Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
One problem though. My current employer has a six month notice period. Employees are allowed to leave on 31 Dec or 30 June every year. I between, one has to payback 6 months salary. I was updated to IP 2 on 14 Dec. Should i resign now or wait for PPR.
Also medicals are valid till 8 May 2019. Any suggestions.
What??!! What sort of wicked employer and ridiculous rule is this?
You best bet may be to continue working, once you get your PPR and COPR,do a soft landing in Ca (before the COPR expires), return to work and resign on the 30th of June 2019. After which you can move to Canada permanently.

Reactions: Prashant86_2000

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I could really use your advice on the below:

I got AOR on June 25, MEP on Aug 17 got married in Sep and notified CIC. Early Oct, they sent me an email for forms to send and I was able to do all that End Oct. Paid necessary fees, attached Medical report (even though they didn't ask for it) and PCC. Mid Nov after several CSEs and emails, my Husband was added to my profile as a Dependent but the supporting documents tab for that section still appears empty. What could be going on? Could it be that they haven't added my Husband's docs to my file despite the several emails and web forms ? If that's the case, how should I proceed from here ? What else do I need to do? Please help.

Thanks.
You already sent them your husbands medical report, PCC and relevant forms. It's possible they don't need any supporting documents from you anymore.
The only thing you can do is wait they probably have all that they need. I'll advise that you update your POF to that for two applicants now if you haven't done that yet.

Dodoz

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Please try Gcms. They were very useful to us. Our application was stuck. Applying for Gcms perhaps triggered
Thanks a lot. Which website guarantees quick delivery of gcms notes? I hear about some peeps waiting too long before getting gcms. Which did you use and how long did it take ?

Dodoz

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
You already sent them your husbands medical report, PCC and relevant forms. It's possible they don't need any supporting documents from you anymore.
The only thing you can do is wait they probably have all that they need. I'll advise that you update your POF to that for two applicants now if you haven't done that yet.
I forgot to mention that. I did that too and currently have more than they require in my POF account should the exchange rate flunctates. Honestly, I am just curious...if they have all they need, why won't they just update my application with the ADD-ON forms..so I can monitor the progress. As at now, don't know whether or not my Husband passed medicals or not. *sigh*

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Do I need to take along my wife and son when I soft land there or will it do if I alone go.
As the principal applicant you can land first without the dependents.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I forgot to mention that. I did that too and currently have more than they require in my POF account should the exchange rate flunctates. Honestly, I am just curious...if they have all they need, why won't they just update my application with the ADD-ON forms..so I can monitor the progress. As at now, don't know whether or not my Husband passed medicals or not. *sigh*
You've raised the CSE. It's just to wait now.
I noticed you were asking about AVO. They are notoriously slow that's possibly why you aren't getting any responses or updates.

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
Thanks a lot. Which website guarantees quick delivery of gcms notes? I hear about some peeps waiting too long before getting gcms. Which did you use and how long did it take ?
We tried getgcms. They reverted back in less than 30 days.

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
@Kakubawa, however, everyone will have to do their first landing before medicals expire.
So we as family of three will have to go there twice on return tickets, once before 8 May and then after 30 June. Is that what you mean. Well, in that case I will be saving only around 1000 CAD. I just wish we get the PPR soon this month so I will resign before 31 Dec and all this hustle can be avoided. God help.

Kakubawa

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
What??!! What sort of wicked employer and ridiculous rule is this?
You best bet may be to continue working, once you get your PPR and COPR,do a soft landing in Ca (before the COPR expires), return to work and resign on the 30th of June 2019. After which you can move to Canada permanently.
I am in teaching profession and employer is very fine and judicial in their approach. The teaching semester ends in Dec and June every year. I would myself not to leave in between the semester as students will be left in lurch. I would never want to do that. But the problem is a little severe as I am afraid I might loose a great amount of hard earned money in vain if PPR is delayed.

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
So we as family of three will have to go there twice on return tickets, once before 8 May and then after 30 June. Is that what you mean. Well, in that case I will be saving only around 1000 CAD. I just wish we get the PPR soon this month so I will resign before 31 Dec and all this hustle can be avoided. God help.
When do medicals expire for all of you?

Last edited: