Judicial review settlement offer

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
@sharmgop Just read your full thread.

Etobicoke is notorious for unforeseen delays
Yes sir! You’re right!
Etobicoke is worst
I personally know some people waiting there from years. Initially, when my file got transferred to this office, I heard back in 4 months. It could be one more reason, My application is not for study permit, it’s for permanent residence (inland spousal sponsorship).

Reactions: BA101

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Update: I got the gcms notes today before the Rule 9 notes, just one refusal reason on both Study permit application: that "Applicant's previous employment and educational history, their motivation to pursue studies in canada at this point does not seem reasonable. Clients transcript reflect low to low average prior scholastic history."

Just last semester there were some marks in the range of 55 on degree transcript, have so many awards and rewards, plus referrals from intern and volunteering, plus prospective job offer upon return from Canada etc. the course was relevant to the degree...

Now the lawyer draft a submission to argue this...

How can they decide based on grades, its so evident that they did not look at the second application submitted by a lawyer and stronger SOP.
Seriously it will be a big challenge for your lawyer on this line their motivation to pursue studies in canada at this point does not seem reasonable.

I prepared judicial review file for my wife and if that line comes in her gcms notes surely i need to find many past references in past cases where judge granted leave or granted JR. In my views as per my experience it will be very very tough for IRCC to offer you early settlement before leave granted even at hearing stage the chances are very less that judge grant you judicial review. Please dont be scare i am saying because i have studied thousands cases of study permit applications where judge dismissed the case for similar comments and your case may take one year for final decision. Settlement offer in my views a tough decision for ircc lawyer because of average of transcripts.

I pray for ur early success in shape of settlement

lisarogers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2021
Lets see what the lawyer has to say relating to this, fingers crossed, leaping on faith!! Faith can move mountains...

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Lets see what the lawyer has to say relating to this, fingers crossed, leaping on faith!! Faith can move mountains...
You really need to coordinate with ur lawyer even when he prepare applicant record you must study and give suggestions to lawyer. This kind of case you can win yourself so dont leave everything on lawyer. U also work out and give explanation against the notes and see if lawyer add these explanation in record

lisarogers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2021
Yes, for sure! IELST at 7.5, Grade 10 to 13 is in First class (85% above) Lots of awards from school for topping up in class. just final year, the grades have dropped a bit, and now since doing online course, have excellent grades t 80% and above with comments from professors, so lets see how this moves to the next level, i am confident this should settle, the lawyer is submitting the arguments to the lawyer and will see what comes of it by next week!! i will be reviewing it with lawyer for sure. he is a great guy.

mani127

Sep 9, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yeaterday, I called IRCC and asked them that when can I expect my file to reopen after settlement and she was totally clueless.She said we don’t come across such cases generally. I think it will be opened internally, but when nobody knows.It’s been more than a month, I got the settlement from ITCc

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
The lowest in counting, last year Warvan in this group file reopened in 2 weeks while the admin of this thread a irani lady who started this thread , her file reopened in 30 days and later 30 days visa was issued. Warvan after 2 week file reopened he was refused after 2 months and later again did JR and i think 6 months now he is wating for decision. Read this thread from start or find warvan and check his msges history

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
There are 3 people on study permit settlement who are waitng for file reopen. Me 20 days since receive judicial review settlement proposal, you from.30 days and more in this group 27 days. If there is anymore please ping here. Lets see which ones file reopen first

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
why are you wasting your own time with JR anyways if you can use that time to reapply from your home country ? are you still living in the delusion that some how UAE is your home country ? if you should get deported from canada will you be sent back to UAE ? or your home country
you are mistaking me for someone else mate

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
@marty90 i am not wasting my time in JR. My application were refused on 25 Jan. I applied JR and received settlement on 18 Feb. From this date to till now its like 3 weeks. I may get study visa this time after settlement received from ircc. Incase if refuse this time then i will apply from home country

Reactions: marty90

Okfine

Mar 15, 2022
Hello guys anyone waiting for rule 9 notes, my lawyer applied for rule 9 notes on 20 Jan 2022 , he advised me that we would receive it in about 45 days, but didn't heard anything yet.
The status on federal court website shows that the request for rule 9 to IRCC was sent on 2 March 2022.

Any inputs will be appreciated as it been so long , Why did IRCC sent request for rule to IRCC on 2 March as the same has been filed by my lawyer on 20 Jan. Is this delay common guys?

Or there is anything odd.

Thank You