+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Amanjot7

Jun 25, 2019
Passport Req..
15-08-19
What things are assessed in eligibility and security????
How long does it take to pass these two stages if the file is open??

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi all, if you all remember, few weeks back I had emailed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship- Canada. While i had given up the hopes of getting a response, here is what I got in the email sometime back:

Thank you for your correspondence of July 18, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) understands that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

Processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today.

IRCC records confirm that your application for permanent residence is being actively processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, and that this application is currently in queue to be reviewed by immigration officials.

I regret that I am unable to provide a precise timeframe for the completion of this application, however, please be assured that you will be contacted should additional information or documentation be required, or once a final decision has been made.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,
P. Rivard

Ministerial Enquiries Division

Maybe this was just the push I needed. Fingers crossed now :)
Key to note that this isn’t a generic reply but it answers the concerns I had raised about slow processing etc

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Amanjot7

Jun 25, 2019
Passport Req..
15-08-19
Hi buddy, eligibility is the review of the CRS score and security is criminality and background.. background takes the longest (4-5weeks)
Wat if criminality is passed ???? Then how long will it take to complete the background check??

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
Anyone's VO is Edmonton? Haven't seen many people report update from this VO... My file hasn't been touched since April 2...

Btw, does anyone know the working hours for CIC calling centre? Planning to call next week but don't want to call during my working hours...hope they open early and close late lol
My file was in Edmonton before, and unfortunately this is one of slowest VO, my file was transferred to Vancouver VO couple weeks ago, no update so far

Reactions: rushi.gada

Pradeep.Kumar

Aug 9, 2019
FSW-O (Ottawa): Percentage applications pending as per Immi Tracker (as of today)
May-19: 100.0
Apr-19: 60.5
Mar-19: 56.2
Feb-19: 38.9
Jan-19: 42.3
Dec-18: 12.0
Nov-18: 10.9
Oct-18: 9.2
Sep-18: 5.0
Aug-18: 1.8
Jul-18: 3.4
Jun-18: 2.5

Lot of action left for January. Stay positive. Keep the good vibes coming. It is going to happen soon.
Hi, thats a great observation and good job, but I personally do not rely on immitracker data, reason being, in one year there are over 80k applications for PR thru EE only, however, immitracker only have data of few thousands. Just be patient, if there is no news from IRCC it does not mean that something is wrong :)

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Anyone's VO is Edmonton? Haven't seen many people report update from this VO... My file hasn't been touched since April 2...

Btw, does anyone know the working hours for CIC calling centre? Planning to call next week but don't want to call during my working hours...hope they open early and close late lol
Me. My background you can see in my signature. Criminality passed on June 02.

After crossing 6 months, on July 24, I got to know my eligibility not met from agents and Goodale. My last hope is agents mentioned “this is not a final decision yet”.

Their working hours should be Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm local time in Canada. (Wow, I got first to know this, since I have used call back option and get their connection after 4pm in Toronto time)

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Any idea what happens if Medical is expired? My application has crossed 6 months in July.
My medicals expire in Sept 2019.
My spouse's medicals expired by end of Jun 2019.
I am FSW-O (residing in US). My spouse is in Canada on a WP.

Will they ask for new medicals? Or will just extend it given the fact that my spouse resides in Canada and I am in US. For my spouse, remedicals is not much of an issue. It costs just 200CAD in Canada. But in US, it costs upwards of 600 USD :( and I have to travel for a couple of hours to reach there. So for me and my child, it will cost about 1000 USD for medicals alone.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I got the same response on 25th July after an agent sent a reminder on 23rd July.
Aor 20 Jan.. still waiting to hear from them
I was told that this reminder sometimes trigger them to open the file and pass it with a week or two.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi all, if you all remember, few weeks back I had emailed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship- Canada. While i had given up the hopes of getting a response, here is what I got in the email sometime back:

Thank you for your correspondence of July 18, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) understands that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

Processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today.

IRCC records confirm that your application for permanent residence is being actively processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, and that this application is currently in queue to be reviewed by immigration officials.

I regret that I am unable to provide a precise timeframe for the completion of this application, however, please be assured that you will be contacted should additional information or documentation be required, or once a final decision has been made.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,
P. Rivard

Ministerial Enquiries Division

Maybe this was just the push I needed. Fingers crossed now :)
I also received this exact same response.