+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

dangga00

May 31, 2013
Typically they will ask you to email them once you have physically arrived back in Canada (as they don't want to bother scheduling a second time if you aren't 100% for sure in Canada), and then they'll schedule you're oath. Sometimes they might accept proof of return ticket, and then they will schedule it for after you are scheduled to return. Depends on the person maybe on when they reschedule it.
Thank you for this. In our case it's a little different. Oath scheduled on Jul 28, but we have a plan to travel abroad around Sep 20. I believe we'll be asked to cut up the Permanent Resident cards, and we won't get the doc needed to apply for passport about a month after the oath. Getting a passport now takes a while. So it looks like the oath may likely interfere with our travel plan... . Is there a way around this? E.g. requesting an urgent doc for passport application after oath? TIA

antalya

Jul 4, 2018
Thank you for this. In our case it's a little different. Oath scheduled on Jul 28, but we have a plan to travel abroad around Sep 20. I believe we'll be asked to cut up the Permanent Resident cards, and we won't get the doc needed to apply for passport about a month after the oath. Getting a passport now takes a while. So it looks like the oath may likely interfere with our travel plan... . Is there a way around this? E.g. requesting an urgent doc for passport application after oath? TIA
I have requested urgent citizenship certification delivery, took the oath on Friday, expecting certification tomorrow and I will apply the passport again urgent.

Reactions: dangga00
Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Yes, when you cut up the permanent residence card, they'll ask if anyone has an urgent need for the citizenship certificate. They'll give you instructions of how to email the office to let them know that you urgently need your citizenship certificate right away - either to pick up (if you live close enough - best option!) or for mailing. In the meantime, I'd try to get an appointment at a passport office at least a couple of days before your travel plans. Alternatively, just show up within a week of when you are travelling and you are able to apply for urgent processing (for an extra fee). Apparently they are changing the process to allow those that have urgent travel to move to the front of the line, at some of the big offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, etc. I would check back for the details of how to get your passport processed urgently. I wouldn't mail my application. Only do it in person for the extra processing fee and pick up option.

Reactions: dangga00

dangga00

May 31, 2013
Yes, when you cut up the permanent residence card, they'll ask if anyone has an urgent need for the citizenship certificate. They'll give you instructions of how to email the office to let them know that you urgently need your citizenship certificate right away - either to pick up (if you live close enough - best option!) or for mailing. In the meantime, I'd try to get an appointment at a passport office at least a couple of days before your travel plans. Alternatively, just show up within a week of when you are travelling and you are able to apply for urgent processing (for an extra fee). Apparently they are changing the process to allow those that have urgent travel to move to the front of the line, at some of the big offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, etc. I would check back for the details of how to get your passport processed urgently. I wouldn't mail my application. Only do it in person for the extra processing fee and pick up option.
I have requested urgent citizenship certification delivery, took the oath on Friday, expecting certification tomorrow and I will apply the passport again urgent.
Thank you very much for this helpful info...!

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
so how did the oath go? congrats on becoming a canadian citizen!

LoneRider

Jul 4, 2017
Hi @CdnWifeLivingInThailand can you please update the tracker for me. I was hoping for a Canada Day present but I had already received it a couple days before. :D

Physical Presence: June 28, 2022
Prohibitions: June 28, 2022
Decision made: Around June 28, 2022 (I guess)
Oath invitation received: TBD
Oath date: TBD
Finally after waiting a couple months got an update. Can someone please update the tracker for me. Thank you very much everyone and glad to say this journey is almost over!

Oath invitation received: August 16, 2022
Oath date: September 20, 2022

islandqueen

Dec 25, 2011
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25,2016
AOR Received.
April 28 & second Aor June 10
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
Finally after waiting a couple months got an update. Can someone please update the tracker for me. Thank you very much everyone and glad to say this journey is almost over!

Congratulations! I'm also scheduled for the ceremony on the 20th.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017

Congrats! Finally some movement! Congrats on finally getting your oath date. The end is almost near!
Congratulations! I'm also scheduled for the ceremony on the 20th.
Congrats! I didn't see you on the January 2021 excel so didn't add the oath date for you.

Reactions: LoneRider