+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

wellwisher93

Mar 6, 2015
my timeline looks a lot like yours, except my test result was updated april 25th 2022 and everything else still in progress, except BG completed May 2021, but it has technically expired.

I m curious as to the notes, do they mention anything at all that may be missing? or last time someone looked at your file?

I m not sure what is "normal" with IRCC these days, it s been a long process for sure, I think if there is nothing wrong in your notes at least they won't be additional delays when they do look at it again, but yeah it s not great. good luck!
All the paperworks are in order. But one of the IRCC agents mentioned there's an internal note 'Complex' to my file, and didn't give me a proper reason why it is complex. And GCMS notes doesn't have any entry on missing documents. ://

Agent just told me to wait.

In regards to complexity, only thing I can think of would be there Visa/entry/exit stamps in my passport. Majority of the Visa/Stamps are in Spanish, and one German Schengen Visa. So I provided IRCC with notarized English translation of all the passport pages.
I'm not sure if that's what holding it back.

Last edited:

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
All the paperworks are in order. But one of the IRCC agents mentioned there's an internal note 'Complex' to my file, and didn't give me a proper reason why it is complex. And GCMS notes doesn't have any entry on missing documents. ://

Agent just told me to wait.

In regards to complexity, only thing I can think of would be there Visa/entry/exit stamps in my passport. Majority of the Visa/Stamps are in Spanish, and one German Schengen Visa. So I provided IRCC with notarized English translation of all the passport pages.
I'm not sure if that's what holding it back.
this is a bit strange for sure, I wouldn't think visa stamps are that critical even in foreign languages, they should know of them.
One possible case is if they have issues getting the information they need from your country of origin. It is amazing you managed to talk to someone in the first place though.

I do not really understand how things work at IRCC though in that for me, and I assume for most people here, the majority of my submitted info overlaps with everything I already submitted (and they approved) for my PR application a few years before. So yes I have a few more trips abroad (and not much even due to covid) but language tests, education etc should all be the same and quick to check, it blows my mind that language is still "in progress" for me after nearly 2 years given that my native language is French and they have all my results from my PR application + my degrees (which are also in French).

Try your MP maybe? Mine was useless but you may have more luck.

This is becoming a problem for me I need to attend conferences before the end of the fiscal year (March) as part of my work and most of them are in the USA but I can't plan anything that far ahead, what if i get the oath but not the passport in time etc. PR card also expires next year, should I waste time and money to start the renewal process even if it might be entirely useless?

Reactions: wellwisher93

random3824

Jan 20, 2017
update for the tracker:

Oct 12, 2022: Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
Nov 16, 2022: You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 16, 2022

I haven't received the email yet.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
update for the tracker:

Nov 16, 2022: You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 16, 2022

You should receive it a week before your ceremony.

O’Canada111

Nov 19, 2020
Toronto
Anyone know how long it normally takes to get the oath after citizenship interview? The immigration officer told me that they have accepted my application and will be sending me a link to my oath ceremony but with no specific date. As for my applicatoln
AOR jan 28 2021
Test updated to complete april 28 2022
Interview scheduled and done October 28 2022.
Thanks and have a great weekend.

random3824

Jan 20, 2017
update for the tracker:

My email was sent on October 24. Went through the ceremony yesterday and 90% of it was awkwardly waiting in Zoom waiting rooms where a few people didn't know how to mute themselves. Plus about 5 minutes chatting with the agent and 15-20 minutes for the oath and ceremony. My VO office is Ottawa but the oath was handled by Niagara Falls.

Reactions: naten

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
update this morning: everything set to completed (language, presence and prohibition). All is green except ceremony: not started.
Things are finally moving, 23 months later~ Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: chanakyashah

riahif

Jan 5, 2013
Hello Guys,
I applied for citizenship Canada since January 2021, Each time there is an update on my application, but I can't see any messages. The last update was December 16, 2022.
The status in progress. What does it mean? Does it mean I will recieve a messgae later with furthe information? Have you been through the same situation?
Many thanks.

riahif

Jan 5, 2013
Hello Guys,
I applied for citizenship Canada since January 2021, Each time there is an update on my application, but I can't see any messages. The last update was December 16, 2022.
The status in progress. What does it mean? Does it mean I will recieve a messgae later with furthe information? Have you been through the same situation?
Many thanks.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello Guys,
Many thanks.
Yes Dec 16 lotof people got ''a ghost update" including myself ( I'm Oct 2020 applicant) ... Are you from Montreal's office?

Reactions: ih.un

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
ghost update for me too, still waiting on oath to start TT

By the way, does anybody know whether you need the 2 references when applying for the passport upon receiving the certificate?