+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Sohaib89

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
I believe it’s Montreal based on the email address I got my test from.
Montreal and Niagara Falls office are the slowest. I am a June 2021 applicant and in the same situation. Since you are already on the 24 hour deadline, contact your MP and also raise a web form.

shinene2020

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Northwest Territories
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
I’ve actually raised two web forms in the past two weeks and sent two emails to the same email from the test notification. I got a response yesterday Simply saying it’s in process and there’s nothing I need to do. I’m writing the MP tonight.

Reactions: Sohaib89

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
my last update was november when all was (finally) marked as complete, i took the test back in April 2022. Still waiting on oath, my MP says there s nothing she can do and webform replies are generic. Frustrating process for sure

A$A$S$

Jan 29, 2023
Didn't know we have a forum like this. Would like to send my progress. Currently still waiting for oath and there is no update yet. Location is Vancouver.

• Jun 3, 2022 - Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
  • Jun 3, 2022 - Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
  • Jun 3, 2022 - Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed
  • Jun 3, 2022 - Language skills status has been updated to Completed
  • Apr 28, 2022 - Additional information required. We sent you a letter or email asking for some additional information. Send us the information as soon as possible if you haven’t done so already.
  • Apr 28, 2022 - Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Apr 28, 2022 - Interview required. You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on April 28, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Mar 4, 2022 - Scheduled for citizenship test
  • Feb 28, 2022 - Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • May 21, 2021 - Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Mar 18, 2021 - We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
  • January 12, 2021 - We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship)
Please what did you do when you received this message - Additional information required. We sent you a letter or email asking for some additional information. Send us the information as soon as possible if you haven’t done so already.

I received same message in January and i did not receive any mail or letter and not sure what to do.

riverbird

Feb 16, 2023
Please what did you do when you received this message - Additional information required. We sent you a letter or email asking for some additional information. Send us the information as soon as possible if you haven’t done so already.

I received same message in January and i did not receive any mail or letter and not sure what to do.
Hi A$A$S$, any update on your case?

I received the same request for additional information, but I haven't got any mail or email. May I know how you handled the case? Thank you.

A$A$S$

Jan 29, 2023
I tried to reach them on phone several times without luck, i raised a web form no luck, however, i reached them on twitter and the response was that if there is no actionable request, it MAY be a mistake. To my surprise, i got an invite for citizenship test on February 10 and i wrote it yesterday but there has not been any update.

Reactions: OTW5074

riverbird

Feb 16, 2023
I tried to reach them on phone several times without luck, i raised a web form no luck, however, i reached them on twitter and the response was that if there is no actionable request, it MAY be a mistake. To my surprise, i got an invite for citizenship test on February 10 and i wrote it yesterday but there has not been any update.
Thank you for sharing. I'll try reaching out to IRCC. I wish the best for your application.

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
ghost update for me March 2nd, but still nothing otherwise. I emailed my MP again now that I m way over the average processing time and surprisingly they asked follow up questions and said they l ll try and bring it up to IRCC so we ll see what comes from this....

A$A$S$

Jan 29, 2023
ghost update for me March 2nd, but still nothing otherwise. I emailed my MP again now that I m way over the average processing time and surprisingly they asked follow up questions and said they l ll try and bring it up to IRCC so we ll see what comes from this....
Let us hope for the best

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
well it took forever but FINALLY I have a date for the oath: May 30th, just got the update today in the tracker.

End of the process for me, best of luck to everybody still waiting. Not sure if contacting my MP helped or not but if you are still waiting, try it too.

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
well it took forever but FINALLY I have a date for the oath: May 30th, just got the update today in the tracker.

End of the process for me, best of luck to everybody still waiting. Not sure if contacting my MP helped or not but if you are still waiting, try it too.
Congrats. Seeing your office is Ottawa :confused:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Please my LPP changed to completed today but the Citizenship ceremony is not started, how long does yours take after LPP changed to completed before getting a date for your ceremony?
Whats your processing office. Mine is Ottawa and I am waiting since 03 Feb 2023 for Oath after LPP completed.