+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Also BIL can be between 2-4weeks or sometimes even more.
yeah...was hoping it would be sooner...saw some posts where people received within 24 hours, 10 days and yes, some are still waiting.....do you know if the medical request letter comes at the same time as BIL?

Reactions: Zikky

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
yeah...was hoping it would be sooner...saw some posts where people received within 24 hours, 10 days and yes, some are still waiting.....do you know if the medical request letter comes at the same time as BIL?
I know for sure the Accra visa office request for medical 5 months after cic received your app so there’s a possibility u might get medical with the BIL..I’m still awaiting medical request from Accra and I’m a July applicant.

EmmaShazma83

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys, we received PPR Oct 17 and we have sent the required documents. However I was lax in the sense that I used regular mail and had no tracking on it. Now our 30 days from PPR is nearly up and we have no way of knowing if our ppr package was received or was it lost along the way.

We are thinking to be on the safe side and send the requested documents a second time (this time expedited and with tracking) today, but we also checked the online account and there was an update that said Final Decision Application Approved dated November 13 (today).

I wonder if this means that our PPR submission was received? Or should we just play it safe and resend the requested documents anyway. I would like to avoid inundating CIC with redundant documents but I really have

belindanixon

Nov 13, 2019
I see. Thanks!
My husband is a Canadian citizen so I guess we don't need any extra med exams.

Samiamsam1*

Sep 13, 2019
App. Filed.......
July 22 2019
AOR Received.
September 3rd 2019
File Transfer...
October 1st 2019 to Nairobi
Med's Request
December 23rd 2019
Med's Done....
January 3rd 2020
Interview........
February 11 2020
Does anyone whose application has been transferred to local visa office get passport request or decision made in ECAS?
Mine was transferred to Nairobi..... they started processing on October 1st.... waiting for an update ...... ANYONE ELSE GET ANY OTHER UPDATES???

TabsAbroad

Sep 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
Was approved on the 9th.. How long does it typically take for them to mail the COPR?? The prepaid envalope I sent hasnt even been shipped yet ive checked the tracking code near religiously .. I knew they wouldnt ship Monday because its a stat holiday.. But waiting a week from approval? Is that normal?

TabsAbroad

Sep 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
Usually they sent it a day after it was approved. Its weekend so tracker maybe will be activated tomorrow.
Its been two buisness days since approval and still not active.. I am kinda worried.. I know with weekend and holiday they would wait till a proper buisness day.. But I'm getting anxious at this point. I would like to land after My husband And I celebrate Thanksgiving with my family in the US

Pari83

Oct 8, 2019
Received this from the CIC:

As a final reminder, you must also complete the medical examination for you and all family members within 30 days of this letter if you have not done so previously. You are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the process of applying for permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with the principal applicant. This examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation section 70(1)(e).​

What do they mean by "family members"? I'm married to my husband (he's the sponsor) and we have no kids. Do my parents and siblings count? Do they want medical exam for:
A) My husband
B) My parents and siblings
C) All of them

Thanks!
Only the principal applicant. You have no kids so simply since u are the principal applicant you should do the medical not the sponsor. And not your parents either since they aren't your dep
Received this from the CIC:

As a final reminder, you must also complete the medical examination for you and all family members within 30 days of this letter if you have not done so previously. You are required to have all your family members be examined as part of the process of applying for permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with the principal applicant. This examination of your non accompanying dependent is in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation section 70(1)(e).​

What do they mean by "family members"? I'm married to my husband (he's the sponsor) and we have no kids. Do my parents and siblings count? Do they want medical exam for:
A) My husband
B) My parents and siblings
C) All of them

Thanks!
It's for you. You are the principal applicant and u mentioned that your husband is the sponsor. So the medical is for you and you should do it not anyone else. They will mentioned family members but that only relates to people who have children either with their current partner or from a past marriage which you said you dont have children so simply the principal applicant needs to do the medical. Good luck.

Pari83

Oct 8, 2019
hey guys, we received PPR Oct 17 and we have sent the required documents. However I was lax in the sense that I used regular mail and had no tracking on it. Now our 30 days from PPR is nearly up and we have no way of knowing if our ppr package was received or was it lost along the way.

We are thinking to be on the safe side and send the requested documents a second time (this time expedited and with tracking) today, but we also checked the online account and there was an update that said Final Decision Application Approved dated November 13 (today).

I wonder if this means that our PPR submission was received? Or should we just play it safe and resend the requested documents anyway. I would like to avoid inundating CIC with redundant documents but I really have
Why dont you call them first?

Jrg5419

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-07-2019
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
File Transfer...
18-09-2019
Med's Request
13-09-2019
Med's Done....
15-09-2019
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
01-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
16-11-2019
Its been two buisness days since approval and still not active.. I am kinda worried.. I know with weekend and holiday they would wait till a proper buisness day.. But I'm getting anxious at this point. I would like to land after My husband And I celebrate Thanksgiving with my family in the US
Yes, they might have sent it tuesday. Allow 3-4 business days for delivery.

EmmaShazma83

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pretty sure if your GCKey says approved they got your PPR
We have already re-sent the PPR documents yesterday as we were too anxious about the 30 day period. We put a cover letter with apologies saying that this is a second submission in case they didn't get the first one. If indeed they have received the first submission, hopefully the officer won't be too inconvenienced to disregard the second submission.