+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

mayanour

Nov 23, 2020
Hi, did you have your visa application approved before applying for the exemption? And what documents did u attach alongside your request? Thanks
No.i applied for the exemption and my visitor visa in process,when i received the approved authorization by email they requested my passport in my account .now i am waiting 2 way passport request from IRCC ,because in the VFS global in Algeria didn't accept to take my passport and explain to me that i should send email for another department they come to me and pick up my passport.

the document that i attached for the authorization letter are:
- visa of my husband and his work permit.
-our marriage certificate and family record book (we have it in Algeria).
but i think the most important thing is to explain well in detailed for travel.in my case i explain my case,i had already open work permit and i didn't travel to Canada because the Covid19 ,all border was closed and when they do the exemption, my visa was expired ,the second reason that my kids need their father.
i am waiting they pick up my passport.
i wish for all to get the approved.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
No.i applied for the exemption and my visitor visa in process,when i received the approved authorization by email they requested my passport in my account .now i am waiting 2 way passport request from IRCC ,because in the VFS global in Algeria didn't accept to take my passport and explain to me that i should send email for another department they come to me and pick up my passport.

the document that i attached for the authorization letter are:
- visa of my husband and his work permit.
-our marriage certificate and family record book (we have it in Algeria).
but i think the most important thing is to explain well in detailed for travel.in my case i explain my case,i had already open work permit and i didn't travel to Canada because the Covid19 ,all border was closed and when they do the exemption, my visa was expired ,the second reason that my kids need their father.
i am waiting they pick up my passport.
i wish for all to get the approved.
Thanks, I'm expecting their. I applied two weeks ago but I'm yet to get a response

Eilenora

Oct 19, 2020
can anyone kindly share a template of this request for authorization as I am about to prepare and send one. Thanks
Hi All.

So I travelled with my kids on Monday the 28th Dec. Our approvals did not come out on time and I did not expect that it will considering we only found our about the authorization letters a week to our travel dates and following this thread, I knew it wouldnt come out. We decided to take the risk regardless as it was really expensive to do a date change and the only available dates would have been end of January, long after commencement of lectures. We were able to enter into Canada without any issues. Also no1 asked for the written authorization. Pls note that I am Nigerian, international student, but kids are Americans though reside with me in Nigeria. We had a bit of delay before the airline carried us from Nigeria though but the focus was more on my status as an international student just coming into Canada not a returning student, not so much about the kids accompanying me without an authorization. A family friend had a different experience a few days before though as the airline refused to carry them without the authorization. So i dont know if its cos of the nationality of the kids or the discretion of the airline. Thought to share the experience for anyone that needs it. All d best guys

Last edited:

ITGuy4mDelhi

Apr 19, 2020
Hi,
Me and my wife have a valid work permit and my 3year kid is on dependent visitor visa. We want to go india for some family reasons. I applied for authorisation letter for my kid. So the reply came is ' you have indicated that you are currently in Canada.Therefore, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions.Please re-submit your request once you require re-entry to Canada. An officer will assess if you qualify for an exemption at that time.
I want to know if anyone have a similiar situation and they got authorisation letter. Should we take risk of going india without letter?

Reactions: veeru_28_j

veeru_28_j

Mar 2, 2013
when did you apply for it ?

Hi,
Me and my wife have a valid work permit and my 3year kid is on dependent visitor visa. We want to go india for some family reasons. I applied for authorisation letter for my kid. So the reply came is ' you have indicated that you are currently in Canada.Therefore, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions.Please re-submit your request once you require re-entry to Canada. An officer will assess if you qualify for an exemption at that time.
I want to know if anyone have a similiar situation and they got authorisation letter. Should we take risk of going india without letter?

BallyCanada

Oct 20, 2020
Hi,
I think you won't need authorization coming back. You just need job letter from your employer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think you won't need authorization coming back. You just need job letter from your employer
The child needs an authorization letter.

raheelnadir

Jan 4, 2021
Hello so the reason is to reunite with my spouse who is temporarily working in Canada. So I attached: my spouse's Work permit, her passport, temporarily work visa, my own passport, and our marriage certificate. I also included my quarantine plan, saying how I will be sleeping in the guest room for 14 days and have my spouse buy the groceries for me and I will not leave the house. I also mentioned that I will be staying in Canada long-term to live with my spouse.

Hope that helps you and good luck. The waiting time is quite frustrating since I was cutting so close to my desired travel date. I would suggest you apply as soon as possible.
Can you please share your letter if possible (raheelnadir@gmail.com) I've the same case too my wife is in Canada on a work permit and my wife applied for the letter in April and they refused it and now we think to reapply the letter.

raheelnadir

Jan 4, 2021
Please guide me my wife is in Canada on PGWP and I've a valid Visitor visa. My wife applied for the letter in April-2020 and get a refusal. Now can we again apply for an authorization letter to travel. can anyone guide me through the process. Like last time My wife applied via email. Now I just there is imm006 form. Can anyone guide me the process, please.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please guide me my wife is in Canada on PGWP and I've a valid Visitor visa. My wife applied for the letter in April-2020 and get a refusal. Now can we again apply for an authorization letter to travel. can anyone guide me through the process. Like last time My wife applied via email. Now I just there is imm006 form. Can anyone guide me the process, please.
Why aren’t you applying for an open work permit if your wife is on PGWP? When does her permit expire? You can apply for written authorization to travel.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hi, follow the instructions on this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary on how to request a letter of authorization