+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED IN CANADA; CLASSES STARTED; NOW ITS GIVE BACK TIME

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
I have read lots of posts and never found something like this. But i met GBC representative in a fair and got this info from her.

Its confusing me a lot.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Never heard about it. Why you need valid Ielts?
you admission procedure is done. right?

New_Aspirant said:
Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Its really nice to see someone voluntarily stepping in to help freshers.

I'm planning to enroll myself for Post Graduate - Information Systems Business Analyst for sept 2013 in GBC. It's nice to see some positive comments from you on the city and college.

My question here would be on my IELTS validity, i took it in Nov 2011 which gets expired in Nov 2013. Should i re-take it as my score will not be valid till march 2014(which is 6 months after i land in canada). I heard from a person that we should hold a valid IELTS score card for atleast six months after we enter Canada. Is that true?

Thanks.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
aman singh said:
Never heard about it. Why you need valid Ielts?
you admission procedure is done. right?
Hi,

I havent applied for the program yet. But when i enquired the college representative about admission requirements she gave me this criteria where i should have an IELTS score that is valid for atleast 6 months after landing date.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
No need.

Personal experience ~ got admission in a college (5th jan) , when my ielts expired on 21st jan.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
@New_aspirant. Welcome :D

@HELL911 , If police is there , Obviously crime will be there too. But i am in Toronto from last 2 years and never faced any problem. Quite a safe place. But some area are dangerous too.
It is all the same in any city in the world.

silent_heart

Jul 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello dubaitotoronto,

i just received my letter of acceptance today from george brown.

would like to ask some:

1. are they going to send the hard copy of my LOA? or i would just print the email sent to me and present it to the embassy? im just worried regarding my LOA printed since it wont have the george brown letter head.

2. are there on campus jobs available in george brown. would like to work while studyng.

btw, what is your course in george brown?

thanks in advance!

dilsher

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/07/2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016 for PC
i have submited my file on 24th jan at jalandhar and what u think when likely i will get visa for may 2013 intake

my profile is
IELTS 7.0
10th 62% I.C.S.E
12th 73% P.S.E.B
and 8 lacks loan letter against FD
and paid fees of college 11,550CAD

what r my chances yaar 1day waiting is like years and i am fed up of this...???????/plz help can anybody help when i ll get visa

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
To Chaitnay7777:

I am doing one year post graduate certificate program in Strategic relationship marketing. I have heared good reviews about the wireless networking course. Even on this forum I have read some people writing they have got good jobs after this wireless networking course. Please search the forum and find those posts.

To harru-5:

There is no hard rule for the gap after study for applyingg under SPP. In the main visa application form for SPP there is one section for filling our experience, they are asking last 10 years work experience that means they do accept people with even 10 years gap, right?
I guess you can boldly go ahead and apply for VISA under SPP.

To Nadiasamir:

Eventhough I was living in Dubai, I applied from India. I asked many people they all told me the chances of getting visa if we apply from Abudhabi is less ( I guess you are aware of the diplomatic problems betweeen UAE and Canada) But I also know a afew people who got visa from Abudhabi. Another thing is the visa processing time in Abudhabi is 8 weeeks while in India I got my visdsa within 2 weeks. If you are from India or Pakistan applying from there is better this is purely my personal opinion, please do all research work

To Faridshariff:

As of now I don’t know any one studying Post graduate certificate in Construction Management, if I find anyone surely I will let you know.

To New_Aspirant:

IELTS results are important for getting college admission and getting visa. If you have these two then no one is going to look at your IELTS result paper. Try to get your admission and visa before ur IELTS results expire, then you are good to go

To hell911:

Crime is much less in Toronto, even a small fight is a big news in the media. But there are many drug addicts walking on the street we have to be careful with them. They will unnecessarily try to talk with us, they will ask cigarattes and money, just ignore those people then there is no issues

To silent-heart:
You received or LOA by email because you might have ticked this option about the delivery method of LOA.

Its important to have a hard copy of LOA with letter head, call your admission officer and send an email (You can see the admission officer’s contact details in the LOA) They will send you the hard copy by post. If you face any problems tell me I will go and talk in the International center office

To dilsher:
I see a good chance of you getting the visa, all the best

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU

Vinod

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
You got your study permit stapled to your pp right? Is it a problem when you come back to India? I'm scared immigration at India or airport staff might accident tear the pp page or the permit by mistake without knowing its stapled.

silent_heart

Jul 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi dubaitotoronto,

thanks for your help. i will email my admission officer today. i hopw i would received it within the week so i could already file my visa l.

what are you going to specialize? i read the b409 course has market analyst and market database. im planning to go for the market database.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
dubaitotoronto said:
To New_Aspirant:

IELTS results are important for getting college admission and getting visa. If you have these two then no one is going to look at your IELTS result paper. Try to get your admission and visa before ur IELTS results expire, then you are good to go

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU

Vinod
Thank you Vinod.

Yes I'm planning to get my admission and visa beofre my score expires. Can you please share some info on Information Systems Businesss Analyst program?

Have a great day..!!

poovannact

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Request
11/02/2013
Med's Done....
16/02/2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28/02/2013
LANDED..........
06/05/2013
Hi dubaitotoronto,

I applied for Visa 04/02/2013 at VFS Bangalore
with Following Documents
1. Acceptance Letter (Unconditional with CAD 20000 Scholarship for PhD Engineering Sciences in Simon Fraser University British Columbia)
2. Admission Letter from the same
3. Visa Application Form
4. Family Information Form
5. Masters and Bachelors Degree and Marksheets
6. Employers Letter
7. Form 16
8. IT Return
9. Student Questionnaire Form
10. 4 months Bank Statement
11. Visa Fees

What are my chances?

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
hi silent heart

will you apply online? Can I get your tel/cel number so we could compare notes.
I will be applying for Sept 2013. I am wary about filling out my applications. :)