+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED IN CANADA; CLASSES STARTED; NOW ITS GIVE BACK TIME

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Hi All,

This forum has been a great help for me in my journey to Canada. Many people replied to my posts, I understood many things from other members' posts. I saw many guys taking a lot of efforts to help others without expecting anything in return. Everything went well for me, I got VISA, landed in Canada now studying one year post graduate certificate program at George Brown college, Toronto.

Now, its give back time for me. If you may have any questions regarding any of the topics like, SPP or General, Gap in Studies, Course mis- match, consultancies or self, flight tickets, transit in other countries, Port of entry procedures, COOP work permit, accommodation in Canada etc.... I can answer from my experiences (These were some questions I had)

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Actually now its one month since I landed. Sorry, I cudnt find much time to spend on this forum. I flew from Dubai to Toronto via London. One thing for your information we can even go out of London airport for sight seeing or any other things if we have time. I spent one night in Central London, it was raining when I was there so I cudnt go much for sight seeing. (If we are a visa national (India & Pakistan) included, if we have a onward journey confirmed ticket within 24 hours then UK London Heathrow airport immigration will issue us a 24 hours valid visa on our passport for FREE, with that visa we can go out of airport but shud return within 24 hours for our flight to Canada)

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

This forum has been a great help for me in my journey to Canada. Many people replied to my posts, I understood many things from other members' posts. I saw many guys taking a lot of efforts to help others without expecting anything in return. Everything went well for me, I got VISA, landed in Canada now studying one year post graduate certificate program at George Brown college, Toronto.

Now, its give back time for me. If you may have any questions regarding any of the topics like, SPP or General, Gap in Studies, Course mis- match, consultancies or self, flight tickets, transit in other countries, Port of entry procedures, COOP work permit, accommodation in Canada etc.... I can answer from my experiences (These were some questions I had)

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod
Congrats bro. Hope all goes well with your studies.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Feels so nice to see you that are there in KaaNaayDaaa.

Tell me how did the immigration people treat you at Toronto Pearson? What about people ? And Collage life and collage studies?

Also tell us more about your Stopover in London. Im excited cuz I was thinking dubai to toronto just ike your nickname but now.. London is in business :)

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod
congrats....my visa has been approved this forum specially enfield help me alots...can u tell me about POE procdures?what question immigration officer usually asked from student when he or she is at POE of canada?what are the things wch must be in the hAnd whan u are at airport of canada?

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, I will include all replies in one post:

TO Plzhelpme:
You can ask questions in this forum as a reply to this post, if its of general nature other people will also benefit from it. If you have a specific question you can send me a private message using this site.

TO Nandini09:
Canada is awesome!!! Now its very cold here, current temperature is -9. Dont worry about the cold, if we are inside the house, or any shopping malls, or any vehicles, everthing is heated up. We will not feel the cold. If we are out side just cover ourselves with proper winter clothes then that also will not be a problem (Many people had tried to scare me mentioning the cold here) This cold is just 3 months, Decemer, Jan, and Feb. Then I heared from people the weather will be awesome.

To am84pm:

Thanks & wish you all the best

To Wjaz:

Immigration people at Toronto Pearson treated me very well ( I guess they do the same to all, they are very professional) People are very friendly and helpful. Sometimes I get lost not knowing the locations, if I ask the location to a guy, if they know they will guide us, I had many experiences where people stopped and opened GPS on their mobile phone to show me the way.

College is very good, George Brown is one of the best colleges in Toronto, one of its quality is that it is exactly in Downtown Toronto accessible to all top business attractions. Programs are well organized and professors are well experienced and very helpful.

You can have a stopover in London (You can go out of the airport free) Please click on the link for more information

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-to-transit-landside/

Especially read the session Transit without visa concession link

Getting a UK visa on our passport is a good thing right?

To Sqasi:

First of all congratulations!! POE procedure is very simple. Just a 10 minute procedure. We have to go to 2 immigration officers, to the first one with the form that we recive from the aircraft for declaring the goods we carry, show that form, passport and our letter of invitation to the first officer, they will ask one or two simple questions like from where are you coming and like that. That officer will return us that form with a number and stamp on it along with our passport and letetr of invitation. Then we will move to the second officer that officer will give us the study permit and he/her pin that study permit in our passport. After that we can collect our luggage and we can head to our destinations. Nothing complicated in it.

Hope this helps

Best of luck to all of you.

Vinod

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod
hii...i want to ask that u which progrm are u studying in gbc.....i will also be applying for sep 13 batch in wireless networking progrm in gbc...so if u have any feedback about this progrm do share....

harru_5

Dec 18, 2012
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod
hey i want to know how much gap is acceptable in spp??
I have done my btech in 2011, can i apply in may or sep 2013 intake??

NadiaSamir

Nov 2, 2011
You have applied through abudhabi immigration. Can you tell me how long was the procedure for confirmation of visa?

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will really appreciate if you can get me contact information of the students studying "Post graduate certificate in Construction Management for internationally educated professionals"
I need their feedback before application..please do the favour if u can..

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod
Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Its really nice to see someone voluntarily stepping in to help freshers.

I’m planning to enroll myself for Post Graduate - Information Systems Business Analyst for sept 2013 in GBC. It’s nice to see some positive comments from you on the city and college.

My question here would be on my IELTS validity, i took it in Nov 2011 which gets expired in Nov 2013. Should i re-take it as my score will not be valid till march 2014(which is 6 months after i land in canada). I heard from a person that we should hold a valid IELTS score card for atleast six months after we enter Canada. Is that true?

Thanks.

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New_Aspirant said:
Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Its really nice to see someone voluntarily stepping in to help freshers.

I'm planning to enroll myself for Post Graduate - Information Systems Business Analyst for sept 2013 in GBC. It's nice to see some positive comments from you on the city and college.

My question here would be on my IELTS validity, i took it in Nov 2011 which gets expired in Nov 2013. Should i re-take it as my score will not be valid till march 2014(which is 6 months after i land in canada). I heard from a person that we should hold a valid IELTS score card for atleast six months after we enter Canada. Is that true?

Thanks.
Never heard of such a thing! first time for me.