Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
ferna8 said:
Hi there,

Just wanted to share my timeline.

App received: June 14, 2013
Started processing app: October 8, 2013
Notice to write citizenship test sent: Dec 31

My written test is next week in Hamilton (I live in Oakville).

Cheers!
Congrats!

I lived in Oakville too. My app. rec'd Oct. 03, 2013.

SaffaMan

Jan 12, 2014
Posted our application on 11 June 2013.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 13, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 13, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on September 17, 2013.

Not sure if they notify us online when they transfer the file to my local office (Calgary)? Been reading some people get their citizenship in 7 months!

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaffaMan said:
Posted our application on 11 June 2013.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 13, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 13, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on September 17, 2013.

Not sure if they notify us online when they transfer the file to my local office (Calgary)? Been reading some people get their citizenship in 7 months!
When you sign in to the online application status page, do you see two lines showing status, Received by Visa office and In process ?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaffaMan said:
The first line shows: Received
The second line shows: In Process
Okay, this is as per my observation and replies from forum members, when you see your Received line disappear, then the file is transferred to local visa office and background checks start at that point.

I know this for sure since I monitor my online application status and observed the same.

You can call CIC to ask them your application status, has the file been transferred to a local visa office and if yes then when? You can update us and verify whether our observation is correct or not?

Good luck

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
rocky272727 said:
Okay, this is as per my observation and replies from forum members, when you see your Received line disappear, then the file is transferred to local visa office and background checks start at that point.
My Received line disappeared I called CIC and they said my file is still in Sydney. Previously they mentioned that background check had been started already.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kw8Un0NK said:
My Received line disappeared I called CIC and they said my file is still in Sydney. Previously they mentioned that background check had been started already.
Same thing happened to me. Give it two weeks. Your file will be sent to local office in 10 business days.

ferna8

Sep 24, 2009
ferna8 said:
Hi there,

Just wanted to share my timeline.

App received: June 14, 2013
Started processing app: October 8, 2013
Notice to write citizenship test sent: Dec 31

My written test is next week in Hamilton (I live in Oakville).

Cheers!
Update. I took the test this week. Everything went well. Test is easy but yes, you have to study the guide and take all the practice tests you can.

After the test we were interviewed by an officer. He asked some general questions (where do you work, etc), reviewed passport(s) and docs (PR card, IDs), asked about some stamps in my passport and gave me my test results. I was told that I should get an invitation for the Oath Ceremony within the next 2 months.

Hope this helps.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kw8Un0NK said:
They said background checks are still running...
You were told that the background checks were running in Sydney or Local office? I was told that I passed background verification (Sydney) and my file was sent to the local office (Montreal).

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
ferna8 said:
Update. I took the test this week. Everything went well. Test is easy but yes, you have to study the guide and take all the practice tests you can.

After the test we were interviewed by an officer. He asked some general questions (where do you work, etc), reviewed passport(s) and docs (PR card, IDs), asked about some stamps in my passport and gave me my test results. I was told that I should get an invitation for the Oath Ceremony within the next 2 months.

Hope this helps.
Congrats!! Thanks for sharing!!

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valerieg said:
I got my notice to appear for my test Feb 6! Very excited!!
great ....whats your local office ...

wish you all the good luck for the exam .......