+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received a negative response from IRCC yesterday saying that they couldn’t process my request for travel exemption. I’m a PR visa holder with a valid COPR. My extended family member is a Canadian citizen and resident. I submitted all the necessary details and supporting documents such as the notarized IMM OOO6 form, both my PR visa and COPR, the Canadian passport of my extended family member, and my quarantine plan. Does IRCC only consider people with TRV/eTA under such exemption, and not PR visa holders? Your thoughts pls, @legalfalcon
You must have a visitor visa to apply for authorization not just COPR. You will be going to move permanently so you will need to wait for restrictions to ease.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I just got the approval. But the Approval email contains only my name/Passport Number/UCI number. they did not mention anything about my Daughter.

Even though i have mentioned that my Kid will be travelling along with me. Should i consider that email itself would suffice for both of our travel?
Can you please share what was the PURPOSE OF TRAVEL you mentioned on imm0006?
Also, what was the reason mentioned in that email that IRCC asks us to send in order to seek authorization?

Manishson

Dec 18, 2020
I an currently in Canada and holding work permit, my son is 6 and holding study permit. My wife is on visiter record visa. I need to travel to India next week and return bank in January. All three of us will travel together, not sure I need a separate written authorisation letter for my wife and kid.. can somebody provide me details around this..

Sreebhat

Dec 20, 2020
I've a Canada Work Permit and I'm currently in India (returned to take my family). I've IRCC's authorization mail for my wife and kids who hold approved visitor Visas - however this Authorization was issued back in May 2020. They were unable to travel and all of us are planning to travel together in January/Feb. My letter does not show any validity dates and so I assume I can use the same letter. Also, I'll be boarding the flight with them. Please let me know if I need to apply for a fresh Authorization from IRCC.

Sreebhat

Dec 20, 2020
I was referring to @YogeshGUSA and their situation. He has an ICT work permit (job offer) and his wife has an open permit. They were travelling together so his wife didn’t need authorization. If he had gone to Canada without her and she followed later then she would have needEd authorization. Plus I believe they were coming from the US but I may be wrong.
Hi, I'm in a similar situation..I was in Canada with an approved Work Permit and I've returned to India to take my wife and kids who have approved TRVs. All of us plan to travel together in Jan/Feb. Also, I already have Authorization mail from IRCC for my wife and kids, that I received back in May 2020. Do you think I can travel back to Canada without a fresh Authorization letter ? Nowhere in my Authorization letter is it mentioned that the letter is valid only for 3/6 months..Moreover, I'll be accompanying them..Inputs appreciated !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I'm in a similar situation..I was in Canada with an approved Work Permit and I've returned to India to take my wife and kids who have approved TRVs. All of us plan to travel together in Jan/Feb. Also, I already have Authorization mail from IRCC for my wife and kids, that I received back in May 2020. Do you think I can travel back to Canada without a fresh Authorization letter ? Nowhere in my Authorization letter is it mentioned that the letter is valid only for 3/6 months..Moreover, I'll be accompanying them..Inputs appreciated !
According to the site and because they have TRVs they need written authorization. Also it states on the link that the letter is “Once the form is signed by solemn declaration, you have 6 months to travel to Canada.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I an currently in Canada and holding work permit, my son is 6 and holding study permit. My wife is on visiter record visa. I need to travel to India next week and return bank in January. All three of us will travel together, not sure I need a separate written authorisation letter for my wife and kid.. can somebody provide me details around this..
Your wife will need authorization. Not sure about son if he is on a study permit. See under how to bring family with you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

Sreebhat

Dec 20, 2020
According to the site and because they have TRVs they need written authorization. Also it states on the link that the letter is “Once the form is signed by solemn declaration, you have 6 months to travel to Canada.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html
Thank you..However, I'm little confused..Isn't this solemn declaration for extended family members ? In my case, I'm taking my wife and 2 small kids with me and I was thinking an email Authorization from IRCC is good enough. Basically, I've 2 questions -
1) I am a Work Permit holder with a proper job in Canada and I'll be accompanying my wife and kids who are holding TRVs. I read in this forum that email Authorization is not being asked at airport if primary applicant is traveling with the TRV holders. Is this not correct understanding ?
2) I already have Authorization email from IRCC for my wife and kids that exempts them from travel restrictions. However, I received this mail in May 2020 and we never utilized it till now. Nowhere in this letter its mentioned that the validity is for 6 months and so I was thinking my wife and kids can still use it when we travel in January/February.

Thanks in advance for your inputs

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
yes,i get email that they approved my requested and the validate of my authorization is 3 month.with two attached paper but i couldn't open them.
Hi, did you have your visa application approved before applying for the exemption? And what documents did u attach alongside your request? Thanks

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I've a Canada Work Permit and I'm currently in India (returned to take my family). I've IRCC's authorization mail for my wife and kids who hold approved visitor Visas - however this Authorization was issued back in May 2020. They were unable to travel and all of us are planning to travel together in January/Feb. My letter does not show any validity dates and so I assume I can use the same letter. Also, I'll be boarding the flight with them. Please let me know if I need to apply for a fresh Authorization from IRCC.
Can you share the 'PURPOSE of visit' while requesting Travel Authorization Letter.