+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2016 Citizenship Applicants

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinakini2006 said:
My family application package was returned on the 15th of July because of the biographical pages of passport. We sent the package along with copies of all passport pages on the 25th of July. Initial application was received on the 27th of June.
What is the reason why they returned your application? Is it because you provided all the pages?

Michelle00

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canooknic said:
My husband's application started being processed on June 24th and he receive his test invite today (issued July 13th).
The test is in 2 weeks in Edmonton, but we will be in BC on that date so he now needs to write a letter to change the date - I'm terrified that it means he's now going to have to wait months for a new test date
Hey,
Were you able to change your test date with cic? I might be going out of the country for 2 weeks on a business trip. Now, I'm worried they'll ask me to do the test while I'm away.

Karpa957

Apr 11, 2012
Here's the latest from end -

App Mailed - June 22, 2016
App Delivered - June 27, 2016
AOR Received - July 19, 2016
In Process - July 20, 2016
Cit Test invite
Cit Test taken
Oath

pinakini2006

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
IELTS Request
sent with the initial application
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-10-2011
Med's Done....
04-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
as per the astrological predictions, April 2012....
The reason for returning the application was stated as the biographical pagesf from the passport were missing. Initially I submitted the first and last page but package which was returned didn't have those.

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khawaja2016 said:
Hi Kaka,
thanks very much for providing such a detailed information. Excel file provides fair view of whats happening across the country. Unfortunately for me its doesn't look great :mad:. I believe, as i live in Mississauga my case would be processed here and if that is the case average number of days for Mississauga seems way higher (around 130 days) if i compare it to country wide averages. Since my ecas shows processing started on july 13, 2016...i should chill and put my mind somewhere else. lol
I provided them my email address and i realized after your advise that i can also follow the link to discover Canada through ecas. i guess its too early to prepare for a test in my case so i would wait for few months before i hear from them.
thanks again for sharing!
regards,
khawaja

No worries,you are welcome. As far as the information about Discover Canada is concern, it is not complicated and only those important history of Canada had been highlighted.Don't worry to much about the exams, I noticed that there is a lot of mobile applications for Citizenship exams, that will help us.Frankly, I will take my exam soon,but as I used those free apps in the Internet, it increased my confidence.

IRL-CAN

Dec 20, 2010
Thought I should add my timeline to this informative forum/ stream!
Application received in sydney :June 20th
AOR on ECAS :July13th
In Process : July 26th
Test invite : Pending
Immigration office:Calgary

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just realized how dumb i was when I resubmit my application after they returned. I forgot to write my name on the Annex A of the cover letter they sent to me. I want to smash my head on the wall right now :mad:

So i think they will return again my documents :(

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRL-CAN said:
Thought I should add my timeline to this informative forum/ stream!
Application received in sydney :June 20th
AOR on ECAS :July13th
In Process : July 26th
Test invite : Pending
Immigration office:Calgary
Welcome to the forum!

You can add your timeline here https://goo.gl/4RDCUq, and I am also from calgary ;D

pinakini2006

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
IELTS Request
sent with the initial application
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Request
11-10-2011
Med's Done....
04-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
as per the astrological predictions, April 2012....
Ms.kaka said:
Welcome to the forum!

You can add your timeline here https://goo.gl/4RDCUq, and I am also from calgary ;D
suwail said:
I just realized how dumb i was when I resubmit my application after they returned. I forgot to write my name on the Annex A of the cover letter they sent to me. I want to smash my head on the wall right now :mad:

So i think they will return again my documents :(

Hmm... I missed the name part and filled it up just when I was about to mail the package. It gets hidden by the tonnes of paper underneath. I think they should overlook this mistake.

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinakini2006 said:
Hmm... I missed the name part and filled it up just when I was about to mail the package. It gets hidden by the tonnes of paper underneath. I think they should overlook this mistake.
Yes you're right, i didn't noticed that I need to fill the name at all. I checked all the documents like almost 10x. haisssttt, there's nothing I can do I hope they wont return and give consideration.

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ms.kaka said:
Welcome to the forum!

Hi-
I am also from Calgary and we plan to apply next month.
Any idea about current processing (application-oath) time for Calgary applicants?

idris_halai

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Toronto
Application sent on june 30th, delivered on july 4th, no AOR yet, I spoke to cic call centre, they have no tracking yet and officer is working on july 7th application now, is it good idea to prepare for fresh application?

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idris_halai said:
Application sent on june 30th, delivered on july 4th, no AOR yet, I spoke to cic call centre, they have no tracking yet and officer is working on july 7th application now, is it good idea to prepare for fresh application?
No, don't prepare another application. It took 31 days before I received AOR. My application was received on June 6, 2016 and AOR received on July 7, 2016. Just wait for 1 or 2 weeks more, and if you still can't receive AOR you may call them again. If they actually received your application, then it's not missing...it's there with them.

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darwaish said:
Hi-
I am also from Calgary and we plan to apply next month.
Any idea about current processing (application-oath) time for Calgary applicants?
Hi,

You can also check the data at https://goo.gl/4RDCUq for calgary,but usually 3 to 5 months from application to oath taking.However, I noticed June applicants was a little bit slow as compared from previous months.But, July is quite fast.