should not mean your visa will be refused. This is for a sponsored spouse or partner, of course.

Oct 9, 2014
@Canadianwoman many thanks for your response. I have just being asked to do another chest Xray as well as AFB sputum test which should be 3 consecutively and cultured between 6-8 weeks.
So hopefully everything turn out negative.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I hope so. Good luck!

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swdw said:
I got a letter to go for a sputum test but the problem is that i dont cough so whr ll the sputum cme from....I tried my level best to give the sample but am not able to produce the required amount and so everytime it is rejected......Can anyone suggest wat to do?
Hi there,
I was wondering if there is any development in the condition. Thanks.

angheldavid

Aug 20, 2017
Hi,

My spouse is now for passport request but unfortunately was diagnosed with latent tb , she was just recently diagnosed and had no idea she has it when she had her medical examination. We have no idea what to do next? I hope someone might helo us. Thank you!

Angel

C

Classic Chucks

Hi,

My spouse is now for passport request but unfortunately was diagnosed with latent tb , she was just recently diagnosed and had no idea she has it when she had her medical examination. We have no idea what to do next? I hope someone might helo us. Thank you!

Angel
The onus is on the applicant to report a change in health.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hi,

Angel
Follow the instructions from CIC. From the PPR:

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform (your visa office) immediately at the email address above:
  • Change in health

There's no ambiguity or confusion - you must inform CIC.

Reactions: Classic Chucks