+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2013 applications

Zaynab

Sep 12, 2013
Hi All

I called cic call center today and the agent told me that we have test on feb 17 in Mississauga

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Congrats Zaynab!

I called CIC today and I was told that my file is in transit to local office. My local office is Scarborough.

I guess since it is Scarborough I might have to wait a long time...

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
vancouver ans surrey are slow. we just have to wait so long its frustrating. ontario seems to be fastest

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
It really depends on what office you are being transferred in Ontario.
If you live in the GTA, the way it seems to be is:
People who need RQ = Scarborough or St. Clair
People who don't need pre-test RQ = Mississauga.

Although it's not confirmed Scarborough or St. Clair are strictly RQ. Just my observations reading posts in this forum.
Perhaps someone else can confirm?

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Since I am from May 31 - June 1, 2013 (month border-liner) I might as well post my timeline here with you, guys and gals:

Citizenship Application Status (on e-cas): In Process
Received application on: May 31, 2013
AOR: May 31, 2013
Started Processing Application: August 17, 2013
No RQ request so far.
Office: no idea.

Testing office: Mississauga.
Notice to appear for testing: January 20, 2014
Date for testing: February 4.

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckdry said:
vancouver ans surrey are slow. we just have to wait so long its frustrating. ontario seems to be fastest
I think Except Ontario & Montreal applicants ...rest all can sleep for an year .......i am from Calgary

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Peter_h,

I think you are right regarding Mississauga without RQ and St Claire and Scarborough with more RQ cases.

I guess I might get RQ if my file is being transferred to Scarborough. My neighbor's file got transferred to Mississauga and she got her citizenship in 8 months. She applied in April 2013, invitation for the test in November and she took the test end of November and early Dec 2013 she took her oath.

There is only one way to find out. Just wait I guess :)

If it is RQ, I have everything ready to send.
My PR renewal took only 58 calendar days and it was not urgent.

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
Yes, I didn't want to write that but the very good news is that you are prepared for the infamous RQ request.

It's like me, even though I'm going to Mississauga I'm fully prepared to be asked for the RQ or the lighter version of it called "Request for Documentary Evidence of your Residence in Canada" sometimes given during or after the interview. So I'm taking original documents in case they become hesitant about anything, I'll show them the proof to hopefully avoid any of such requests.

Being prepared is the best weapon in the arsenal, Dejaavu.

Best of luck,
Peter.

T1gr3ss

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2012
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2011
Passport Req..
13-Feb-2012 (letter received 17-Feb-2012, sent 22-Feb-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
16-Apr-2012 (ecas DM 19-Apr-2012, received 20-Apr-2012)
LANDED..........
09-May-2012
T1gr3ss said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 10, 2013.
I already received notice this week to write citizenship test next week :) do you have any idea how long the written exam is?

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks Peter_h!

Good luck on the test and good that you are taking extra documentation. That is wise.

I have nothing to worry about. I am not planning to move out of Canada and I met the physical residence requirement and I had a full time job at a reputable company since I came to Canada. It is a matter of when.

Canadian passport would be good to have but I am ok for now since I have 10 year US visa if I wanted to go to US.

It is best to have all the necessary documentation to prove residence and then just being patient with the process since we have no control of the process..

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Congrats T1gr3ss!

Not sure how long the exam is. But from what I read in the forum it shouldn't be more than an hour and then 10 minute or so interview with the citizenship officer.

Good luck!

May I ask what your local office is?

My application was received June 24. So one week after yours :) But my case seems to be long since my file is transit to Scarborough local office which is notorious for RQ cases and long waits...

T1gr3ss

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2012
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2011
Passport Req..
13-Feb-2012 (letter received 17-Feb-2012, sent 22-Feb-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
16-Apr-2012 (ecas DM 19-Apr-2012, received 20-Apr-2012)
LANDED..........
09-May-2012
Dejaavu said:
Congrats T1gr3ss!

Not sure how long the exam is. But from what I read in the forum it shouldn't be more than an hour and then 10 minute or so interview with the citizenship officer.

Good luck!

May I ask what your local office is?

My application was received June 24. So one week after yours :) But my case seems to be long since my file is transit to Scarborough local office which is notorious for RQ cases and long waits...
Thank you! I will be taking my exam at the Scarborough Civic Centre. May I ask what an RQ is? Is that something I will be getting after the exam?

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
T1grs3ss,

RQ can be issued after the test if the citizenship officer is not convinced that you met the residency obligation.

If you worked full time in the last four years, I would get a letter of employments, T4s, notices of assessment as a proof of your residency.

Also, from what I read in the forum and what I heard from friends and acquaintances, the citizenship officer will be checking your passport stamps and comparing to the residence calculator submitted as part of the citizenship application.

Good luck on the test!