NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi everyone, please guide and help.

I've submitted my PR application documents and fees along with biometrics and currently awaiting visa approval and PPR.
I'd like to get married soon and wanted your suggestion that should I wait till I get my PR and first landing or can I get married before that considering that if I had applied for PR as a married applicant I would not have met minimum CRS cutoff score.
Please share process as well and pros and cons in either case.
If I was on this situation, I would marry now that my application is underway and add my spouse to my application if
1. I can raise the required POF
2. my spouse doesn't have any criminal or medical issues that can prevent both of us from getting PPRs.
Our CRS score doesn't change.
However if you wait till after you land, then you'd have to sponsor your spose after you've earned enough income IN Canada to be able to do so.

The only con to this is an extended application time but it sometimes even takes shorter than an a single applicant's normal processing time
and like Cansha said, it's easy to find these things online especially through this forum.
But 'cos I've been away from here for so long, I wanted to do something nice, so I searched for you. Here's a link that expressly answers your question. Good luck.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Reactions: prateekkhosla

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey guys
I am lost with this immigration nightmare. It has been 17 months since my AOR. Long story short, I am being sponsored by my husband who's Canadian. I live in Denmark, we went through lots of obstacles until we got our eligibility passed last May 2019. On May 29,2019 my file was sent to ss. My MED was expired on August 31,2019. After 24 days from the expiry date. The medical got extended and the status indicate as " Sept 24,2019 you passed your medical ".

The ultimate questions is ; extending medical is a positive sign ? Like maybe ss has gotten completed ? Or maybe PPR on it way ? Or just a routine process has no impact whatsoever?
If you share your knowledge and your experience from other members will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Hey Munaf,
I would say get CSIS or CBSA notes cos we've seen where extension of medicals meant SS had ended for some and for a few others didn't mean anything cos their PPR still took longer.
I think your CSIS notes may tell you more..

sorry about this painful delay, I wish you good luck.

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Wise Men & Women

What is the worst (in terms of months) that you have seen some body wait before they got the PPR, both the longest wait and longest wait with review required with employment ( if possible) ? Asking this just to be prepared for the worst.

I am in review required for employment and am waiting for 16 months now!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sorry for all questions but you guys are just great ( always hope because of you all particularly @cansha @Prashant86_2000 @Mr.nobody

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Wise Men & Women

What is the worst (in terms of months) that you have seen some body wait before they got the PPR, both the longest wait and longest wait with review required with employment ( if possible) ? Asking this just to be prepared for the worst.

I am in review required for employment and am waiting for 16 months now!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sorry for all questions but you guys are just great ( always hope because of you all particularly @cansha @Prashant86_2000 @Mr.nobody
Hello,

Well since you are asking for the worst case, there was a guy (it was in the news, but can't find the link now) who has been waiting for his pr since 1994 (almost 25 years)o_Oo_Oo_O
I have seen in the past people who waited for 2+ years, but they were all in SS. But for your case, don't worry, your case is not that complicated. Someone need to just pick it up.
However, if you have enough money, you can talk to a good immigration lawyer, there are ways that they can follow it up, but it may cost 4000-5000$.

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hello,

Well since you are asking for the worst case, there was a guy (it was in the news, but can't find the link now) who has been waiting for his pr since 1994 (almost 25 years)o_Oo_Oo_O
I have seen in the past people who waited for 2+ years, but they were all in SS. But for your case, don't worry, your case is not that complicated. Someone need to just pick it up.
However, if you have enough money, you can talk to a good immigration lawyer, there are ways that they can follow it up, but it may cost 4000-5000$.
Thats great information. Thanks.

A lawyer if I understand correctly is going to use some provision in the immigration law to force the department to act on the file. Cant we do the same if we know the provision?

Any body knows how and what such lawyers do?

Also any recommendations on the good lawyers?

Imtisaal

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Thank you dear

@cansha
Appreciate all the help that you render on this forum
Can you please guide me through following
Received this from MP office
Criminality in progress.

Eligibility requires review.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are expired – no action required at this time.

My file is in NDVO
AOR 5th Oct 2018
crossed 12 months and still waiting...raised CSE but received generic replies

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
@cansha
Criminality in progress.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

My file is in NDVO
AOR 5th Oct 2018
@cansha @tobs
Very similar situation as mine. AOR 17 July 2018. File was in Ottawa. Moved to NDVO in May.

My aunt is in Canada and she went to the MP office. The response was that eligibility is still under review security and criminality hasn't even started. Medicals got expired and they may request for a new one.

I cant explain my disappointment. 15 months and waiting. Background check hasn't even started. No matter what I do, they won't touch my file and do something for it to move. MP intervention also has not shown any movement. Now thinking of moving to Dubai. Just fed up of following up on Canada and knowing with each GCMS notes that they're not doing anything with the file.

dinh ngoc minh

Aug 10, 2018
How many people are still waiting? Me first and pls copy and add more:
1. Dinh AOR 20 Aug 18, Australia police check review required, Office Ottawa, Nothing move as of Nov 18, 2 times ordered GCMS, email to Ralph every 3 months, Call and send webform every months.
2. ......
3. ......

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha
Criminality in progress.

My file is in NDVO
AOR 5th Oct 2018
Have you ordered GCMS notes to see why your eligibility is under review?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha @tobs
Very similar situation as mine. AOR 17 July 2018. File was in Ottawa. Moved to NDVO in May.

My aunt is in Canada and she went to the MP office. The response was that eligibility is still under review security and criminality hasn't even started. Medicals got expired and they may request for a new one.

I cant explain my disappointment. 15 months and waiting. Background check hasn't even started. No matter what I do, they won't touch my file and do something for it to move. MP intervention also has not shown any movement. Now thinking of moving to Dubai. Just fed up of following up on Canada and knowing with each GCMS notes that they're not doing anything with the file.
Yeah that is disappointing to say the least. Unfortunately there is just no way for us to make them look at any file even if it has been delayed considerably. It is just a lottery.

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hi All,
Was speaking to a consultant here in India, they suggested going to the visa office in NDVO and or any immigration office in Canada personally and asking for the status and why is the file not moving. The consultant said it worked for one of their client.

Does some thing like this even work ?

abhinavashu

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
One more thing. NDVO does not even reply to mails. I have been sending one mail a month to them for the last 3 months. But have not got any reply from them.

Is this normal?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,
Was speaking to a consultant here in India, they suggested going to the visa office in NDVO and or any immigration office in Canada personally and asking for the status and why is the file not moving. The consultant said it worked for one of their client.

Does some thing like this even work ?
Haven't heard about this. Plus my guess would be the people who take call on PR would be based in Canada embassy / consulate and not in VFS office. I may be wrong. And if those folks are in embassy I don't see how you can just walk in without appointment and ask for status. But if he knows the details and it works and you have the time I would say go for it. Doesn't hurt to try every option possible.

rohanid6

May 23, 2018
One more thing. NDVO does not even reply to mails. I have been sending one mail a month to them for the last 3 months. But have not got any reply from them.

Is this normal?
Hi,
I’ve personally visited NDVO and the officials told me there would be no reply backs on email because they are good for nothing people. Hence sending out emails are like throwing Bricks in ocean and expecting them to float. Going to immigration officer in Canada in my personal opinion wouldn’t cause any movement as the cic agents on call themselves dust off their hands saying that the file in at local visa office which is out of their jurisdiction. But not tried it though so it’s just a gut feeling. Lastly I’ve been trying to set up an immigration lawyer here in delhi so will keep everyone updated whether they are in a position to help.