+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED IN CANADA; CLASSES STARTED; NOW ITS GIVE BACK TIME

winie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
hi,

i got my visa!

please suggest some important things that i should take along with me to Canada from India.

Thanks

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hello,

Congrats for your visa.

Actually you can get everything over here.
But take your all original documents, no need to buy winter clothes from India[Not worth it].
Get your mom made food. You gonna miss it very badly.

Good Luck [ If possible , get me Kaju Barfi :D Just Kidding]

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Congratualations Winie!!!

Welcome to Canada.

What Aman Singh told is absolutely right, everything is available here. By reading some posts I had un necessarily braught many things that just made my trip a bit uneasy since I had a stop over in London.

To Amarnadh Bro,

As of now I am not doing any part time job, I plan to look for part time jobs soon. Minimum they will pay $10 per hour. I think the chances of getting a job in Toronto is good if we work hard for it.

All the best
Vinod

rajeev203

Mar 8, 2013
hi dubai iam rajeev from mumbai... i completed my 12th in may 2012 with 69.5 % in science stream
gave my ielts in jan 19 scored 7.5 (with no less than 6.5)..iam looking forward to do a ug diploma in computers for sept 2013 intake..
i have 2 queries for you.. which college among gbc centennial and humber is better for a computer course undergraduate diploma?
and.. about the visa(spp) .. iam really worried that my 1 year gap will affect my chances as i have no work experience and i didnt enroll in any college as well.. what do you think are my chances .. plus will doing a short term computer course from an institute like java help my case to show that i did something and not just wasted 1 whole year except for giving ielts.. i would really appreciate your reply as iam really nervous about the visa .. thanks

silent_heart

Jul 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi dubaitotoronto, what is the coverage of george brown's health insurance? thanks!

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@dubaitotoronto

can u make a list of items that u brought in Canada but which are also available in Canada?

Ails

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

This forum has been a great help for me in my journey to Canada. Many people replied to my posts, I understood many things from other members' posts. I saw many guys taking a lot of efforts to help others without expecting anything in return. Everything went well for me, I got VISA, landed in Canada now studying one year post graduate certificate program at George Brown college, Toronto.

Now, its give back time for me. If you may have any questions regarding any of the topics like, SPP or General, Gap in Studies, Course mis- match, consultancies or self, flight tickets, transit in other countries, Port of entry procedures, COOP work permit, accommodation in Canada etc.... I can answer from my experiences (These were some questions I had)

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod

Dear Vinod, congratulations and I hope you are doing good there in Canada. Always give your best best effort in school because its in your hands that will make your dreams come true.

I would also ask you help, I am planning to send my application to the school I have chosen which is in Windsor Ontario.

Then if I will have the LOA, I will start applying my visa from here in Dubai.
Can you please advice what course shall I take. I had my Masters in the Philippines already.

Thanks in advance.

Ails

tauseefcool

Mar 12, 2013
yeh batao ke agar study main gap ho 5 yrs se 9 yrs tak ka tu koi prb hai ya nai visa lag jaye gaa

ielts dia hoa ho

kyunke study ki tu koi age nai kabhi bhi start ki ja sakti hai

plz reply vinod

thnx

socrates

Mar 13, 2013
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

This forum has been a great help for me in my journey to Canada. Many people replied to my posts, I understood many things from other members' posts. I saw many guys taking a lot of efforts to help others without expecting anything in return. Everything went well for me, I got VISA, landed in Canada now studying one year post graduate certificate program at George Brown college, Toronto.

Now, its give back time for me. If you may have any questions regarding any of the topics like, SPP or General, Gap in Studies, Course mis- match, consultancies or self, flight tickets, transit in other countries, Port of entry procedures, COOP work permit, accommodation in Canada etc.... I can answer from my experiences (These were some questions I had)

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod
iam going to apply for visa through spp for the sept 2013 intake
this is my profile
10th standard :74.6%
12th standard:74%
bachelor of dental surgery (bds): 63%
IELTS score: overall 7.5 (L-7.5,R-7.5,W-7.0,S-7.5)
i got accepted for medical office administration(moa) at george brown college.
i plan to pay the 1st year full fees and also will be purchasing the gic(10000$).
i have problems getting a loan so will not be taking a loan.is loan mandatory? does my qualification satify the visa requirements?? kindly please help.. what abt SOP? am from kerala.. please guide
regards

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
@OP and all members,

I was admitted to Stouffville college for(ACCA) in 2011 and also applied for visa same year,but I have a little delay in my visa process(Medical issue). I have to undergo a treatment of 18mths before I could be given visa(in sha Allah). Now,the treatment is almost finished( 15th mths gone,3 mths remaining) Allah is faithful Smiley
Along the line,I got some advice and experience about private colleges. I intend to cross from Stouffville college to another University in the Ontario province. I want to ask the house,if there is no implication or issues with this. I want to know if this is possible and would not have immigration backlog on my status.
I would be looking forward to informative and suggestive response from you guyz. Thanx in anticipation.
ciao.
Salaam!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

acca247 said:
@ OP and all members,

I was admitted to Stouffville college for(ACCA) in 2011 and also applied for visa same year,but I have a little delay in my visa process(Medical issue). I have to undergo a treatment of 18mths before I could be given visa(in sha Allah). Now,the treatment is almost finished( 15th mths gone,3 mths remaining) Allah is faithful Smiley
Along the line,I got some advice and experience about private colleges. I intend to cross from Stouffville college to another University in the Ontario province. I want to ask the house,if there is no implication or issues with this. I want to know if this is possible and would not have immigration backlog on my status.
I would be looking forward to informative and suggestive response from you guyz. Thanx in anticipation.
ciao.
Salaam!

1. If you have a valid study permit for a post secondary level, you can change course to any level. In your case, you can easily change to a University or a recognized school. With a private school (stouffville) you will not be eligible for PGWP or PR options under PNP/CEC.