+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate -- ILLEGAL document

JTPr

May 15, 2020
My AOR was May 14th 2020. My medicals were passed but got this problem just today. May I ask what information did you put in your explanation letter? When was your AOR?

I just sent and email to the embassy here hoping to get any answers.
Mine was Feb 7.... a long time ago! I have included that this document is impossible and illegal to get with official email from Toronto consulate. And I actually don’t know why mine takes forever to be finalized... like half year is almost gone already

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Mine was Feb 7.... a long time ago! I have included that this document is impossible and illegal to get with official email from Toronto consulate. And I actually don’t know why mine takes forever to be finalized... like half year is almost gone already
So I think you're good to go. They would have cancelled your application by now if there was an issue with your police certificate. I wish I knew about this problem before applying. Hoping to get this resolved...

JTPr

May 15, 2020
So I think you're good to go. They would have cancelled your application by now if there was an issue with your police certificate. I wish I knew about this problem before applying. Hoping to get this resolved...
Hopefully yeah! Thank you so much! I know this situation is frustrating but we can all get it through!

wish you all the best and good luck with your appeal!!

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hopefully yeah! Thank you so much! I know this situation is frustrating but we can all get it through!

wish you all the best and good luck with your appeal!!
Thanks. you too. I will update the problem here if I found a way.

Jason68

Jul 10, 2020
Hi. My application was just cancelled today because of this issue! I really had no clue Korea had two types of Police Certificate! What did you do? Can I appeal and ask to reopen my case since getting this document looks like hard, if not impossible?
Hi, I have submitted a webform to explain the situation last week, but they haven't replied to me yet. I think you can email Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto (toronto2@mofa.go.kr) and Korean National Police Agency(crc@police.go.kr) to get some evidence and also submit webform to try.

fathimaNazzam

Mar 13, 2020
Hi, I'm so sad, I was rejected today. It seems there are many people who have been rejected because of this Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply.
My husband used to work in Korea so he had to provide a Korean PCC as well. Which part of the application did they reject you; was it before aor1? My husband has already done med and bio back in 2019.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, I have submitted a webform to explain the situation last week, but they haven't replied to me yet. I think you can email Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto (toronto2@mofa.go.kr) and Korean National Police Agency(crc@police.go.kr) to get some evidence and also submit webform to try.
Thanks! I have emailed the embassy here a few hours ago and tomorrow I will visit there in person to ask what I should do. As per your suggestion, I just also sent an email to the Korean National Agency. Hope they reply back! Have you emailed the Korean Police yourself? Did they reply?

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
My husband used to work in Korea so he had to provide a Korean PCC as well. Which part of the application did they reject you; was it before aor1? My husband has already done med and bio back in 2019.
My AOR was May 14th 2020 and Medical was also passed. Only received this cancellation today... Did your husband provide the right Police Certificate with lapsed records?

fathimaNazzam

Mar 13, 2020
My AOR was May 14th 2020 and Medical was also passed. Only received this cancellation today... Did your husband provide the right Police Certificate with lapsed records?
I am actually not sure. I didn't know that they had 2 kinds of police reports.

Jason68

Jul 10, 2020
Thanks! I have emailed the embassy here a few hours ago and tomorrow I will visit there in person to ask what I should do. As per your suggestion, I just also sent an email to the Korean National Agency. Hope they reply back! Have you emailed the Korean Police yourself? Did they reply?
Hi, yes, I emailed both of them by myself and got replies. I sent those emails as evidence to CIC, but haven't got any reply back yet.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, yes, I emailed both of them by myself and got replies. I sent those emails as evidence to CIC, but haven't got any reply back yet.
I did the same. Fingers crossed! This is so unfair... at worst they could have asked for an additional, not rejecting the whole application! Let's see what happens!

Jason68

Jul 10, 2020
It's just after AOR, checking the application is complete. They think the PPC is not right so the application is incomplete.

Jason68

Jul 10, 2020
I did the same. Fingers crossed! This is so unfair... at worst they could have asked for an additional, not rejecting the whole application! Let's see what happens!
You are right, this is not our fault. I have already waited for almost 2 weeks, not sure how long it still needs for them to give me an answer.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
You are right, this is not our fault. I have already waited for almost 2 weeks, not sure how long it still needs for them to give me an answer.
I've heard typical web forms might take up to 10 days for them to reply. So, this might take them even longer. Also, I've heard some people haven't got any reply back though web forms(some of those who ask for their application status). We'll see.
Btw, what category did you choose for your web form type? I think I chose "updating documents ....". Something like that.