+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
WOW!!!!!

CONGRATS to everyone seeing some movement :)
Kingston is working hard...lets hope for some more PPR's this week.

Z

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
lexi said:
Good morning everyone.

I had to change my husbands address with Immigration and they sent me a link to make the change. I did it 2 weeks ago but its not showing in the ECAS as the new address. What should I do?
Hi Lexi,
I sent my new address to CIC but haven't received anthing back from them. Can you send me the link you were sent so I can update it.
Its so frustrating when you dont get any kind of reply!!!
Z

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
O&O - is hubby coming home tomorrow or was it Friday?? OMFG you must be on cloud nine and be a bundle of nerves at the same time!! Cannot wait to hear the landing story even though he has already lived here before!

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
frankfield said:
DISCLAIMER: FOR ADULTS ONLY, YOU MUST BE MATURE AND INTELLIGENT TO READ THIS POST. IF YOU INSIST ON PERUSING DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR IGNORANCE NOR WILL APOLOGIZE FOR SUBSEQUENT FALL OUT

http://youtu.be/1-X4is9jMYk

Does the falling tears of the black woman just roll back because you change your mind..TO suddenly "tolerate" us? Canadians have the nerve to publicly declare they are a tolerant people.. Really? How dare you say you must tolerate another human being. When will the day come when individuals can sit down and have honest conversations without uncomfortable folks becoming hostile.. How far have we come? Read back on this forum and you will see how "black" men are viewed..phallic symbols, servile beings..ready to service. I have never read a post that showed empathy for the person of the man, never read a post that made me see how loved, honoured, respected, valued etc(well one came close..K) I see some downright disrespectful arguments and bravado about heroines rescuing these unfortunate black men.

How many of them will end up in prison after they get here? How many of you will strap door on your backs to have them removed when they cease from worshiping you. Today's documentary look at events in 1955, Travon Martin story was only a moments ago- 2013? How far have we come? How many of you feel it is better to pretend the elephant is no longer in he room? How many of you "love" the black man and hate his sister, his mother? How many of you celebrate the fact that he is black on the outside and white inside - is this true acceptance. How many of you know that your child may appear with the features of his father and will therefore be subjected to racial profiling? Can someone tell me what has happened to the devilish white folks of yesterday that has caused the new generation to be different? Did they change or did black folks change?

Was slavery abolished or did the Africans decided it was enough? Is racism over or has it taken a new name "political correctness" masquerading as acceptance. One would not use the N word nowadays but when there is a recession the black folks are still the first to be fired... these conversation are a bit too upsetting, after-all this is a place where folks come to feel happy, talk about sponsoring their lovers? There are a lot more on this forum that are silent... do I speak to one white woman who love a black man and can say this is harsh but I never thought about it like that?... his history, his wounds will become yours, it is best to know what you have taken on. The residue of hate remain, a "coloured" person still lives with reminders everyday. The things that have transpired over the years leaves many scars but the wounds can reopen with one careless picture, one mindless comment.

You say why should I have to be conscious of these things, I did not own slaves? Don't believe these things are forgotten when you write books, tell stories, make movies about these wrongs. Sometimes when you tell the story it comes across as mockery.. But you can start with yourself and acknowledge your own prejudice, biases, and see how you can start the healing.. I struggle with trusting white folks, not because I believe they are inherently bad- cause the almighty made us all perfect. But because no matter how black folks open our arms and try to forgive, you continue to do and say things that make us rethink. When a Director of a school board looses his job over a quote, a principal speaks openly about being blocked from promotions, a teacher is harassed openly, we can't say we have come thus far... In this month, I present these upsetting stories but will not end before looking at transformation and change.. Educate yourself!

unedited
Oh frankfield… When i first joined this forum I thought you were here to antagonize me, but since then i've taken your posts with a grain of salt and explored your concepts and seen a different part of you. From this post, part of me is angry, and part intrigued and respectful of where you are coming from. As you always state, if something makes you angry it is obviously a sensitive subject for you, and it is. As an aboriginal women it frustrates me to no end when individuals (of all races/backgrounds) get upset that Canada is not respecting their own racial background/culture. As the "first people" of Canada I can say that our culture has not been respected, so why would you think that yours should?

I do not hate "white" people or any other person who calls Canada their home, because I know the people alive today were not a part of the oppression that my race faced hundreds of years ago, and the anger i feel is due to my own healing, rather than placing blame on any other race. My father was a victim of residential school, and in BC our last school only closed in 1995, but does it help the word at all if i stand on my soapbox and scream that europeans and the catholic church ruined the most sacred culture that I have? Absolutely not, instead this only deepens my own pain and keeps the wound open, unable to heal. While you state that "the residue of hate remain, a "coloured" person still lives with reminders everyday", this may be true, but it is also a token of your own personal healing journey, and you leave your personal happiness vulnerable to the actions of others.

While living in Jamaica i have seen countless women come on vacation to hook up with Jamaican men, and i must say I don't like it any more than seeing men hiring a prostitute here in Canada. Do i feel that any of the members here have those same motives? Absolutely not! To endure process you must be absolutely sure that your spouse is the one person you cannot live without. I am not with my husband today due to the colour of his skin, or his physical features, as these will all deteriorate in time, but rather the love we share and the absolute feeling of being whole while with him.

Am i worried about how my child will be treated, coming out of a bi-racial family? Absolutely, but i also know that the people that care most about me and my family will not see my child as "half black" or "half indian" but rather as a child, with a name and a face, that they love. Of course there may be comments made at school, but i am confident that when/if the time comes me and my husband will be able to provide the love and guidance needed to face these issues.

At the end of the day, i guess what i'm trying to say is that i understand the pain that you feel, but i think you need to realize that as a "black women" you are not the only one persecuted in our country/world, and the only person who can make it better is you! With that, interesting topic for discussion :)

Wifey_BT

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
01-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
oneandonly said:
Hopefully this week will keep you posted as to when the passport and visa is in his hands. I will be on cloud 9 when I know everything is happening lol. Landing stories are my favourite and so are love stores. Thank you for the shout out my girl.

@ wifey has hubby got back his passport with shiny visa yet?
No. I've been checking DHL but it doesn't appear its been sent yet. Has urs been sent yet?

Wifey_BT

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
01-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
oneandonly said:
No not yet apparently from what the courier company said is that Kingston needs to call them first before they go there to pick up. Also they stated Mondays and Wednesdays are their most heavy days for pick ups at the embassy. Did you use DHL? We used airpak
We used DHL. Not sure when they pick up. Nerves are killing me.

Wifey_BT

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
01-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
oneandonly said:
I know what you mean on Ecas when you click under decision made does it say they will contact you? We should get it back this week.
On mine it states they will contact hubby.

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Kingston wrote back through my MP to state the following:

Medical assessment has been completed and information was transferred to applicant’s file. Applicant has been contacted to submit additional documents.
Case is presently in the processing queue of the reviewing officer.

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone!!
I felt miserable this morning waking up alone on my birthday when my husband is a 1000 miles away but you have all lifted my spirits and made me feel very special.
Thank you, you don't know how much your wishes mean to me!

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
TARTAR said:
WHo are MP'S
MP = Member of Parliament = Government of Canada Elected Officials for my region where I live.

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
TARTAR said:
Ohok, but are they in canada or jamaica?
In Canada, you can read up on it here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_of_Parliament#Canada

canuck0468

Nov 5, 2012
suki, good hearing from you again and yep I'm still here. Being on here for as many years as I have been it has become apart of my daily ritual even if only lurkin. I hear you on posting, I forgot my password about a year ago and had to change my name slightly from 0469 to 0468. The forum remains solid, some days a little fiesty, some pretty mellow but we're in good hands, no Mrs sam's. Seen many imm laws change, timelines are pretty pathetic now a days. Forum family is helping each other with the up and down days, same ol, same ol. Time does fly, the Mrs is going on 4 years in CA, struggling a little more this winter than the last few. Making plans now to buy a place in JA and slowly start the move down, stay warm mi old fren