Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in replies from my side. It is time for mid term exams here. There is too much to study, many assignments, projects, presentations etc.

I will not say Canadian educattion is tough or difficult, we all can score good marks BUT we need to spend a lot of TIME. Koi jugad nahi chalega. Its not that we have a text book, we will study the important portions before exams then we will go for the exams and will pass. The system here is completely different for most of the subjects we can score only 60% from written exams rest are from assignments and projects.

Here is an example from my coutrse

Subject name: Applied Business communication

The grading for this subject is as given below;

Employment Project - 15%

Group Presentation - 15%

Midterm Exam - 30%

Final Exam - 30%

Participation in class - 10%

I think now you all got an idea about the education system here, it is not at all tough but as I told earlier we need to spend a lot of TIME.

Now answers to the questions:

To aman321:

I suggest your friend urgently contact the admission officer explaining the situation they will surely help your friend. I dont think there will be any issues

To Sweet jelly

Below is the living expenses in Downtown Toronto Canada

Rent - $450 - $650 ( We will have a separate room but bathroom and kitchen we need to share with other people)
Food - $250 ( If we cook our food, eating outside is expensive, click on the below link to know the price of Indian food in Toronto)
Bombay palace hotel Toronto
http://www.bombaypalacetoronto.com/menu.html
Public Transport - $100
Other expenses - $200

To Silent heart

If you buy new text books it will approximately cost $1000
You can buy used books, you can see posters all over college notice boards and you can buy contacting those people, but I did not find any used books for me I had to buy all brand new books.
I am living outside campus but only walkable distance to my college and my rent is $520 per month
On campus jobs are available but very few, if you can manage ur job and studies you can do on campus jobs even in the first semester.

To Nadeem-jee

Are you from Pakistan? I think Police clearance certificate is required for Pakistan student. I am from India eventhough it was not required still I submitted a PCC because I was living in UAE
It is much better if you can give the experience letters, I did so
I have no idea about statutory declaration
I don't about any forms for sponsorship
You have to fill the application for TRV along with the study permit application
I did wire transfer

To Meenaindian
Centennial is a good college, I know a few people got good job after graduating from Centennial. People say bad things may be because of their individual examples, I think we shud not generalize on such opinions. You can search in Geroge Brown college, it is one of the best I don't know if the program you mentioned is available ther here is the link for GBC
http://www.georgebrown.ca/programs/

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU

Vinod
Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your reply. You submit PCC with Initial Application?? I am also living in UAE. Do you submit ur Orignal Passport or a copy of it... Actually my old contract got finish and i am on visit visa again here in uae but my wife is on company visa!!! How long it took you when you apply through abudhabi office?

Best regards!

vineelp

Mar 28, 2012
Hi dubaitotoronto,

I am planning for pg diploma from gbc for sept 2013, and can you please suggest me good consultant in Bangalore.

After finishing the course we will get one year work permit, can we apply for PR during that time?

Waiting for your reply

Thanks
Vineelp

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
how we will take admission after completing one year course in canada,can i apply in the same college for further study ,is it going to affect my work permit,
secondly will i be getting one year work permit after taking one year course..

poovannact

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Request
11/02/2013
Med's Done....
16/02/2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28/02/2013
LANDED..........
06/05/2013
Hi dubaitotoronto,
Does having high cholesterol will cause hindrance to the visa. I got privately examined in a famous hospital. My BP is normal (120/80) Chest x ray normal. blood Sugar level is normal. Urine sugar normal. But I'm having cholesterol. Does it affect my chances. I'm scared now abt the visa

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
vineelp said:
Hi dubaitotoronto,

I am planning for pg diploma from gbc for sept 2013, and can you please suggest me good consultant in Bangalore.

After finishing the course we will get one year work permit, can we apply for PR during that time?

Waiting for your reply

Thanks
Vineelp
Hi,

I have also applied for PGD sept 13 intake at GBC. Edwise had helped me to file the documents in chennai.

PGWP depends on the length of the program you apply. For eg: you will get 1year PGWP if you complete 1 year PGD. You can apply for PR only if you can find a job and satisfy minimum requirements of CIC.

All the best.

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
To Poovanna:

I have no idea about the high cholesterol issue you can ask a new post somebodywho has knowleddge about that will answer you.

To Vineelp:

IDP is good, they are not greedy. I am talking about IDP Kochin. I wanted to give them money for their service but they denied saying their service is free.

After one year course you will get one year work permit. After 2 years course you will get 3 years work permit. Either you can find a job and apply for a worker visa or apply for a PR in any suitable province as per the Province Nominee Program for students

To Saurabh:

You can extend your study permit from Canada after getting admission in a college and if you have money to support you.

To NadiaSamir:

Where did you apply? Abudhabi/New Delhi/Islamabad

Abudhabi will take 8 weeks, New Delhi will take around 2 weeks

To Nadeem Jee

I applied from Newdelhi not Abudhabi because Abudhabi processing time is too much (8 weeks) New Delhi processing time is only 2 weeks. I submitted the Dubai PCC with my application. It was not required still I submitted to make my application strong.

If you are applying from Abudhabi office they will accept copy of the passport ( ALL PAGES) For New Delhi they want original passport.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi toronto bhai,

now i have another query

My course will be 1 yr. Jan14 to dec14. and it has a co-op in 3rd sem. does it need a separate work permit?
also will i get a visa untill dec14 or 1/2/3 mothns more than the last month of the course.
can we work full time after course completion untill results and certificates are obtained? n how long this period could be?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

faridshariff said:
hi toronto bhai,

now i have another query

My course will be 1 yr. Jan14 to dec14. and it has a co-op in 3rd sem. does it need a separate work permit?
also will i get a visa untill dec14 or 1/2/3 mothns more than the last month of the course.
can we work full time after course completion untill results and certificates are obtained? n how long this period could be?

1. Yes, you need a separate Co-op WP.
2. Normally it's course duration + 90 days.
3. You can work for 90 days, only if you have a valid Off Campus WP.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

1. Yes, you need a separate Co-op WP.
2. Normally it's course duration + 90 days.
3. You can work for 90 days, only if you have a valid Off Campus WP.

thnx for the info mate..and do i have to apply for off campus WP while applying for student visa or after spending 6mnths working on campus?
and I hope if I am working for these 3 months and apply for PGWP then these 3 mnths will not be a part of PGWP. right?

littleangel00a

Feb 24, 2013
As you have mentioned that you applied from India and not UAE

* did you send your passport through embassy or you went personally and submitted it as I read from your post that in abu dhabi they just ask for the copy of the passport but in India they need the passport.

*Also would I have to stay in India when I am applying for the Visa.(if applying from india)

I am asking this since I live in UAE and would like to know the procedure.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If someone applying for study visa then he has to apply for a temporary visa also right? So one has to pay 125$ for study visa and 75$ for temporary resident visa also or n case of study one just need to submit the form together with the application?

Best Regards
Nadeem

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
What i mean that we need to fil both of the fprm like study visa and temporary visa if we are planing for studies? but we pay the study permit fee? just not the fee of temporary resident visa??? that will be applicable on the accompanying peoples?

Best Regards

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
To littleangel:

Abudhabi visa office has the OPTION of accepting all the pages of the passport. Personally I think submitting original passport is good because our VISA is stamped on the passport.

While in India, submitting the original passport is the only option. If you are travelling to India then submittig the visa application you have to wait till you get the passport back because without passport you cannot travel back.

Another option is no need to travel to India, you can send your passport with any of your friend/relative travelling to India then assign someone/consultant to apply for the visa on your behalf ( I think we cannot legally send passport by post/courier, anyways please check this also)

Hope it helps

To Nadeem Jee

In my case the study permit application and TRV application was part of a single package. I submitted both. I do not know the price break up of them separate. I think when we submit study permit application we need to submit the TRV also. ( You can go to the CIC website and see the fee for student visa and the forms included in that package)

Best Regards,

Vinod

Crypticlancer

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Mate did you apply from UAE (were you living in uae when u applied as a student to Canada). If yes then :

How long did your visa process take (in weeks)

Were you asked to undergo medical test for your visa to be processed? The CIC website says that medical is not mandatory if you live in a list of countries provided by them (UAE is on the list of exempted countries)

Did u get ur visa in a drop box or were you called in for an interview?

Answers to the above will be much appreciated

Many Thanks