+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They did Decision made on a whole whack of files and now created a shwak of backlog at the local offices for oath.

Reactions: radwes

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
After all categories except for Ceremony being marked "Completed" on January 3, today Background verification was reverted to "In progress". Has anyone had something like that here..?

• Angry
Reactions: amitsmeet

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MB/SK offices are super slow. Took oath on January 10, 2023 and sent the oath form same day...but file is still open. I don't know when they will send the citizenship certificate and when this long journey will end...Very frustrating

Finally got my certificates through Canada post on Feb 01, 2023. But surprisingly my online tracker status is still showing the Oath status "in process". Really don't know how IRCC is working these days....

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Yes, right after passing the Test, almost a year ago. Receiving confirmed in tracker. How on Earth can be my Background check reverted from Complete?!?
Background Check is valid for 1 year. If you previously gave FP as requested, you might have to give it again. They might send you a FP request letter again

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Background Check is valid for 1 year. If you previously gave FP as requested, you might have to give it again. They might send you a FP request letter again
Meaning: I might need to pay for them again without doing anything wrong? Also, my FP were taken on Feb 9, 2022 and received by them on March 2, 2022 - so even by that measure they are still valid.

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Meaning: I might need to pay for them again without doing anything wrong? Also, my FP were taken on Feb 9, 2022 and received by them on March 2, 2022 - so even by that measure they are still valid.
You took on Feb 09 that means it expired right the day 09feb 2023. You must do it again

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
You are right! it's totally their fault for not processing your application before your background check expires... And the applicant pays :-/

Reactions: radwes

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
It's like the Medical examination during PR days which you had to keep repeating if they dont process within 6 months. I know it's not your fault but I think it would be last time you doing it as you may get your oath date soon.

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
It's like the Medical examination during PR days which you had to keep repeating if they dont process within 6 months. I know it's not your fault but I think it would be last time you doing it as you may get your oath date soon.
I won't get any invitation without the Background check completed. Last time I had to wait 10 months between "Fingerprints received" and "Background check complete". This is complete absurd on top of the previous pile of absurd.

Feb 3, 2023
Is it better to send the oath form electronically signed or physically signed and scanned? What should the email subject line be?

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Is it better to send the oath form electronically signed or physically signed and scanned? What should the email subject line be?
Physically signed is the best choice.
Regarding the email subject it depends on the officer instructions, but usually either only the officer name or officer name, your name, file number. What did the officer told you ?