+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2013 applications

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC first time ........Not sure if I can trust them or not .

As per Agent my file Transferred to local office ( Calgary ) in September ....but that doesn't sounds correct, because my file started processing sept 16th as per below...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 24, 2013.

We started processing your application on September 16, 2013.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC once told me the same. Gave me the LOT date which was similar to the processing date. I knew something was wrong. Fast forward 2 months, and I got to know my "real" transfer date.

vias said:
Called CIC first time ........Not sure if I can trust them or not .

As per Agent my file Transferred to local office ( Calgary ) in September ....but that doesn't sounds correct, because my file started processing sept 16th as per below...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 24, 2013.

We started processing your application on September 16, 2013.

ferna8

Sep 24, 2009
ferna8 said:
Hi there,

Just wanted to share my timeline.

App received: June 14, 2013
Started processing app: October 8, 2013
Notice to write citizenship test sent: Dec 31

My written test is next week in Hamilton (I live in Oakville).

Cheers!
Hi everyone,

I got my oath notice yesterday. Citizenship ceremony will be in two weeks. :)

Good luck to all and please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Nothing new on my end. I called CIC a few weeks ago and I was told my file is in transit to local office in Scarborough. Not sure how long it will take before I get a test invitation. Most of the people in the Mississauga local office have been lucky and Oakville seems to be fast as well.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
ferna8 said:
Hi everyone,

I got my oath notice yesterday. Citizenship ceremony will be in two weeks. :)

Good luck to all and please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!
Congrats !! did you travel during the 4 year period ?

ferna8

Sep 24, 2009
muzmil said:
Congrats !! did you travel during the 4 year period ?
Yes, I traveled to the USA (including many day trips to Buffalo, NY) and South America for up to 3 weeks for both, business and pleasure. Everything was declared in my application with details, except day trips.

Let me know if you have further questions.

@Dejaavu: Thank you for your kind words. All the best!

SLE

Sep 24, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new in this forum. This is my timeline:

1.- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 18, 2013.

2.- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.- We started processing your application on September 4, 2013.

I received the AOR and the book. I called CIC last week, and an agent told me that my background check is done, and that I will receive the test schedule in a few months. Hopefully this year.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Seems to be July applications are moving much faster than June applications based on the July thread here.

I just checked my ECAS. No change.

Zaynab

Sep 12, 2013
Hi All
Just back from the test at mississauga Passed with 100 score. Interview went fast - 5 minutes maximum. Was told that ceremony letter would be sent in mail.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
congrats Zaynab!

I wonder how long it takes for Scarborough office to schedule a test once the file is transferred there?

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SLE said:
Hello everyone, I'm new in this forum. This is my timeline:

1.- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 18, 2013.

2.- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.- We started processing your application on September 4, 2013.

I received the AOR and the book. I called CIC last week, and an agent told me that my background check is done, and that I will receive the test schedule in a few months. Hopefully this year.
Hi SLE,

What is your local office ? What city do you live in ?