Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
June 1, 2021 online
Aor Sep 9,2021
Test completed Feb 11, 2022
BG completed Dec 15, 2022
Everything else completed Jan 9, 2023
Oath scheduled Jan 18, 2023 for Feb 1.
And your office? I have been waiting for oath since July 2022. AR Aug 2021. BGC 27 May 2021.
MB/SK office.

• Wow
Reactions: radwes

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Vancouver office.

Edit: Vancouver office processed the application but oath email came from the Calgary office.

Last edited:

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm April 2021 applicant waiting for Oath, got DM in Dec, called IRCC, they said they have no control as the Oath is scheduled by local office, contacted the local office-Mississauga, they replied back saying I am scheduled for Oath, but cannot provide a timeline for oath, send webform, came back saying that there is nothing to share, wrote to my MP, they came back suggesting to wait, at last twitted to the Immigration MP stating that the whole Citizenship process is a mess and you need to help get the DMs and Oath speedup, obviously no reply to that, So I have exhausted all my options, now waiting everyday checking the tracker. I try not to get disturbed or distracted by this issue, but whenever I see someone applying in 2022 getting their passports, I get sad. Just sharing and I have no intention of spreading negativity, but the truth cannot be overseen. I wish everyone is out of the woods so we may concentrate on other issues.

Just learned there are 60k applicants just waiting for the Oath Ceremony...!!!
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/citizenship-oath-ceremonies-delayed-1.6336727

Last edited:

Fatme2009

Star Member
May 14, 2021
I'm April 2021 applicant waiting for Oath, got DM in Dec, called IRCC, they said they have no control as the Oath is scheduled by local office, contacted the local office-Mississauga, they replied back saying I am scheduled for Oath, but cannot provide a timeline for oath, send webform, came back saying that there is nothing to share, wrote to my MP, they came back suggesting to wait, at last twitted to the Immigration MP stating that the whole Citizenship process is a mess and you need to help get the DMs and Oath speedup, obviously no reply to that, So I have exhausted all my options, now waiting everyday checking the tracker. I try not to get disturbed or distracted by this issue, but whenever I see someone applying in 2022 getting their passports, I get sad. Just sharing and I have no intention of spreading negativity, but the truth cannot be overseen. I wish everyone is out of the woods so we may concentrate on other issues.
I know me am 2019 applicant still waiting

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
same for me 6 monyth after test done nothing changed , this step is the most mysterious step in this process ....
I did contact my MP office back in Feb 2022 when I got stuck at security screening. They got in touch with me twice in the span of next 10 months to let me know that I’m still stuck in security screening. Once the security was cleared in Dec 2022, I got other stuff completed pretty quickly. Fast forward to Jan, I’m at work and saw notification of an email from IRCC. Turns out it’s an oath invitation email (wasn’t sure at that time). I was elated. Just minutes later, I got a call from MP office telling me that my application is complete and also that I should look forward to an oath email sometime today. I was told to contact the MP office back in case I don’t get the oath email within 24hrs. I didn’t tell ’em that I’ve already received the email a few mins ago since I wasn’t sure it’s actually the oath email. Lo and behold, it was! I feel like the MP office had some part to play in expediting the oath email. But it’s just a guess.

Fatme2009

Star Member
May 14, 2021
I did contact my MP office back in Feb 2022 when I got stuck at security screening. They got in touch with me twice in the span of next 10 months to let me know that I’m still stuck in security screening. Once the security was cleared in Dec 2022, I got other stuff completed pretty quickly. Fast forward to Jan, I’m at work and saw notification of an email from IRCC. Turns out it’s an oath invitation email (wasn’t sure at that time). I was elated. Just minutes later, I got a call from MP office telling me that my application is complete and also that I should look forward to an oath email sometime today. I was told to contact the MP office back in case I don’t get the oath email within 24hrs. I didn’t tell ’em that I’ve already received the email a few mins ago since I wasn’t sure it’s actually the oath email. Lo and behold, it was! I feel like the MP office had some part to play in expediting the oath email. But it’s just a guess.
Hi just wana ask u is it u mean stuck in Prohibitions?

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
No, I was stuck in the background check, specifically in security screening part of it. Prohibitions is different.
Same as myself. I never contacted my MP, however I contacted IRCC pointing out to a possible glitch. Got Background Check completed in December - apparently as part of a bigger wave. So either your MP helped us all, or it had nothing to do with it.
Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the Oath invitation.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Same as myself. I never contacted my MP, however I contacted IRCC pointing out to a possible glitch. Got Background Check completed in December - apparently as part of a bigger wave. So either your MP helped us all, or it had nothing to do with it.
Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the Oath invitation.
Yea I hope you get your oath invitation soon bud! It’s been a long journey for us.