Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
8 May 2019
Yeah, so unless your PPR takes very long and they ask you to redo the medicals before giving you the PPR. All of you approved on the PPR have to make their first landing before may8.

Hope you receive your PPR before December ends.

But, did you not say, you have to serve 6 months notice period, post resignation?

Mrs.patel

Jul 17, 2018
Aor-15th june
Ip1-5th july
Adr-12th july (POF)
Adr not applicable-26th july
Ip2-19th october
Again on 5th november- Review of Aditional Document - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided

Why again reviewing? What it means?
Can anyone explain it? Please....

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I am in teaching profession and employer is very fine and judicial in their approach. The teaching semester ends in Dec and June every year. I would myself not to leave in between the semester as students will be left in lurch. I would never want to do that. But the problem is a little severe as I am afraid I might loose a great amount of hard earned money in vain if PPR is delayed.
Okay it explains it. But the repaying 6 months salary is still ridiculous.
Anyways just plan towards June 2019 while you hope for December 2018.
Do you know your visa office?? If it's Ottawa, then your hope may still yield results.

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Yeah, so unless your PPR takes very long and they ask you to redo the medicals before giving you the PPR. All of you approved on the PPR have to make their first landing before may8.

Hope you receive your PPR before December ends.

But, did you not say, you have to serve 6 months notice period, post resignation?
Yes, that's the problem. I have to resign either on this Monday and will be relieved by 31 Dec with no questions asked. Or I can resign on June 15 and relieved on June 30 no questions asked. In both cases, there is no repayment required and there is an expedient transition and they provide the experience certificate. In between, it's he'll of a mess. May have to pay around 16000 CAD with no experience certificate issued for my tenure of service.

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Okay it explains it. But the repaying 6 months salary is still ridiculous.
Anyways just plan towards June 2019 while you hope for December 2018.
Do you know your visa office?? If it's Ottawa, then your hope may still yield results.
Till now my VO has been Ottawa. I hope they don't change it now in Ip2 for background check.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes, that's the problem. I have to resign either on this Monday and will be relieved by 31 Dec with no questions asked. Or I can resign on June 15 and relieved on June 30 no questions asked. In both cases, there is no repayment required and there is an expedient transition and they provide the experience certificate. In between, it's he'll of a mess. May have to pay around 16000 CAD with no experience certificate issued for my tenure of service.
Then I think decision is easy. Wait till Monday if you get PPR resign else resign in next June and do a soft landing in between.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Wow.. what kinda job is this

Reactions: tobs

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Wow.. what kinda job is this
One of my colleagues revealed that he has obtained PPR for Canada and resigned in between the semester. HR guy lodged a false police compliant and implicated him with the sole intension to make sure he doesn't leave. Its freaking me out.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
That's I

That's how jobs are in private universities in India. A major reason we decided to relocate in Canada.
Haha.. no m asking abt the actual job.. i always thought teachers and professors get paid less than others working in field..

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Haha.. no m asking abt the actual job.. i always thought teachers and professors get paid less than others working in field..
I am working as at a very senior position of Dean as well as Head of the Department. They don't want to lose people at such vital posts. At level of lecturer, Assistant Professor or even Professor thay don't really care.

Reactions: tobs

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am working as at a very senior position of Dean as well as Head of the Department. They don't want to lose people at such vital posts. At level of lecturer, Assistant Professor or even Professor thay don't really care.
Filing false police complaints seems like an extreme way of retaining people. May be some day HR manuals will be rewritten but for now it sounds more like criminal intimidation and quite outrageous. It’s so ridiculous that I’m finding it hard to believe that some HR will go to length of filing a police complaint. In any case they are not giving experience certificate and asking you to pay back 6 months salary, which by the way also sound extremely illegal. Damn this university is behaving as Italian mafia.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Oops.. thats a very respectable position.. sorry for asking like this.. i still remember how scared i was of the dean of my college.. and m from punjab sir.. i knw the workings of universities in our country.. it must be very difficult for u to make this decision