+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>June 2019 AOR<<<<<<<Join here

Harry1211

Oct 22, 2019
I just received an automated response like this:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note that a longer delay may be experienced to process your inquiry as only critical functions are being maintained at this time by IRCC offices.

If your inquiry is related to IRCC special measures to help temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19), all pertinent information is available at the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

If you have already submitted your passport to CPC-Ottawa for visa and/or CoPR issuance, please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate. Please rest assured that your documents will be return to you as soon as possible.

If your request is urgent or if you wish to submit an update or documents, we recommend that you do so via our IRCC Web form.
Hey,

I have exactly same timelines.Sent passport from USA via FEDEX on 16th March,2020. Passport shows delivered and received on 17th March.No Updates yet.Raised a webform got below reply.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your documents were not received by the responsible office yet or this information is not available in the system yet.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only."

Which is your country of residence?Please keep me posted on this

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hi Guys, Anyone who received just photographs request? My eligibility was passed yesterday per web form response and today I received below request letter-

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents: Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications). This must be received at this office by: 2020/04/21. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account

kushagra13

Apr 3, 2020
Hey,

I have exactly same timelines.Sent passport from USA via FEDEX on 16th March,2020. Passport shows delivered and received on 17th March.No Updates yet.Raised a webform got below reply.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your documents were not received by the responsible office yet or this information is not available in the system yet.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only."

I am from India. I sent out an email to ottawa office, they said it's been received and they are working on the application. Here is the email id CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

libanais2

Aug 12, 2019
Hello everyone,
Aor: 15 June 2019
Med: 22 Jul 2019
Bio: 24 Jul 2019
The criminal background verification is currently valid.
The background verifications are in process.
The security background verification has not been initiated.
Anyone in the same situation?

kushagra13

Apr 3, 2020
Hey,

Hi Harry,

Did you receive any update on your passport yet. It's been more than a month now and I have yet not received my passport.

sxg519

Dec 8, 2019
Hi All,

Has anyone with COPR landed in Canada after March 16th? It will very helpful to understand the landing and mandatory self quarantine process from someone who has gone through the same.

Would greatly appreciate any inputs.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
I'm finally PR of Canada! I’d like to thank everybody here for their support and for sharing their experiences with me—it has made the very long, stressful process of applying for Permanent Residency a more bearable experience. For those still going through, or just starting, on their journey I have provided my timeline, application information, and some tips/advice below (including resources I found most helpful). I went through the process without any legal assistance, however, I booked a consultation before starting the application to clarify some specificities of my case. My case was slightly impacted by the COVID-19, at the final stage of validating the PR status, which I received by email.
Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Good luck to all!

Basic Timeline:
EE Pool: April 30, 2019
ITA: May 01, 2019
AOR: June 19, 2019
MEP/BIL: July 23, 2019
ADR (RCMP PCC) requested: July 23, 2019 & uploaded: August 14, 2019
ADR (uploaded updated PoF): November 11, 2019
ADR (uploaded new passport): February 4, 2020
GU (RAD changed to NA): February 19, 2020
RPRF payment: February 20, 2020
GU: February 27, 2020
PPR: February 27, 2020
CoPR: March 4, 2020
Landing (PR email): April 24, 2020

Facts about my application:
FSW-I
Brazilian Citizen
Canada Resident
CRS: 470
NOC: 2144

Contacting IRCC:
I used the IRCC Web Form 6 times: once to provide the language tests post AOR, once to provide updated proof of funds post GCMS notes reception, once to provide my new passport at the 7-month mark, once to inquire the status of my application at the 8-month mark, once to request a landing interview, and once to request a landing phone interview (due to COVID-19).
I called IRCC a few times to check on my file after the 6-month mark. The secret is to be very specific about your questions, otherwise, you'll get general answers.
Additionally, I ordered GCMS notes at the 5-month mark, and I received them within 30-days. It was useful and I proactively sent an updated PoF to unblock my file.

Things I learned about the process:
- As long as you have original, legitimate, legal, and lawful documents translated, scanned & uploaded, you'll get your PR. It is not based on luck, it is a legal case you can win based on evidence, sooner rather than later.
- Keep it simple and real.
- Job experience: your letter(s) of employment must be clear and include job code (NOC), duties, duration of employment, and your salary.
- Financial proof: my bank balance increased progressively in 6 months up to the required amount, and I did not wait to "have a 6 months average" to apply. As long as the full amount did not appear out of anywhere, your case should be ok.
- Translations: I've seen so many cases get rejected for not having translated (and original!) documents. Be careful, double-check and pay attention while uploading your files.
- When contacting IRCC, be precise, otherwise, you'll get generic answers.
- You can apply from anywhere in the world, including Quebec.

Tips/Advice:
Websites, applications, and groups that really helped me go through the Express Entry Process:
· IRCC Website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html
Good for official updated information and for accessing your application portal.
· MyImmitracker.com:
Good for general information about similar cases to yours. However, since the data is user fed, the statistics can be misleading. Be aware!
· CanadaVisa.com:
Join forums for Express Entry DRAW #s, Your AOR Month, or other topics you may have interest in. It's comforting to relate to similar stories to yours.
· Facebook Groups (Express Entry with LegalFalcon):
Good for more general questions about the Express Entry and application process.
· GCMS notes:
atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca: order GCMS notes ($5 CAD) from within Canada (if you have someone who is a PR or citizen to order for you)
GetGCMS.com: order GCMS notes ($15 USD) using a 3rd-party service.

Last edited:

Harry1211

Oct 22, 2019
I'm finally PR of Canada! I’d like to thank everybody here for their support and for sharing their experiences with me—it has made the very long, stressful process of applying for Permanent Residency a more bearable experience. For those still going through, or just starting, on their journey I have provided my timeline, application information, and some tips/advice below (including resources I found most helpful). I went through the process without any legal assistance, however, I booked a consultation before starting the application to clarify some specificities of my case. My case was slightly impacted by the COVID-19, at the final stage of validating the PR status, which I received by email.
Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Good luck to all!

Basic Timeline:
EE Pool: April 30, 2019
ITA: May 01, 2019
AOR: June 19, 2019
MEP/BIL: July 23, 2019
ADR (RCMP PCC) requested: July 23, 2019 & uploaded: August 14, 2019
ADR (uploaded updated PoF): November 11, 2019
ADR (uploaded new passport): February 4, 2020
GU (RAD changed to NA): February 19, 2020
RPRF payment: February 20, 2020
GU: February 27, 2020
PPR: February 27, 2020
CoPR: March 4, 2020
Landing (PR email): April 24, 2020

Facts about my application:
FSW-I
Brazilian Citizen
Canada Resident
CRS: 470
NOC: 2144

Contacting IRCC:
I used the IRCC Web Form 6 times: once to provide the language tests post AOR, once to provide updated proof of funds post GCMS notes reception, once to provide my new passport at the 7-month mark, once to inquire the status of my application at the 8-month mark, once to request a landing interview, and once to request a landing phone interview (due to COVID-19).
I called IRCC a few times to check on my file after the 6-month mark. The secret is to be very specific about your questions, otherwise, you'll get general answers.
Additionally, I ordered GCMS notes at the 5-month mark, and I received them within 30-days. It was useful and I proactively sent an updated PoF to unblock my file.

Things I learned about the process:
- As long as you have original, legitimate, legal, and lawful documents translated, scanned & uploaded, you'll get your PR. It is not based on luck, it is a legal case you can win based on evidence, sooner rather than later.
- Keep it simple and real.
- Job experience: your letter(s) of employment must be clear and include job code (NOC), duties, duration of employment, and your salary.
- Financial proof: my bank balance increased progressively in 6 months up to the required amount, and I did not wait to "have a 6 months average" to apply. As long as the full amount did not appear out of anywhere, your case should be ok.
- Translations: I've seen so many cases get rejected for not having translated (and original!) documents. Be careful, double-check and pay attention while uploading your files.
- When contacting IRCC, be precise, otherwise, you'll get generic answers.
- You can apply from anywhere in the world, including Quebec.

Tips/Advice:
Websites, applications, and groups that really helped me go through the Express Entry Process:
· IRCC Website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html
Good for official updated information and for accessing your application portal.
· MyImmitracker.com:
Good for general information about similar cases to yours. However, since the data is user fed, the statistics can be misleading. Be aware!
· CanadaVisa.com:
Join forums for Express Entry DRAW #s, Your AOR Month, or other topics you may have interest in. It's comforting to relate to similar stories to yours.
· Facebook Groups (Express Entry with LegalFalcon):
Good for more general questions about the Express Entry and application process.
· GCMS notes:
atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca: order GCMS notes ($5 CAD) from within Canada (if you have someone who is a PR or citizen to order for you)
GetGCMS.com: order GCMS notes ($15 USD) using a 3rd-party service.
Hello CJAS,

Thank you for sharing the information.I received my passports back with COPR today.My COPR validity is until FEB 2021.

My question is when would my 5 years of PR start? would it start after i do landing and get my PR card or it started from Today when i received COPR?

Anyone who could answer is appreciated!!!

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hello CJAS,

Thank you for sharing the information.I received my passports back with COPR today.My COPR validity is until FEB 2021.

My question is when would my 5 years of PR start? would it start after i do landing and get my PR card or it started from Today when i received COPR?

Anyone who could answer is appreciated!!!
Normally, you become a PR when you activate your PR status, i.e., when you land in Canada if you're outside of Canada. That's when it starts counting the "730 days out of 5 years" rule to keep your PR status.

sindrom1992

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello,

Finally, I received the big news on Wednesday and wanted to update you on my application

Inland
Aor: 23 June
Review Required since November
Ghost Update 7 May
On Wednesday, the London Immigration Office send me an email for a Phone Interview.
Received COPR the same day.

Stay patient guys and the golden email will come.

Reactions: nns14

MGNCMA

Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

Finally, I received the big news on Wednesday and wanted to update you on my application

Inland
Aor: 23 June
Review Required since November
Ghost Update 7 May
On Wednesday, the London Immigration Office send me an email for a Phone Interview.
Received COPR the same day.

Stay patient guys and the golden email will come.
Congratulations!! What was asked in the phone interview?