+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latent TB??????

Jun 7, 2019
I got a letter to go for a sputum test but the problem is that i dont cough so whr ll the sputum cme from....I tried my level best to give the sample but am not able to produce the required amount and so everytime it is rejected......Can anyone suggest wat to do?
Did you get your visa?

pragyasaran5

Jul 6, 2022
I have been tested positive for IGRA test done for tb and my chest xray also shows scars.. i dont have any symptoms of tb.. now they have asked for sputum culture test.. i think i have latent tb .. the panel physician told me that they will submit my report after 3 months once the chest xray has been done.. so i should file my study visa now or should wait and file it once they upload the report.. but i think it will be too late.. i have to go to canada in December.. please help me .. what should i do

rv.rocker

Jan 19, 2023
Hi....I was TB positive 8-9 years back...got proper treatment for about 5-6 months and my TB was healed. Now in 2023 Jan, I appeared for medical and was doubtful. So I got xray done personally on same day and found out that I have latent TB scar at very bottom.

So now I doubt that canada immigration may ask for sputum test...

But if I get the test done from my personal doctor and with no active TB certificate approach Panel doctor again for another Medical....what are the chances that Panel doctor will send my report to immigration with remarks that I have inactive TB...?

I need help....plz reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi....I was TB positive 8-9 years back...got proper treatment for about 5-6 months and my TB was healed. Now in 2023 Jan, I appeared for medical and was doubtful. So I got xray done personally on same day and found out that I have latent TB scar at very bottom.

So now I doubt that canada immigration may ask for sputum test...

But if I get the test done from my personal doctor and with no active TB certificate approach Panel doctor again for another Medical....what are the chances that Panel doctor will send my report to immigration with remarks that I have inactive TB...?

I need help....plz reply
I don't think anyone can comment on that. You can certainly try. However the panel doctor may demand a separate test.

rv.rocker

Jan 19, 2023
I don't think anyone can comment on that. You can certainly try. However the panel doctor may demand a separate test.

It would actually be good if Panel doctor ask for additional tests........as getting request directly from immigration and later process may take time.....

So I actually wish that panel doctor himself ask for all additional tests and submit final report of inactive TB.....
What u think..?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It would actually be good if Panel doctor ask for additional tests........as getting request directly from immigration and later process may take time.....

So I actually wish that panel doctor himself ask for all additional tests and submit final report of inactive TB.....
What u think..?
It would likely follow the normla process. You complete the x-ray as part of the medical. Additional tests are requested later by IRCC.

Reactions: rv.rocker