+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I also received this exact same response.
You wrote to Ahmed too?
I specifically complained about the ambiguity surrounding application processing and also the delay. I write the email asking for a clear status and also is I am required to submit anything etc. the reply from them answered all my questions and did not look scripted. Surprised you got the same reply.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
called cic yesterday , strange and confusing , i had raised a webform request on 9 july ,called on 26 July , the agent said that the file was last touched on 23 july and if there is no action taken then you can ask agent to send a reminder on 9 Aug as it will be 1 month for the webform request . Called om 9 Aug but the agent said that he cannot send a reminder as the status is ' its review required by an officer and he will get in touch if required'". Thus the file is not moving it seems. But raised a gcms notes on 17 july and again on 8 Aug to know the latest status
Jan 4 AOR, VO -CIO Sidney , NS. Seems NS is the slowest of all the VO, Thus in 8th Month now
Anyone else in the same boat and held up in NS VO. Thanks
Not the same processing center but 5th Jan AOR so not far off in terms of time. Don’t worry, it will happen soon. :) Order GCMS notes if you can

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
You wrote to Ahmed too?
I specifically complained about the ambiguity surrounding application processing and also the delay. I write the email asking for a clear status and also is I am required to submit anything etc. the reply from them answered all my questions and did not look scripted. Surprised you got the same reply.
@SithLord here is what I had written -

Writing to you to share a small feedback. The current processing of several applications is extremely slow and also outside of the suggested 6 months.
While it is understood that a process like immigration can take longer, why can’t CIC give a date to it? Us hopeful immigrants are hinging everything on the CICs decision and lives in our home country often take a back seat in the long and unexpected wait time.

Would request your office to at least suggest what the delay is for in my application and if i can submit any additional documents to help speed things up? Would be ever so greatful to you if you could tell me how long is the decision going to take?
--
Sincerely”

Reactions: ranjitrajkumar

Amanjot7

Jun 25, 2019
Passport Req..
15-08-19
Eligibility comprises of review and verfication of the following:
  • work experience
  • valid job offer
  • language skills
  • funds
Basically, they will check if you have scored the points you are claiming. if not, then your file will be in review for further verfication (thats when it says review required).

Criminality and security both of them are part of background check (this is done to check if you are / aren't a threat to the country). Refer to the below information that they check:

Security - done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies and its starts once your application is ready / sent to main case officer for decision. Security includes the following:
  • 34 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on security grounds for
    • (a) engaging in an act of espionage that is against Canada or that is contrary to Canada’s interests;

• (b) engaging in or instigating the subversion by force of any government;

• (b.1) engaging in an act of subversion against a democratic government, institution or process as they are understood in Canada;

• (c) engaging in terrorism;

• (d) being a danger to the security of Canada;

• (e) engaging in acts of violence that would or might endanger the lives or safety of persons in Canada; or

• (f) being a member of an organization that there are reasonable grounds to believe engages, has engaged or will engage in acts referred to in paragraph (a), (b), (b.1) or (c).
Serious criminality - (done thru your pcc mostly)

• 36 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of serious criminality for
    • (a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years, or of an offence under an Act of Parliament for which a term of imprisonment of more than six months has been imposed;

• (b) having been convicted of an offence outside Canada that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years; or

• (c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years.

Criminality

(2) A foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of criminality for
  • (a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by way of indictment, or of two offences under any Act of Parliament not arising out of a single occurrence;

• (b) having been convicted outside Canada of an offence that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament, or of two offences not arising out of a single occurrence that, if committed in Canada, would constitute offences under an Act of Parliament;

• (c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament; or

• (d) committing, on entering Canada, an offence under an Act of Parliament prescribed by regulations.
Hope this helps :)
Thanks a ton @rushi.gada

Amanjot7

Jun 25, 2019
Passport Req..
15-08-19
  • work experience
  • valid job offer
  • language skills
  • funds
Basically, they will check if you have scored the points you are claiming. if not, then your file will be in review for further verfication (thats when it says review required).

Criminality and security both of them are part of background check (this is done to check if you are / aren't a threat to the country). Refer to the below information that they check:

Security - done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies and its starts once your application is ready / sent to main case officer for decision. Security includes the following:
  • 34 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on security grounds for
    • (a) engaging in an act of espionage that is against Canada or that is contrary to Canada’s interests;

• (b.1) engaging in an act of subversion against a democratic government, institution or process as they are understood in Canada;

• (e) engaging in acts of violence that would or might endanger the lives or safety of persons in Canada; or

• (f) being a member of an organization that there are reasonable grounds to believe engages, has engaged or will engage in acts referred to in paragraph (a), (b), (b.1) or (c).

• 36 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on grounds of serious criminality for
    • (a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years, or of an offence under an Act of Parliament for which a term of imprisonment of more than six months has been imposed;

• (b) having been convicted of an offence outside Canada that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years; or

• (c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years.

Criminality

• (a) having been convicted in Canada of an offence under an Act of Parliament punishable by way of indictment, or of two offences under any Act of Parliament not arising out of a single occurrence;

• (b) having been convicted outside Canada of an offence that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament, or of two offences not arising out of a single occurrence that, if committed in Canada, would constitute offences under an Act of Parliament;

• (c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament; or

• (d) committing, on entering Canada, an offence under an Act of Parliament prescribed by regulations.
Any idea how long does the eligibility and security takes to complete after criminality has been completed??

Reactions: rushi.gada

Amanjot7

Jun 25, 2019
Passport Req..
15-08-19
  • work experience
  • valid job offer
  • language skills
  • funds

Criminality

Thanks a ton @Pradeep.Kumar

Smith261215

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi lovely people. On 2 August I raised 3 cse and got such a plain hopeless reply
Good day xxxxxx

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests
I specifically asked eligibility etc .. I guess they are bored of opening our. File .
Don't lose hope buddy. i had no information about my application since feb. after 7 months of aor i called them (a day before i got my ppr email) and the response was everything is okay in your case and we will contact you if we need any information. no hope no assurance and next day out of nowhere i got ppr email. So it can be any day any moment. prayers for all of you waiting. i know how hard it is i really do.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
@rushi.gada I really appreciate how you take time regularly and try to help everyone in whatever capacity you can. this world surely need more helping people like you. i wish you get your golden email really soon ! prayers !!
I am humbled by your kind words buddy. I have received more help here then I have given .. love this forum for all the support and nice people here

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
You wrote to Ahmed too?
Well, how specific can anyone get? Everyone would have the same questions/concerns, so seems to me his reply wouldn't have to be too different to begin with. It looked highly scripted to me.. I was about to email him myself until I saw your paste of his response :( It's unfortunate..

IRCC records confirm that your application for permanent residence is being actively processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, and that this application is currently in queue to be reviewed by immigration officials.
According to me, ^this is the only paragraph (along with the application date) where your application may have been looked into (maybe like reading the cover of a book)... And even that is generic (every application is "being processed" and "in queue")! Scan every other paragraph and you'll realize that's exactly what he could have sent for every other inquiry. Typical "non-answer", which IRCC seems to be exceedingly good at giving..
If they truly answered our concerns and put our hearts and minds at ease, would we need to be on this forum?

My suspicion only seemed to be confirmed when @SithLord responded with his experience

I certainly don't mean to discourage you @rushi.gada but I don't think emailing this guy is a viable way out of this mess

Hope to be proven wrong though, and you get PPR very quickly, and we'll all probably go email him! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: SithLord

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Any idea how long does the eligibility and security takes to complete after criminality has been completed??
It’s theoretically impossible to define timelines with CIC as we all know now.. but great avg and stats on the net indicate background to run anywhere between 30-45 days

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Don't lose hope buddy. i had no information about my application since feb. after 7 months of aor i called them (a day before i got my ppr email) and the response was everything is okay in your case and we will contact you if we need any information. no hope no assurance and next day out of nowhere i got ppr email. So it can be any day any moment. prayers for all of you waiting. i know how hard it is i really do.
Thanku friend for giving hope . I know good days are near and I am trying to remain positive but somedays I give up hopes ... other day in high spirits...