+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
YES, But question is that my file will be in long que again and new visa officer will deal it or it will be sent again to same visa officer.?
I think it will be in que again,I’m not so sure but since it was returned you’re basically starting Over from the beginning.

OneilNvic

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hi I'm new on here, im a Canadian sponsoring my husband from Jamaica. Here is my timeline so far, im a July applicant.
Application sent: July 05th 2019
Application received: July 08th 2019
AOR1: September 05th 2019
Sponsor approved: October 03rd 2019
PA biometrics letter: October 1st 2019
PA medical letter: October 2nd 2019
PA biometrics received: October 4th 2019
PA medical pass: October 17th 2019
File transfered to KVO: October 23rd 2019
AOR2: October 31st 2019
And that's all so far, I guess the waiting begins for me. Good luck for everyone on here, and congratulations to the on

Samiamsam1*

Sep 13, 2019
App. Filed.......
July 22 2019
AOR Received.
September 3rd 2019
File Transfer...
October 1st 2019 to Nairobi
Med's Request
December 23rd 2019
Med's Done....
January 3rd 2020
Interview........
February 11 2020

Winsational

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone whose application has been transferred to local visa office get passport request or decision made in ECAS?
My application was received August 6th. I got a PPR letter last week (NOV 7th). My address is not in Canada or the US and the letter said to fill out this webform for instructions on where to send the documents (still waiting on the instructions). From what I've seen, I believe I have to send them to a VAC, the closest is NYC so I'm going to try that today I think **fingers crossed**. The PPR letter told me I had 30 days to send them the required info and I don't want to miss my window.

Reactions: Kugzi

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
My application was received August 6th. I got a PPR letter last week (NOV 7th). My address is not in Canada or the US and the letter said to fill out this webform for instructions on where to send the documents (still waiting on the instructions). From what I've seen, I believe I have to send them to a VAC, the closest is NYC so I'm going to try that today I think **fingers crossed**. The PPR letter told me I had 30 days to send them the required info and I don't want to miss my window.
Thank you for your sharing. Good luck!

belindanixon

Nov 13, 2019
Received this from the CIC:

As a final reminder, you must also complete the medical examination for you and all family members within 30 days of this letter if you have not done so previously. You are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the process of applying for permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with the principal applicant. This examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation section 70(1)(e).​

What do they mean by "family members"? I'm married to my husband (he's the sponsor) and we have no kids. Do my parents and siblings count? Do they want medical exam for:
A) My husband
B) My parents and siblings
C) All of them

Thanks!

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Outland Family Class Sponsorship
Sponsoring Applicant: Canadian
Primary Applicant: Ghanian

Application Received:
29th Jul. 2019
AOR: 21 Oct. 2019
SA Approval: 22 Oct. 2019
Biometric Fee Request: 21 Oct. 2019
Biometric Payment Receipt: 23 Oct. 2019
File Transfer to Ghana VO: 5 Nov. 2019
.... and now still waiting for BIL (Biometric Instruction Letter)....any help on timeline to get BIL and Medical Request Letter? Was hoping spouse would be home for Christmas

Last edited:

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019

Application Received:
29th Jul. 2019
.... and now still waiting for BIL (Biometric Instruction Letter)....any help on timeline to get BIL and Medical Request Letter? Was hoping spouse would be home for Christmas
Here is a thread for Accra visa office applicants so u can have an idea of how they work.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/

ChaoticRandom

Sep 20, 2019
Received this from the CIC:

As a final reminder, you must also complete the medical examination for you and all family members within 30 days of this letter if you have not done so previously. You are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the process of applying for permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with the principal applicant. This examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation section 70(1)(e).​

What do they mean by "family members"? I'm married to my husband (he's the sponsor) and we have no kids. Do my parents and siblings count? Do they want medical exam for:
A) My husband
B) My parents and siblings
C) All of them

Thanks!
My understanding is that it would just be your husband, but only if he is not a Canadian citizen or PR already (I think)

Definition of "family" here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#appendixA

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019

Application Received:
29th Jul. 2019
Also BIL can be between 2-4weeks or sometimes even more.