+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Did any of you took the test outside Canada ? I took the test outside and think that is the cause of delay.
I did but I informed them of my return to Canada, which they acknowledged and also noted on my file.

Apart from background screening delays, I think the following can cause decision delays (doubts in residency): foreign travel, self employment or unemployment, test taken outside Canada or foreign travel after application, address mismatch between provincial ID and application, low income and/low tax returns/benefit claims of any kind (EI/CERB etc).

Have also heard of delays due to applicant's (prior or current) address being blacklisted on immigration databases (perhaps due to previous tenants).

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
This is crazy, did you see Decision Made in E Cas or was it still in process?
I'm an online applicant, I have no access to ECAS. But I had 5 parts marked Complete in the "new tracker" - only Citizenship ceremony In progress. Last week Background check went back to In progress as well, and today I see "Fingerprints requested", no email with instructions yet though... Probably some automagic procedure kicked in. *sigh* I'm tired of this...

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is heights now. What's ur fault, that you applied for citizenship? Crazy. I had to get FP done twice too totalling a $120.