Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Irmaar said:
Hello Everybody,

Wanted to share my landing experience, I Landed with my wife and 3 childrens at Toronto, Person International Airport Canada on 20th August 2010 by Britishairways BA0099 from Saudi Arabia.
I went to Immigration counter and inform him that I am here to complete my landing procudere. Officer asked if we have completed the forms which was given in the plane. We have given the completed forms and passport to the officer. He marked 7 on the forms and return back the forms and passport. I was Greeted and directed to go to the New Immigrant welcome counter. When we reached New Immigrant counter, officer saw the forms and suggested us to wait. Then another officer came from the cabin and invited us to come with landing papers. He saw the landing papers and our passport and verified the names on both the documents. He entered all the information in his computer and told us to sign on the landing papers. Then he stamped arrival date on our passports and on landing papers and return back our passports with visa cancelled and a copy of landing papers. He suggested to keep landing papers safe until we get our citizenship. Then we moved to Welcome Canada counter, there were two counter and we went to both counters, where I was given some pamphlets and books, instructions and a carry bag. Then we proceed to baggage area where porter service guys ask if we need any help (At first we thought they are also officers). I took two trolley by paying 2+2 dollars by my credit card. We took our luggage and proceed to Customs counter (for new immigrants, custom counter is in different area). once reached at Customs, Custom officer greated us and asked about funds we are carrying. We inform that we are having cash and drafts which is exceeding 10,000 dollars. He brought a form and wrote all the details about the draft and cash and requested to sign on that form. When we showed the Gold / jeweler's pictures and goods to follow list. Officer suggest us whenever he are leaving outside Canada, then get the gold pictures sign before leaving, so that while entering Canada again, there will be no customs on that gold items. He printed goods to follow form and asked us when we are getting the list items. We inform it may be in 6-9 months, then he has given the forms and advice us to keep safe until we get listed items. Then we proceed to to exit gate.

Many Thanks to Qorax, rocky272727, HMISABPK and all senior members of this form for posting their reviews. It helped a lot.

May god bless you all.

Many Thanks,

Irmaar.
congrats

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Irmaa,
Welcome and Congrats
Post from you above said that visa was cancelled. Is that the normal thing and what form of cancellation as that? Crossed? Stamped or what? Was your fund complete and counted?

Once again welcome

Oloye

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oloye said:
Irmaa,
Welcome and Congrats
Post from you above said that visa was cancelled. Is that the normal thing and what form of cancellation as that? Crossed? Stamped or what? Was your fund complete and counted?

Once again welcome

Oloye
He meant that visa was crossed which means that after using the visa it is not longer valid to be used to make an entry in Canada. It is a single entry- Immigrant Visa.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
He meant that visa was crossed which means that after using the visa it is not longer valid to be used to make an entry in Canada. It is a single entry- Immigrant Visa.
They Cross it usually with a ball point pen.

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Irma, Congrats for safe landing!! where are you staying??

Seniors, I am landing with my family on october 4th, Tried safehomestay its full, please suggest alternate options!!

Thanks,
Nadeem

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nadahmedk said:

Seniors, I am landing with my family on october 4th, Tried safehomestay its full, please suggest alternate options!!

Thanks,
Nadeem
Motel6 &/or Studio6

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Thank you BOSS!! you always there for any thing to ask for!! thats really great to have you as a guide/mentor around!!

you make all of our job sooooooo easyyyyyyyyyyyy that everythingssssss lookingssssssss sooooooo eaasyyyyyyyy

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

nadeem

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HEy,

Got my health card yesterday...:) Wanted to update everyone it took almost 20 days for them to send it to me.

Irmaar

Jun 4, 2010
nadahmedk said:

Thanks,
Nadeem
Thanks Nadeem.

I am staying with my relatives in mississauga. Trying to move to different location and having problems in doing the contract for an apartment. If you do not have any employment then the rental office needs a guarantor with a pay of CAD 3,000 and the employment letter. Guarantor should come to their office to sign the contract.
One of my friend is helping to get the employment letter for signing the contract. Will update once I sign the contract.

Many Thanks,
Irmaar.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Rocky,

Can you pl guide me about the banking jobs, resume formating etc esp for Edmonton area in alberta...

Looking forward to your reply....am due to land on 10th sept 2010

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Rocky,

Can you pl guide me about the banking jobs, resume formating etc esp for Edmonton area in alberta...

Looking forward to your reply....am due to land on 10th sept 2010
Hi,

Use only the information that is in job requirement. Some times they reject applications like if they only need a college degree and you are a post grad they will reject it. So there are many things to be kept in mind. Think before you apply and you resume should have a Canadian address with a Canadian reachable number.

Rest I can share with you a format. PM me your email. Sorry about being late in my replies...job keeps me busy.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi All

Good info...kindly give a go here

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/personal-finance/article/yfinance/1794/the-best-and-worst-provinces-for-job-growth-right-now

cheers