+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

Ac8692

Nov 30, 2018
I'm supposed to get my GCMS notes tomorrow (it would be the 31st day). If I don't get them tomo
Okay I think my entire post didn't go through for some reason. But my question was - if I don't get my GCMS notes in 31 days how do I raise an enquiry?

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Hey Guys,
What are your pre arrival preparation plans?

For those in regulated professions here (engineers, doctors, nurses) are you working towards getting licensed? What have you done so far?
For those none regulated professions what steps have you taken to make job searching easier?
Let's have a discussion about these things while we wait for PPR.
Once i land. i will register for another second masters degree at the University of Toronto (UoT), i am just waiting my PPR to start emailing the uni and get approval. It is vital to gain a degree from Canada it will boost your chances to get a decent job (cz i don't wanna work in a factory or waiter). and during this one year master program i will have the chance to work part time (if am lucky) and get familiar with the Canadian society. Moreover, i will immediately start working on getting licensed as a professional engineer PE (i collected all requirements already).

Last edited:

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
@Prashant86_2000 wats ur plan bud once u move here... let me know if I can be of help.. and if u need any info phd thingie... lemme know... I have my frn who is doing his Phd in international trade from Carleton. and one of my relatives is head of dept in Toronto Univ.. he recently received queen's award . so I can fetch some info for u mate
Sure thing Mate, I am currently in a confused state of mind. I have about 11 years of experience in Marketing, I have no Idea, what would that translate into for the corporate world out there.

I always had an inclination towards teaching as one of my career choices but never made it, there. So, I thought, I can keep this option open in the new market.

However, I may do the PhD thing there after I have things a little more settled, instead of jumping right in.

What do you suggest?? :)

BTW... Respect for your friend, he must be really proud.

Last edited:

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Okay I think my entire post didn't go through for some reason. But my question was - if I don't get my GCMS notes in 31 days how do I raise an enquiry?
You don't. GCMS may take upto 40 days in regular course. There are people who have received it after 70-80 days too, more recently. But, wait for at least 40 before taking any action.

Reactions: Ronja5200

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
One problem though. My current employer has a six month notice period. Employees are allowed to leave on 31 Dec or 30 June every year. I between, one has to payback 6 months salary. I was updated to IP 2 on 14 Dec. Should i resign now or wait for PPR.
Also medicals are valid till 8 May 2019. Any suggestions.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
One problem though. My current employer has a six month notice period. Employees are allowed to leave on 31 Dec or 30 June every year. I between, one has to payback 6 months salary. I was updated to IP 2 on 14 Dec. Should i resign now or wait for PPR.
Also medicals are valid till 8 May 2019. Any suggestions.
Even if you resign now, still you have to work till 30th June but your visa will be valid till 8th May if granted. My suggestion would be to wait till you get PPR because IP2 is not a guarantee to be approved. Many applicant get stuck in Security Screening after IP2 which takes 1-2 years to complete. IF your salary is very high then you can soft land and come back, then leave on 31st December. Also you can leave without giving them notice, they will adjust your salary from your provident fund.

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Even if you resign now, still you have to work till 30th June but your visa will be valid till 8th May if granted. My suggestion would be to wait till you get PPR because IP2 is not a guarantee to be approved. Many applicant get stuck in Security Screening after IP2 which takes 1-2 years to complete. IF your salary is very high then you can soft land and come back, then leave on 31st December. Also you can leave without giving them notice, they will adjust your salary from your provident fund.
Unfortunately, salary is very good indeed and there is no PF. And i am getting nervous with your comment on 1-2 years security check clearance. Are you sure it takes that much time. I googled a little and mostly it was few weeks. Oh God.

Dodoz

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I could really use your advice on the below:

I got AOR on June 25, MEP on Aug 17 got married in Sep and notified CIC. Early Oct, they sent me an email for forms to send and I was able to do all that End Oct. Paid necessary fees, attached Medical report (even though they didn't ask for it) and PCC. Mid Nov after several CSEs and emails, my Husband was added to my profile as a Dependent but the supporting documents tab for that section still appears empty. What could be going on? Could it be that they haven't added my Husband's docs to my file despite the several emails and web forms ? If that's the case, how should I proceed from here ? What else do I need to do? Please help.

Thanks.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Wow.. u are so intelligent.. great advice.. also if we look at current trend @Kakubawa should get ppr nxt week. Hey bawa. .if u don't get ppr nxt week then follow his advice

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
I could really use your advice on the below:

I got AOR on June 25, MEP on Aug 17 got married in Sep and notified CIC. Early Oct, they sent me an email for forms to send and I was able to do all that End Oct. Paid necessary fees, attached Medical report (even though they didn't ask for it) and PCC. Mid Nov after several CSEs and emails, my Husband was added to my profile as a Dependent but the supporting documents tab for that section still appears empty. What could be going on? Could it be that they haven't added my Husband's docs to my file despite the several emails and web forms ? If that's the case, how should I proceed from here ? What else do I need to do? Please help.

Thanks.
Please try Gcms. They were very useful to us. Our application was stuck. Applying for Gcms perhaps triggered

Reactions: Dodoz