+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED IN CANADA; CLASSES STARTED; NOW ITS GIVE BACK TIME

Meenaindian

Nov 8, 2012
Hi everyone,

I need a help. Im planning to do My MS in marketing Analytics. How abt the scope in Canada. And whether anyother Univ/college offers this course other than Cennitial, becoz i heard its not a good College. Please let me know the good college/univ for pursing my MS in Marketing.

Thanks in advance

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meenaindian said:
Hi everyone,

I need a help. Im planning to do My MS in marketing Analytics. How abt the scope in Canada. And whether anyother Univ/college offers this course other than Cennitial, becoz i heard its not a good College. Please let me know the good college/univ for pursing my MS in Marketing.

Thanks in advance

well I would say select a college based on the course contents..they shud match your requirements...famous colleges are humber, George brown, centennial Seneca sheridan

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meenaindian said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

well I would say select a college based on the course contents..they shud match your requirements...famous colleges are humber, George brown, centennial Seneca sheridan

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi mate..I have a simple question..
I secured 52% in BE civil and have almost 3yrs of work exprnc..my academics have not been great and had a backlog in each semester..will that affect chances of off campus work permit? do we need to apply for working 20 hrs a week or is it a part of visa?

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Hi,

Low academic scores will not affect your chances in getting work permit. Getting visa will be a major concern here. To cover it up you should have strong sop that can justify the reason clearly and also show some examples where you have demonstrated changes academically in these 3 years.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New_Aspirant said:
Hi,

Low academic scores will not affect your chances in getting work permit. Getting visa will be a major concern here. To cover it up you should have strong sop that can justify the reason clearly and also show some examples where you have demonstrated chances academically in these 3 years.

my SSC score was 78% & HSC 65% & BE 52% with backlogs.
I have been working since past 3 years and my SOP will definitely be convincing. My concern is that the visa should allow me 20hrs work permit during my course to help me support my finances. I will have funds for backup but trying not to utilize it.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
faridshariff said:
I have been working since past 3 years and my SOP will definitely be convincing. My concern is that the visa should allow me 20hrs work permit during my course to help me support my finances. I will have funds for backup but trying not to utilize it.
Academic score is no where related to your part-time work permit. The process goes like this. For 1st 6 months you will be allowed to work only within your college/university, post this period you can work for 20 hrs/week anywhere.

Experts please correct me if I'm wrong.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well the reason i asked is coz i read in some forum that if you have a bad academic record and still college offers you admission yet visa may not allow you to work atall..not even 20 hrs..so that you concentrate completely on studies..

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
faridshariff said:
You can only cover your living expenses by working while studying. Don't try to work illegally/extra because it will effect your grades and your work permit may be revoked. and if caught working illegally you will be deported back to your home country.

New_Aspirant said:
Academic score is no where related to your part-time work permit. The process goes like this. For 1st 6 months you will be allowed to work only within your college/university, post this period you can work for 20 hrs/week anywhere.

Experts please correct me if I'm wrong.
Total time is 6months +45days. And during breaks or holidays you can work full time without any restriction.

Best of Luck. :)

nikhil12345

Feb 13, 2013
Would you please tell me if marketing management financial services program is good at gbc and job scope for strategic management?

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ms.mech said:
You can only cover your living expenses by working while studying. Don't try to work illegally/extra because it will effect your grades and your work permit may be revoked. and if caught working illegally you will be deported back to your home country.

Total time is 6months +45days. And during breaks or holidays you can work full time without any restriction.

Thanx a lot for the info..

I am aware of the consequences and wont take any chance..its just the living expenses that i am looking to cover..

Jan 2014
GBC
PGC in Construction Management

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
ms.mech said:

Thanks.

I also heard from few graguades about the duration being revised to 3 months from 6 months. It that true?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
New_Aspirant said:
Thanks.

I also heard from few graguades about the duration being revised to 3 months from 6 months. It that true?
No such rule has been changed as of now.If anything comes up, some one will surely put that up with link.

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in replies from my side. It is time for mid term exams here. There is too much to study, many assignments, projects, presentations etc.

I will not say Canadian educattion is tough or difficult, we all can score good marks BUT we need to spend a lot of TIME. Koi jugad nahi chalega. Its not that we have a text book, we will study the important portions before exams then we will go for the exams and will pass. The system here is completely different for most of the subjects we can score only 60% from written exams rest are from assignments and projects.

Here is an example from my coutrse

Subject name: Applied Business communication

The grading for this subject is as given below;

Employment Project - 15%

Group Presentation - 15%

Midterm Exam - 30%

Final Exam - 30%

Participation in class - 10%

I think now you all got an idea about the education system here, it is not at all tough but as I told earlier we need to spend a lot of TIME.

Now answers to the questions:

To aman321:

I suggest your friend urgently contact the admission officer explaining the situation they will surely help your friend. I dont think there will be any issues

To Sweet jelly

Below is the living expenses in Downtown Toronto Canada

Rent - $450 - $650 ( We will have a separate room but bathroom and kitchen we need to share with other people)
Food - $250 ( If we cook our food, eating outside is expensive, click on the below link to know the price of Indian food in Toronto)
Bombay palace hotel Toronto
http://www.bombaypalacetoronto.com/menu.html
Public Transport - $100
Other expenses - $200

To Silent heart

If you buy new text books it will approximately cost $1000
You can buy used books, you can see posters all over college notice boards and you can buy contacting those people, but I did not find any used books for me I had to buy all brand new books.
I am living outside campus but only walkable distance to my college and my rent is $520 per month
On campus jobs are available but very few, if you can manage ur job and studies you can do on campus jobs even in the first semester.

To Nadeem-jee

Are you from Pakistan? I think Police clearance certificate is required for Pakistan student. I am from India eventhough it was not required still I submitted a PCC because I was living in UAE
It is much better if you can give the experience letters, I did so
I have no idea about statutory declaration
I don’t about any forms for sponsorship
You have to fill the application for TRV along with the study permit application
I did wire transfer

To Meenaindian
Centennial is a good college, I know a few people got good job after graduating from Centennial. People say bad things may be because of their individual examples, I think we shud not generalize on such opinions. You can search in Geroge Brown college, it is one of the best I don’t know if the program you mentioned is available ther here is the link for GBC
http://www.georgebrown.ca/programs/

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU

Vinod