softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

Starting this thread for applicants of January 2021. I mailed my application today & it is expected to reach by 4th or 5th Jan.

Can anyone please share link of tracker?

Thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Reactions: softwaretesting

fizban

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015 IMM5409 Requested
AOR Received.
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
IP: 29-06-2015, DM: 03-07-2015, COPR: 11-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-09-2015
Yup, about to put ours in the mail on Jan 1st. Who's in charge of starting a new tracker :)

Reactions: softwaretesting

fizban

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015 IMM5409 Requested
AOR Received.
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
IP: 29-06-2015, DM: 03-07-2015, COPR: 11-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-09-2015
While waiting for a new spreadsheet:

Application Type: Solo
Physical Presence Days: 1,596
App Sent Date: Jan 1st, 2021
App Delivered Date: Currently In Transit
5 Year Eligibility: Jan 1st, 2016 - Dec 31st, 2020

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
** To the folks getting an error at the last step while submitting the online application (after successfully uploading the files) **

Below are my observations (It could be 100% spot on or totally wrong. Please don't quote me on this. :) If you think it's not accurate, feel free to ignore my post):
  • Signs that you would get an error at the last step (at the time of submission): After uploading the additional required and optional documents, if you refresh the page (or log out and log in again) and some or all of those files are not saved, there are high chances that your application will not be submitted successfully even after uploading those documents again.

• Potential Reason: If your details / file names / size / formats everything seems fine, there are chances that you have overlapping date/month entries for 'Work and School' or 'Immigration' or 'Residence' information or anywhere else in your application. (This point is more or less same as user ZZDown mentioned in previous post). So the error is NOT because of multiple entries but could be because of overlapping date/month entries (it could have happened indirectly because you have more entries). I mean to say even if you have multiple entries but if those are not overlapping in terms of date/month, you might be fine.

• Solution: Once you make sure that you don't have overlapping date/month entries in any of the applicable sections, in the Additional Required and Optional Documents section, if you refresh the page, your files would still be there. This could be the sign that your application will now be submitted successfully.

• Example: I made three entries in 'Work and School'.
    • Jan-2019 to Nov-2019: Job 1
    • Nov-2019 to Nov-2019: Unemployed (for 2 days due to job change)
    • Nov-2019 to Present: Job 2
    • At this point my additional documents were not getting saved and after uploading those again. I was getting error at the last step of submission.
    • I removed entry 'Nov-2019 to Nov-2019' for 2 days of unemployment, now my entries were like below (which makes sense system wise because system asked the information with reference to MM/YYYY and not DD/MM/YYYY) :
    • As soon as I made that correction, my additional documents were also saved properly (even though I refreshed the page) and I could submit the application immediately.
    • As per the posts of Users ZZDown and destiny2016, they removed some entries (and added it in separate file). That would have indirectly removed overlapping date/month entries and resulted in successful submission.

• Conclusion: If you are not able to submit the application successfully, it's not (only) because of IRCC system bug. There are high chances that there's difference in the way you have provided the information / documents vs the way system expects the information. Reason could be same as mine or like it's mentioned by some other users. Now till the time IRCC enhances the online tool with better error handling and messages, you can double check, correct the required data and try to submit the application. It should go through.
Good luck everyone!

heartcanada

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Brought me to this new thread.

App. Type: Single
Physical presence days: 1,158
App. Sent: Dec 24, 2020
App. Delivered: Jan 4, 2021

gowdhartha

Jan 4, 2021
While waiting for a new spreadsheet:

Application Type: Solo
Physical Presence Days: 1,134
App Sent Date: Jan 4th, 2021
App Delivered Date: Jan 8th, 2021(expected)
5 Year Eligibility: Jan 3rd, 2016 - Jan 2nd, 2021

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi I applied for my wife online application on Jan-2. Thank you

gowdhartha

Jan 4, 2021
** To the folks getting an error at the last step while submitting the online application (after successfully uploading the files) **

Below are my observations (It could be 100% spot on or totally wrong. Please don't quote me on this. :) If you think it's not accurate, feel free to ignore my post):
  • Signs that you would get an error at the last step (at the time of submission): After uploading the additional required and optional documents, if you refresh the page (or log out and log in again) and some or all of those files are not saved, there are high chances that your application will not be submitted successfully even after uploading those documents again.

• Potential Reason: If your details / file names / size / formats everything seems fine, there are chances that you have overlapping date/month entries for 'Work and School' or 'Immigration' or 'Residence' information or anywhere else in your application. (This point is more or less same as user ZZDown mentioned in previous post). So the error is NOT because of multiple entries but could be because of overlapping date/month entries (it could have happened indirectly because you have more entries). I mean to say even if you have multiple entries but if those are not overlapping in terms of date/month, you might be fine.

• Solution: Once you make sure that you don't have overlapping date/month entries in any of the applicable sections, in the Additional Required and Optional Documents section, if you refresh the page, your files would still be there. This could be the sign that your application will now be submitted successfully.

• Example: I made three entries in 'Work and School'.
    • Nov-2019 to Nov-2019: Unemployed (for 2 days due to job change)
    • At this point my additional documents were not getting saved and after uploading those again. I was getting error at the last step of submission.
    • I removed entry 'Nov-2019 to Nov-2019' for 2 days of unemployment, now my entries were like below (which makes sense system wise because system asked the information with reference to MM/YYYY and not DD/MM/YYYY) :
    • As soon as I made that correction, my additional documents were also saved properly (even though I refreshed the page) and I could submit the application immediately.
    • As per the posts of Users ZZDown and destiny2016, they removed some entries (and added it in separate file). That would have indirectly removed overlapping date/month entries and resulted in successful submission.

• Conclusion: If you are not able to submit the application successfully, it's not (only) because of IRCC system bug. There are high chances that there's difference in the way you have provided the information / documents vs the way system expects the information. Reason could be same as mine or like it's mentioned by some other users. Now till the time IRCC enhances the online tool with better error handling and messages, you can double check, correct the required data and try to submit the application. It should go through.
Good luck everyone!
Hi,
I was under the impression that the citizenship application process was paper-based and not online. Am I missing something?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I was under the impression that the citizenship application process was paper-based and not online. Am I missing something?
They have started accepting online applications on trial basis from single applicants. For families, it is only paper based.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there..
I have a weird situation. I sent all my documents for the citizenship yesterday and today I found out that CIC don't accept IELTS Academic version , however i did sent that by mistake.. I do have IELTS general report too(expired) but I did not sent that...I called the CIC call center. They asked to wait as CIC might just return the entire file back or ask for additional documents...any one has experienced this situation before?
If you start a new thread with your query, there is higher chance of getting answer. Since this thread will be checked primarily by Jan-2021 applicants only.