Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-12-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
26-02-2019
AOR: 16 Jan 2019 MEP: 26 Feb 2019 BG: We are processing - August 7, 2019. FILE APPROVED: August 7, 2019. Landing Interview : August 15, 2019.
So Guys I finally got my Landing Interview email from Etobicoke CIC office. My PR appointment is scheduled on Aug 15, 2019. Finally everything done. #God Bless everyone #EveryonegetsPRintime @SithLord Sorry to to hear about your file bid. F**k 9 months is way long but I have seen cases for PR in 438 even 480 days. But that's not fair. Usually some officers get replaced and another officers pick up your file and assessments starts again. I don't know honestly and no one does how CIC operate. But take my words. Whatever happens happens for a reason. Continue with your life guys. Don't pay too much attention and One day you'll receive that golden email which everyone is desperately waiting for. I would just shut up here hahahaha.... Cheers!! If anyone got any queries I am happy to answer. Take care.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
AOR: 16 Jan 2019 MEP: 26 Feb 2019 BG: We are processing - August 7, 2019. FILE APPROVED: August 7, 2019. Landing Interview : August 15, 2019.
So Guys I finally got my Landing Interview email from Etobicoke CIC office. My PR appointment is scheduled on Aug 15, 2019. Finally everything done. #God Bless everyone #EveryonegetsPRintime @SithLord Sorry to to hear about your file bid. F**k 9 months is way long but I have seen cases for PR in 438 even 480 days. But that's not fair. Usually some officers get replaced and another officers pick up your file and assessments starts again. I don't know honestly and no one does how CIC operate. But take my words. Whatever happens happens for a reason. Continue with your life guys. Don't pay too much attention and One day you'll receive that golden email which everyone is desperately waiting for. I would just shut up here hahahaha.... Cheers!! If anyone got any queries I am happy to answer. Take care.
Congrats and good luck!!

ocanadaocanada

Star Member
May 1, 2019
My file was in Edmonton before, and unfortunately this is one of slowest VO, my file was transferred to Vancouver VO couple weeks ago, no update so far
Me. My background you can see in my signature. Criminality passed on June 02.

After crossing 6 months, on July 24, I got to know my eligibility not met from agents and Goodale. My last hope is agents mentioned “this is not a final decision yet”.

Their working hours should be Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm local time in Canada. (Wow, I got first to know this, since I have used call back option and get their connection after 4pm in Toronto time)
Thanks, I will try next week! I am from China too, so guess we are burned in the same pot now lol

Reactions: JssAmA

kadir_kad

Dec 10, 2013
I actually have no clue. I went through a lawyer and he didnt update me untill today. I did leave an inquiry to cic through them last month but they said application is in process (generic reply).
I am glad that the long wait is finally over. I hope everyone get their golden email soon. TBH Jan aor thread will soon be over and everyone will have their PR in their hand. Dont lose hope guys!!! The process is definitely slow but trust me it only makes it more special when you will have it.

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Hi lovely people. On 2 August I raised 3 cse and got such a plain hopeless reply
Good day xxxxxx

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests
I specifically asked eligibility etc .. I guess they are bored of opening our. File .

Reactions: Amanjot7

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
@rushi.gada friend u wrote to Ahmed husssain??? So early ! I am at 194 day .. should I also write.. just a thought.. because at this stage anyone like us will do anything that might trigger application.. good day

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Pradeep.Kumar

Aug 9, 2019
What things are assessed in eligibility and security????
How long does it take to pass these two stages if the file is open??
Eligibility comprises of review and verfication of the following:
  • work experience
  • valid job offer
  • language skills
  • funds
Basically, they will check if you have scored the points you are claiming. if not, then your file will be in review for further verfication (thats when it says review required).

Criminality and security both of them are part of background check (this is done to check if you are / aren't a threat to the country). Refer to the below information that they check:

Security - done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies and its starts once your application is ready / sent to main case officer for decision. Security includes the following:
  • 34 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on security grounds for
    • (a) engaging in an act of espionage that is against Canada or that is contrary to Canada’s interests;

• (b) engaging in or instigating the subversion by force of any government;

• (b.1) engaging in an act of subversion against a democratic government, institution or process as they are understood in Canada;

• (c) engaging in terrorism;

• (d) being a danger to the security of Canada;

• (e) engaging in acts of violence that would or might endanger the lives or safety of persons in Canada; or

• (f) being a member of an organization that there are reasonable grounds to believe engages, has engaged or will engage in acts referred to in paragraph (a), (b), (b.1) or (c).
Serious criminality - (done thru your pcc mostly)

• 36 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of serious criminality for
    • (a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years, or of an offence under an Act of Parliament for which a term of imprisonment of more than six months has been imposed;

• (b) having been convicted of an offence outside Canada that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years; or

• (c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years.

Criminality

(2) A foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of criminality for
  • (a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by way of indictment, or of two offences under any Act of Parliament not arising out of a single occurrence;

• (b) having been convicted outside Canada of an offence that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament, or of two offences not arising out of a single occurrence that, if committed in Canada, would constitute offences under an Act of Parliament;

• (c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament; or

• (d) committing, on entering Canada, an offence under an Act of Parliament prescribed by regulations.
Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

instrau

Jul 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

Today I finally got the landing interview appointment email, more than two weeks after my application got approved.
The weird thing is that I received it directly in my email account even though my cic account has my consultant's email configured, and she didn't receive anything. Is it possible that the PPR email got lost somehow? Or I won't need to send my passport since I'm already living in Canada?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
called cic yesterday , strange and confusing , i had raised a webform request on 9 july ,called on 26 July , the agent said that the file was last touched on 23 july and if there is no action taken then you can ask agent to send a reminder on 9 Aug as it will be 1 month for the webform request . Called om 9 Aug but the agent said that he cannot send a reminder as the status is ' its review required by an officer and he will get in touch if required'". Thus the file is not moving it seems. But raised a gcms notes on 17 july and again on 8 Aug to know the latest status
Jan 4 AOR, VO -CIO Sidney , NS. Seems NS is the slowest of all the VO, Thus in 8th Month now
Anyone else in the same boat and held up in NS VO. Thanks