+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate -- ILLEGAL document

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Hi everyone,

Today I got my landing letter - PR approved a week ago.

I submitted the free Criminal Record Check that I got from my local Korean Consulate (in Vancouver).

I also submitted emails from the Korean Police Agency, the Korean Foreign Office, the Korean consulate in Toronto - all stating that the document requested was no longer being issued by the Korean Police Agency. I also submitted emails forwarded to me from other people on this forum and elsewhere who had been officially informed that the document was no longer available. Thank you to all those who helped me in this way.

I am happy to forward any of the emails I received from official sources. It may make a difference that I am NOT KOREAN and do not live in Korea. Still, if I can help anyone through this bit of dodgy legislation, I will.

Thanks again for all your help and support.
Oh, I got the answer, thank you. It makes me more confident on what I'm doing. Just wait ....

carlmejia87

Dec 23, 2019
You say exactly what I want to say. I'm living in South Korea now, I tried many ways on December 2019 to get it but it didn't work, even I asked my Korean friends to help anyway (go to police station of cities directly, call 182, call many police stations to ask) but they refused to issue Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) because of recent changes to the Personal Information Protection Act. They just accepted to issue Background Check (Criminal Records) Certificate (신원조사(범죄경력)증명서). And they explain that police officers can search records for Korean citizen, but they cannot search records for foreigners.

My husband also called Canada Embassy for helping, they know the issue because many people contact them for this but they don't have any solutions.

Silowest

Jan 31, 2020
Hi everyone,

I submitted the free Criminal Record Check that I got from my local Korean Consulate (in Vancouver).

I also submitted emails from the Korean Police Agency, the Korean Foreign Office, the Korean consulate in Toronto - all stating that the document requested was no longer being issued by the Korean Police Agency. I also submitted emails forwarded to me from other people on this forum and elsewhere who had been officially informed that the document was no longer available. Thank you to all those who helped me in this way.

I am happy to forward any of the emails I received from official sources. It may make a difference that I am NOT KOREAN and do not live in Korea. Still, if I can help anyone through this bit of dodgy legislation, I will.

Thank you so much for your post. I am in the same problem as you were. Can you please send those emails to support my case? I will highly appreciate it. My email is tegwiacha@gmail.com. Thank you.

olga.issakhoj

Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hello! I'm having the same trouble obtaining PCC with lapsed records from Korea. Could you please forward me the emails too? That would really help! khonolga90@gmail.com

alexjake

Feb 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hello, I'm pretty much in the same situation now that I could get the document. Could you please provide me the emails of Korean Police Agency, the Korean Foreign Office, the Korean consulate in Toronto. I have been struggling to find their email for support. Thank you!

calli

Mar 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hi Daryl,

Congrats on getting this through. Sorry to ask as I'm sure you're getting multiple requests, but could you forward the emails from official sources to me please? I'm hitting a brick wall with this at the moment. My email is <callimcgovern@gmail.com> - thank you!

alexjake

Feb 28, 2020
Hi Daryl,

Congrats on getting this through. Sorry to ask as I'm sure you're getting multiple requests, but could you forward the emails from official sources to me please? I'm hitting a brick wall with this at the moment. My email is <callimcgovern@gmail.com> - thank you!
I have got this from another post of Billfish87. I hope this helps.

I emailed the Korean National Police < crc@police.go.kr > and the Korean embassy in Toronto < toronto2@mofa.go.kr > asking about the possibility of getting the background check required by CIC. They both replied explaining that it is illegal or not possible. I used these emails as evidence as well as a letter of explanation of how it is impossible to get now. An immigration officer called my partner saying he would still need the background check from Korea, but my partner continued to explain the situation. The immigration officer talked to his colleagues and then 10 min later we got the DM letter. He received PR on Thursday!
Good luck.
But I'm in need of the email of the Korean Foreign Office as well. It is no where to be found on their website. I would really appreciate if anyone can help?

Last edited:

phoenix_45

Aug 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

Hi Im having the same issues. Can you please send me emails/documents from Korean agencies? seppenera@gmail.com Thanks in advance.

Rasmi

Oct 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hi DarylM. I am so happy and excited for you! I think you might already be there in Canada.

Please could you email me the documents as well. I am freaking out. I hope they accept the usual police clearance certificate from me.

My email is rasmisingh92@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

carlmejia87

Dec 23, 2019
Hi DarylM.

That's great news and congratulations as well. I am having a hard getting a Korean Police clearance for my husband. I am just wondering if you could forward or send those emails/conversations to me? Here's my email carl.ortiz87@yahoo.com. This will help me big time. Thank You so much in advance.

singkm

Apr 10, 2020
I worked in seoul for 2 years, which requires me to get a police clearance. I am now outside of seoul. I got the police clearance through korean embassy. That is what i sent to cic with a letter of explanation.

(e.g. embassy will only issue the standard police clearance.)

Fingers crossed that they accept these, otherwise i am *****!!!! Hehehehe.
Hi,
can you please share were you able to get it approved based on normal PCC (without lapsed records)?. Thanks.