Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
TARTAR said:
WHo are MP'S
Dealing with ur MP is hit or miss. I have gone to my MP 3 times and all they asked was for a status update and I found out the same thing. So u can try but not all will help out. Also went to my husband's MP in jan 2014 and he wasn't willing to help said to come back in 3 months we were already at 13 months in Kingston and 15 since we applied

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
carm_cnd said:
Dealing with ur MP is hit or miss. I have gone to my MP 3 times and all they asked was for a status update and I found out the same thing. So u can try but not all will help out. Also went to my husband's MP in jan 2014 and he wasn't willing to help said to come back in 3 months we were already at 13 months in Kingston and 15 since we applied
Can't say that I have experienced that kind of service from my MP. The office of my MP has been extremely helpful. They even written a letter of support for my sponsorship application.

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
While we are on the topic of mp's mine has written two separate letters of support on my family's behalf. Kingston has basically ignored them. So I agree carm. The mp thing is hit or miss. As for why some of us get through quickly and others linger... There's no one reason why. It's essentially a crap shoot. Two applications with the same fact scenario will take two different processing times. Congrats to all who have heard good news. May the 2012's and the early 2013's be as lucky as well!!

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
mrsbrown said:
While we are on the topic of mp's mine has written two separate letters of support on my family's behalf. Kingston has basically ignored them. So I agree carm. The mp thing is hit or miss. As for why some of us get through quickly and others linger... There's no one reason why. It's essentially a crap shoot. Two applications with the same fact scenario will take two different processing times. Congrats to all who have heard good news. May the 2012's and the early 2013's be as lucky as well!!
As I said in my earlier posts when I first joined here. I firmly believe that the processing times are really surrounded around the complexity of your application, your family situation both in Canada and Jamaica, and how well prepared your application is at the time of submission. The minute you introduce kids in the immigration process or posses a criminal background the process takes longer than usual sometimes, depending on the situation. Also, if you don't visit often, that will also be put into question so make sure you have that to explain as well if you haven't gone back for a while to visit your spouse. There was a recent article posted about the black box of immigration to Canada which pretty much goes along with similar facts to what I have been saying all along. Also, if the application is well organized and the officer doesn't need to search much to find whatever they are looking for, the process is a breeze. This is my 2nd time going through this process. Both times I spent an average of 8 months preparing my paper work on my own. Granted, the 2nd time was a bit rougher since I overlooked and missed an important document. However, looking at both filings the times are relatively the same, at roughly 8-9 months for passport request. There were other factors in my case that sped up my application but I cannot divulge those as they are a personal matter. The thing is, if you just sit there and wait and not follow up on your application, whether that be it yourself or through an MP or other means, it will just sit there until someone at the embassy actually picks up your papers on top of others. I am far from an expert as to the actual process, but I am just telling you my experience and what I have gone through. I inquired almost every other week on my application, provided updates on my status etc. If I found a barrier for communication, I found a way around it. I did not give up just because someone told me no or refused to help. I also never used a lawyer. Once a lawyer offered to do it for me for $7,000. This is why I invested 8 months into my filing before I actually filed, to make sure I covered all angles.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
CADsponsor13 said:
As I said in my earlier posts when I first joined here. I firmly believe that the processing times are really surrounded around the complexity of your application, your family situation both in Canada and Jamaica, and how well prepared your application is at the time of submission. The minute you introduce kids in the immigration process or posses a criminal background the process takes longer than usual sometimes, depending on the situation. Also, if you don't visit often, that will also be put into question so make sure you have that to explain as well if you haven't gone back for a while to visit your spouse. There was a recent article posted about the black box of immigration to Canada which pretty much goes along with similar facts to what I have been saying all along. Also, if the application is well organized and the officer doesn't need to search much to find whatever they are looking for, the process is a breeze. This is my 2nd time going through this process. Both times I spent an average of 8 months preparing my paper work on my own. Granted, the 2nd time was a bit rougher since I overlooked and missed an important document. However, looking at both filings the times are relatively the same, at roughly 8-9 months for passport request. There were other factors in my case that sped up my application but I cannot divulge those as they are a personal matter. The thing is, if you just sit there and wait and not follow up on your application, whether that be it yourself or through an MP or other means, it will just sit there until someone at the embassy actually picks up your papers on top of others. I am far from an expert as to the actual process, but I am just telling you my experience and what I have gone through. I inquired almost every other week on my application, provided updates on my status etc. If I found a barrier for communication, I found a way around it. I did not give up just because someone told me no or refused to help. I also never used a lawyer. Once a lawyer offered to do it for me for $7,000. This is why I invested 8 months into my filing before I actually filed, to make sure I covered all angles.
Interesting :)

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
That's an interesting theory cad. Just so u know. I am a lawyer and I am confident that my application was also prepared in a very complete and organized manner. There are no children involved in our immigration application. No criminal record and I visit every 6 weeks. For a grand total of 21 times in the past few years. My husband has never left the island or been married before. In other words no complexities at all. What may be "true" of the processing of your application. Is very often not true of others. Your "advice" on what works simply doesn't apply across the board and that is shown time and again in the stories and experiences of those who have applied and endured this process. I wish you and your spouse much happiness on this next step of your lives together.

Reactions: ReivaG

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
mrsbrown said:
That's an interesting theory cad. Just so u know. I am a lawyer and I am confident that my application was also prepared in a very complete and organized manner. There are no children involved in our immigration application. No criminal record and I visit every 6 weeks. For a grand total of 21 times in the past few years. My husband has never left the island or been married before. In other words no complexities at all. What may be "true" of the processing of your application. Is very often not true of others. Your "advice" on what works simply doesn't apply across the board and that is shown time and again in the stories and experiences of those who have applied and endured this process. I wish you and your spouse much happiness on this next step of your lives together.
. Thanks for sharing, reading your story and others really helps us all !!!

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
lonely_cdnwife said:
At the end of the day, i guess what i'm trying to say is that i understand the pain that you feel, but i think you need to realize that as a "black women" you are not the only one persecuted in our country/world, and the only person who can make it better is you! With that, interesting topic for discussion :)
I am respectful of your views and your journey to self-discovery. The first time I heard about the plight of the Aboriginal people I made it my business to do research, read every testimony, every historical text I could get my hand on, from movies such as " Rabbitproof Fence, books- In Search of April Raintree, Rez Sisters,and The Encounter- to name a few) I immersed myself- made aboriginal studies a minor in university.. Why, because I wanted to know and understand the experience of such people. The Jewish people do not concern themselves with the thought that others are equally oppressed but highlight their own struggles without apology, without fear of reprisal. We can never forget about the Halocast, why should we? I respect their right to pay tribute to their people by renewing the process of telling.. The Aboriginal people at one time used silence as a form of resistance but no longer have to do so. It is with this fervency that i tell my story, not to highlight our struggles in comparison to others who have suffered or paint us as victims but to force others to see the atrocities done to my Ancestors and stand up against those who demand that I shut up and move on. I call individuals to personal accountability in their day to day life. If it provides you with inner-peace to accept and move on I respect this position.

I don't feel that we are at a place where we can move on and forget just yet since the things of yesteryear are ever present in our reality. Black folks for the most part understand all too well the oppression of other people and NEVER ask anyone to SHUT UP ALREADY! But we are asked on a regular by folks who themselves have understood this pain. I agree that I have the opportunity to make it better, it is my goal- open and honest dialogue is a start. Telling my true feelings does not mean I am not open to changing my mind about the way I see many in Canada and beyond.. I seek reconciliation but will not learn to trust without true confession, apologies and laws enacted to end inequality-not laws enacted to trick me into believing that I deserve fair and equitable treatment but equal opportunities as all other citizen. As long as double standards continue to show up in the Justice System and the social fabric of our society remain one sided, the sore festers, cannot truly heal. I am angry for those who were unable to express this emotion.. grown men and women who were forced to behave like kids.

South Africa remains in occupation to this very day, people killed, beaten, tear gased for asking for increase in wages despite the end of Apartheid. Because your ancestors were brutalized, raped, violated in the worst ways does not mean I don't get to say I had enough. People from all over the world come to this country and reap the wealth and benefit of this land but there are still young boy and girl, men and women on reservation feeling hopeless, helpless, who turn to drugs or alcohol to ease the pain.. why should they forget, why must I remain calm? Since I don't believe we must do unto others as they have done to us, I must speak because my ancestors where denied this given right and If I die I die. I am not saying that you are asking me to shut up just saying no one wants to hear about slavery, racism, etc. it is too uncomfortable, makes folks mad...I don't care! It was and is still uncomfortable for me and many Africans to this day...why should we bear the cross while the world go free. (just saying)..

On one hand I sound the alarm that some of my own brothers and sisters find creative ways to get retribution but got canned for doing so- I finally let that one go with a smile but will continue to provoke and antagonize individuals knowing full well that while I "make enemies" I bring awareness to our cause. If one person is able to see the big picture, ask the big questions about violence, crime in poor countries such as Jamaica, examine the black on black crime in garrison communities in Canada and else where then individuals will learn to relax the superior complex when they speak about underdeveloped nations and people. It is not in our hands to just change things at will but we can definitely ring the alarm. One can read the words on a page but never really understand the inner workings of someones mind unless a question is asked or one walk in the other shoes.. If I went away two hundred posts ago, we would not have had this conversation.. We agree on somethings and disagree on other points.. I can be sane at times, not so on other occasion-. Thanks for sharing, appreciate your ability to speak your truth.

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
mrsbrown said:
You are right. Theories is all I got to go on. But this is my story, what I went through, and what worked for me (both times). You can judge it as you see fit. You can: 1) learn from it and adapt your application and see what your outcome is, 2) take it with a grain of salt, or 3) ignore it and say whatever that your process is better. In the end, my application is near completion and you are still waiting. No pun intended but I feel really bad for the people that are still waiting. I wish I had an answer for everyone.

lovergirl43

Aug 27, 2013
Hello to each and everyone on this forum I have been reviewing your comments for the past 7 months and this is the first time I have had the nerve to actually comment. I am a 2013 applicant to sponsor my husband to come to Canada and I find each one of your posts very helpful although some members at time get off track but it is understandable since the process can be very long and drawn out. I just want each person to know that things happen when they are suppose to its all fate and although we have our fates in the hands of immigration we all need to trust that they are doing right by each and everyone of us. Although my heart tells me to become selfish and put my situation first then I look at everyone else's situation or requirements and I say I am not on this journey on my own, so I will patiently await until its my turn to get that PPR call or notification. Until then I will continue to make the visits ( as immigration is very familiar with me when entering into the country) when I actually returned in Jan the immigration officer said to me you went to visit again.....I was puzzled but said nothing because at that point I knew they were keeping track of the number of visits I made during the year.

All the best to the members on this forum and lets see who's up next.......

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
CADsponsor13 said:
In the end, my application is near completion and you are still waiting.
RUDE

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
My..my..my..

Let's lighten the mood here a bit - eh?!?

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
oneandonly said:
Mrs Brown darling how have you been? Pleasure of you to stop in
[/quot

Hi everyone. Don't mind me. I've been "turtle-ing" these days. Keeping to myself bc the process is getting to me. I am very happy to see good news for some (esp my fellow mama to be LDL). But I feel the pain of so many others still waiting and for the first time the sting of others getting thru earlier. I could go on and on about missing my hubbie but I know that each and every one of u knows exactly what I'm feeling. Looking forward to some landing stories and happy ppr postings.

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
mrsbrown said:
oneandonly said:
Mrs Brown darling how have you been? Pleasure of you to stop in
[/quot

Hi everyone. Don't mind me. I've been "turtle-ing" these days. Keeping to myself bc the process is getting to me. I am very happy to see good news for some (esp my fellow mama to be LDL). But I feel the pain of so many others still waiting and for the first time the sting of others getting thru earlier. I could go on and on about missing my hubbie but I know that each and every one of u knows exactly what I'm feeling. Looking forward to some landing stories and happy ppr postings.

:-* :-* :-* <3 <3 <3

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Dedicated to the forum family who are patiently waiting on there 1st and ONLY application to be complete the road is long but the end reward is worth it .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-gzZHhjKLU&sns=em. All I. Gods time loves when he says yes no man nor woman cant deny it