Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
ITA28 Nov 2018
Aor 15 Jan 2019
Mep 27 Feb 2019
Biometrics 28 March 2019
Visa Office is London
Transferred my File from OTTAWA to London on 16 April 2019 due to workload

No Movemeb=nts at all after that, No ghost updates, no ADRs, Got GCMS notes from 15 May 2019 states the following

Criminality Pass
Eligibility and Security Not started. Currently at 21 June 2019 No idea what's going on with my file.

Anyone from Jan AOR experiencing delays?

Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
Today I received my GCMS notes, which I had applied on May 20, 2019.
Moreover, on checking my CIC Profile received Ghost Update and saw that Background checking has started.
Fingers crossed, at least level of anxiety has reduced.
you're Lucky that there are some updates and the file is moving

Reactions: anas_alam

Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
Can anyone advise whether there is a time period between when you receive your PPR email and the time to land in Canada? In other words. what's the maximum time period they give you to land in Canada to complete the PR process?
You should land before your medical expires

anas_alam

Mar 23, 2019
Karachi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
you're Lucky that there are some updates and the file is moving
Never complained :);), By the way how do you check the Office(s) which are processing the case from GCMS Notes.

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
ITA28 Nov 2018
Aor 15 Jan 2019
Mep 27 Feb 2019
Biometrics 28 March 2019
Visa Office is London

No Movemeb=nts at all after that, No ghost updates, no ADRs, Got GCMS notes from 15 May 2019 states the following

Criminality Pass
Eligibility and Security Not started. Currently at 21 June 2019 No idea what's going on with my file.

I am almost in the same situation as you. My ITA is the same as yours. AOR Jan 25, MEP March 7, Biometrics March 18.

No update since then. And my file is in the dreaded Montreal VO and I have only 34 days remaining in my timeline.

Fias34

Feb 5, 2019
Today I received my GCMS notes, which I had applied on May 20, 2019.
Moreover, on checking my CIC Profile received Ghost Update and saw that Background checking has started.
Fingers crossed, at least level of anxiety has reduced.
Good at least you feel better... Btw what's the BG status in your MyCIC account? Is it in progress or processing.. hope your BG will be clear soon...

Reactions: anas_alam

Fias34

Feb 5, 2019
Can anyone advise whether there is a time period between when you receive your PPR email and the time to land in Canada? In other words. what's the maximum time period they give you to land in Canada to complete the PR process?
The time limit is mentioned on COPR and it will be 1 year from the day you took medical test...
For example I am Jan 22 AOR but I took medical on December 15, so if I receive PPR before December I can Land till December 14...

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
My case is similar, Jan 28 AOR, file also transferred to London due to workload. From what I've heard, London VO are notorious for delaying beyond 6 months. There's a separate London thread here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/london-visa-office-applicants-lets-connect-here.406986/page-508
ITA28 Nov 2018
Aor 15 Jan 2019
Mep 27 Feb 2019
Biometrics 28 March 2019
Visa Office is London

Criminality Pass

anas_alam

Mar 23, 2019
Karachi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
Good at least you feel better... Btw what's the BG status in your MyCIC account? Is it in progress or processing.. hope your BG will be clear soon...
Many thanks @Fias34 , the exact message on the profile reads:
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Unquote

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
I have a question for the people who received their PPRs. Did you get the email during EST working hours?

randomdude

Star Member
May 15, 2019
It's really frustrating... CIC claims an important factor for expedited processing is completeness and things like ADR might slow things down, but it turns out it's a lie. They say they'll attend to application on a first in first out basis, that's another lie. The devastating effect it's having on my family and work makes it even worse. My BP is everywhere, I cant focus and I feel like a failure of a man to my family. My wife and me can't go a full month without arguing over the processing delays with her crying and sending me into weeks of depression. I know it will be worth it, but the damages it's causing might take a while to heal.
Remember that above all, life is short. Everything is temporary. The wait makes it feel eternal. I know that because I am in the same boat as you. Nothing in life is worth worrying over especially if it affects your health (BP). Do you want to live longer or die sooner? Canada is just a country. At the end of the day, it's up you to make yourself happy. Everything else shouldn't matter after that. You can find yourself in the worst place on earth yet live such a fulfilling life that makes everyone in Canada jealous. This is not to undermine Canada as a country. In fact, this should only serve as a reminder to put things in perspective for all of us. We all want to make Canada a home where we realize our hopes and dreams.

Nothing in life is worth stressing over. It's very hard not worry. I myself am as guilty as everyone else. Try to relax, spend some quality time with your wife. Time flies by when you are having a good time.

The past is the past, the present is what you choose it to be and the future is unknown.

The actual work starts once you arrive in Canada. This whole process is just a ticket. Eventually, Canada is what you make it to be.

By the end of the 6 months mark, call IRCC and ask them for more information. They strive to complete applications within that timeline and they should be able to provide with you an explanation.

If this was up to me, you will get your PPR right now. :)

Last edited: