Passport Req..
02/02/2010
VISA ISSUED...
05/05/2010
LANDED..........
12/09/2010
To Jaguar_Paw and Senior Members

This is a qoute fro your post
"Officer: It takes 6 weeks but the time cannot be guaranteed, we don't want it to be used by someone else to steal your identity. I will provide you a fax form and a number, fax them the card when you get a place to stay in."

Could you elaborate this process of fax form and applying PR once one gets permanent address?

Also, Jaguar_Paw- Please mention about your eperience on proof of fund. You said you landed with temp transfer from your current employer. Do the immigration officer still ask for proof of fund, since you already have job?

Sam

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
This is my landing experience and house hunting.
We landed toronto airport on the 25th august with my husband and two children from heathrow airport with flight air canada. the flight was 7 hours. We were directwed to the immigraton counter where the lady checked our visas and marked it. After we were directed to the new immigrants counter where our info was confirmed and visa was cancelled. We told the lady officer that we did not have a permenat address so we were given our landing papers and asked to fax our address as soon as we had a place to stay. After we had finished we were directed to anotyher counter were we were given booklets and all the info needed and a bag to put all of them in. Then we went down stairs to collect our luggage. we got some change from a booth close buy and got trolleys. After we had gotten our luggage we wnet through customs.{we were asked to shown prof of funds at the new immigrants desk but it was not counted} we were not asked to declare the moneysince it was over 10 thousand canadain dollars.
Over all the process was smooth and without hassle.The wasnt much checking or scrutiny and it was quite a relaxed atmosphere.

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
House hunting experience

We are staying at studio6 good place with decent facilities and affordable. To get an apartment has not been easy. Most places we checked say you need credit check and 3000 salary to be qualified. we have checked so many apartments. We recently got a call from an agent saying they are willing to rent to us for 1400 dollars excluding utilities a month but we need to pay some months in advance. three bed apartment close to amenities. will update if we were able to get the apartment

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
canloverdream:
I am planning to land on October 4th with family and planning to book Studio6, Please suggest on the commuting part, can we walk around for shops and Transportation, or need to hire car?

How about cooking is it good for cooking?

Thanks,
Nadeem

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People who have relatives here, get yourself on the insurance of your relative as occasional driver until you buy your car as it will add up the driving experience and your insurance will be cheaper when you buy you own car.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rocky272727 said:
People who have relatives here, get yourself on the insurance of your relative as occasional driver until you buy your car as it will add up the driving experience and your insurance will be cheaper when you buy you own car.
A damn good advice Rocky. +1 to u. But, many Canadians would be wary of adding another pax on their insurance - what with the insurance premium going topsy-turvy here with any traffic tkt (not to mention the effect it takes if there was an accident by the 2nd driver).

Thus, finding a relative/friend accepting our addition on his/her docs is a hard call. I know guys who don't do it even for their wife/s, LOL. However, we should be definitely indebted for the one who does it for us. My friend did it for me, so that my insurance costs remain halved - I'm filled with gratitude for that guy.

But yes, a very valid point u made there mate.
Members: read it carefully & try to do it, it's a great option.

Qorax

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Dear PR holders,

Kindly advice me for the following.

I have a tour plan to USA for 3 weeks with my family, most probably next year. Actually I was going to apply to the US EMBASSY this month. Most of you know about the formalities for getting tourist visa to US and the application fee involved. Now I got medical/RPRF request from CHC London and if everything is in order, I believe I may get my visa this year itself.

My question is whether I should apply for US visa now or not. Whether a Canadian PR holder is eligible for "on arrival US visa" or any other less formalities? Please guide me.

Satish

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
rocky272727 said:
Hi,

Use only the information that is in job requirement. Some times they reject applications like if they only need a college degree and you are a post grad they will reject it. So there are many things to be kept in mind. Think before you apply and you resume should have a Canadian address with a Canadian reachable number.

Rest I can share with you a format. PM me your email. Sorry about being late in my replies...job keeps me busy.
HI rocky,

I have sent you a pm of my email address can you pl send me the resume format on that id pl...

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
Hai ROCKY,
i did not get you"get yourself on the insurance of your relative as occasional driver"-- please explain it. how one can be on the insurance of another insured person(car owner)???

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
nadahmedk said:
canloverdream:
I am planning to land on October 4th with family and planning to book Studio6, Please suggest on the commuting part, can we walk around for shops and Transportation, or need to hire car?

How about cooking is it good for cooking?

Thanks,
Nadeem.

Studio6 is quite far from the city centre and to walk would be a struggle. The hotel is close to a bus stop and there is regular bus service into the city centre. We found that hiring a car was very helpful as we were able to go around and look at houses and do more than if we were getting the bus. We paid 500 dollars to hire the car for a week.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrdynamo said:
Hai ROCKY,
i did not get you"get yourself on the insurance of your relative as occasional driver"-- please explain it. how one can be on the insurance of another insured person(car owner)???
If you have any relative of yours, then speak with them ask them to call the insurance company they have taken insurance from and ask about occasional driver addition charges on their insurance, the company will ask for your driving license details

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
If you have any relative of yours, then speak with them ask them to call the insurance company they have taken insurance from and ask about occasional driver addition charges on their insurance, the company will ask for your driving license details
hai rocky,
i have one query regarding this scheme.for eg.,if wife wants to add her insurance on her husbands car
1 is it possible to get 2 insurances on 1 car?(if husband & wife have their own DL & want to get 2 insurances on 1 car.
2 is it possible to get 2 different insurances(from on ecompany--as you tell this scheme) on 2 diff.car(when H & W has their individual DL)

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more :D

1. Register for Air Miles / HBC Rewards Or any any rewards card that gets you rewards when you shop.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Any Indian/or anyone who has ties with India, who is residing abroad and want any documentation from India, can refer to this website and get the service. It is a very good one.

They get the work done in the time period they specify.

yourmaninindia.com

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My License is in my old name ,i.e. without surname. I am thinking about getting it renewed. The renewed license will contain old license's number but not the period. Whether it will create any problem in getting License once I land in October in Toronto? I will also arrange a Certificate from the Authorities.

Thanks & regards.