+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED IN CANADA; CLASSES STARTED; NOW ITS GIVE BACK TIME

winie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Hi
I applied for my visa yesterday.
while filling out the student permit questionnaire there was a question to list all the activities above age of 18 and not to leave any gaps.
By mistake i have left a gap of 4 months during which i was travelling.
will it create any problem for me???

please reply
Thanks

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
To Crypticlancer:

I applied from India while I was a UAE resident ( We can either apply at our current country of residence or our country of nationality)

My visa process took 2 weeks

If you are applying from UAE medicals are not required until asked, if you are applying from India you do need a medical test

There was no interview for me, I collected my visa from VFS Bangalore office

To Winie,

FIRST OF WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST TO VISA.

I dont think leaving a 4 months gap in the application will be a problem. Only a few people will have consistent/regular work experience but many people get visa.

Be positive and hope for your visa

Vinod

amarnadh007

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vinodh Bro,

I am really glad to know that you reached Canada and got started the classes. How about the expenses in Torronto. How much amount we need to survive there. Coz i heard that its too expensive place in Canada. Please help me.....

winie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Thanks! :)
I would like to ask 1 more question - there was a question that in past five years have you ever stayed in other countries for six months?

actually i have stayed for 2 -3 months as it was a holiday period every year in another country as my dad was posted there for 4 years.
but i have never stayed consecutively for six months at once.

And i answered the above question no.is it correct or should i have had ans yes and given all the details.??/

littleangel00a

Feb 24, 2013
Hi Dubaitoroto
As mentioned earlier you had applied for the visa from India.Can you please guide-
What documents have I to submit?
Do I have to personlly go and submit or someone else can do that on my behalf?
Do I have to submit my passport along with it or they will ask that later?
Also if it takes more time then how can I travel back to UAE in that period without my passport? It means that I have to make an indefinite stay in India until my visa is processed.
Also if I send my passport from here with any friend I wont be able to leave the country until I dont get my passport back..
And when they give the visa do I have to go to collect it personally as the passport will also be returned???? since it wont be practically possible for me going there from here without my passport or someone else can collect for me.Also will the visa officer be calling me for the interview ...in that case I will have to do all the paperwork myself.
Please clarify..
I hope you understood what I meant.

dxbprincesa

Jan 10, 2013
Hello Vinod,

Please recommend the same travel agency you used when purcasing your ticket. Which airline and how much did it cost you? I am also doing my landing in June from Dubai.
Thanks,
Ana

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
To Amarnadh Bro:

I dont think Canada is that expensive compared to US, Australia or Newzealand

Below are approximate monthly expenses

The rent in cities like Toronto, Vancouver will be $450 -$650 ( Other cities can be lesser may be around $400)
Food expenses (If you cook) - Around $250
Travel - $100 ( If u stay near college you can save this)
Phone - Around $60
Other expenses - Around $150
Normally internet, water, electricity included in the room rent

To Winie

No worries about stays less than six months, the visa officer has our passports, I am sure they will check each and every page. So from the entry and exit stamps on the passport they will know that you have stayed only for 3 months. So no worries, be cool.

To littleangel

Just go to the CIC website and then to the study permit section, I applied many months ago so the documents that I submitted might have changed now, it is always better to go the CIC website for latest information.

You dont need to personally go and apply, you can appoint someone on your behalf

You have to submit the passport along with the application

You have to wait till you get the passport back. If in India normally it takes less than 2 weeks, maximum may be 4 or 5 weeks

You dont need to go to collect the passport, the person/consultant you authorized to submit your application can collect the passport.

In India there is very very less chance of an interview, if your application is not that complicated they will not call you for an interview. The chances are very less. But there are exceptions too.

ALL THE BEST

To Ana

I did not use a travel agency. I booked my ticket with my credit card on makemytrip.com. I had consulted many travel agencies in Dubai, all of them quoted AED4500 or above. You know, I got my ticket on makemytrip.com for just AED3000. Atleast I saved AED1500. I heared cleartrip.com is also good. Travel agencies will always charge more, use your credit card and go to websites that is the best. You can even go to the websites of airlines also

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU

Vinod

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regarding the living costs..i have seen ads on kijiji etc with rents as low as 300-350$..and also read on a forum that food can cost as low as 100$ is u know how to cook.

amarnadh007

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vinod bro

Did you get part time job..? how much will they pay for part time jobs..?

what about the chances to get jobs after completing the course

I am asking the details of Torronto.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
http://www.farecompare.com/results/flights-marketsearch.html?departdate=20130523&cabin=Coach&flexDates=&destination=YTO&c2=2&p=1&altAirports=false&onlyNonStops=false&s=d&departure=DXB&saveMySearch=&t=o&dsh=1&type=flights-market&returndate=

You can buy tickets online.
Agent are always expensive.

Good Luck